Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Has Kwiato always been this, idk, eloquent and serene? I seem to remember him as a slightly less annoying Sagan, but that was a pretty good interview tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smirr posted:

Has Kwiato always been this, idk, eloquent and serene? I seem to remember him as a slightly less annoying Sagan, but that was a pretty good interview tbh

I think he's always been alright he just has the Ineos Stink about him

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, as a rider I've loved him since the Quickstep days. I just don't think I knew that he could knock an interview out of the park like that

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Think it was on Geraint’s podcast he said Pidcock’s never drank alcohol.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
disrespectful to the historical and perennial classic, Amstel Gold Race imo

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Think it was on Geraint’s podcast he said Pidcock’s never drank alcohol.

And even if he drinks this amstel he'd still be correct

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/OutOfCycling/status/1779525127807340553?t=lEg9QbOjPCz_XyESKKQsWQ&s=19

e: hm, deleted. It was Pidcock saying "I WAS going to say it feels great winning this for the second time but I don't want to cause controversy", stumbling over the word "controversy" like five times

Smirr fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 14, 2024

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't know I think Amstel is a great beer for people who hate beer

PolishPandaBear
Apr 10, 2009
Saw this on reddit. It's another angle of the Roubaix cap throw.

Hilarious that she claimed it was an accident.

https://www.ad.nl/play/productie/nieuwe-beelden-vrouw-gooit-bewust-petje-naar-van-der-poel-437716

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Good race, lame result. Lol at the women's race result, god I wouldn't sleep for weeks if I did that.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/NairoInGreen/status/1779845136987361529?t=ZwvaJyxQBqe7qswOLQ-hdQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/NairoInGreen/status/1779858257722458432?t=v_hB-pmNbrSg0DP6NJFrcw&s=19

colonel tom
Mar 1, 2012

:hmmrona:
Concerning

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

The sport that's deepthroating middle eastern oil state money is not going to care about this.

I hate it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
She probably thinks it will get Chris on the tour squad.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Such beautiful poo poo weather in Fleche Wallonne

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Weather in Europe is horrific from 27c on Sunday to 1c tomorrow night. I’m even back on zwift.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the new age.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Never a good day when ipt win.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
Dumb question but why don’t teams do jackets that look like their jerseys?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jackets are a disposable item.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
Also the waterproof materials can’t necessarily be dyed the correct colors.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I'm enjoying the pro cycling videos made by this small channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53-8hKIvZrI
(endearingly just a touch amateurish but he's already improved from the very first videos!)

Pocket posted:

Weather in Europe is horrific from 27c on Sunday to 1c tomorrow night. I’m even back on zwift.

Yeah it loving sucks, currently forecasting a week of down to about -3c during the night and +3c as a daily peak.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

So was Flèche any goo-- *checks results* MODS???

Maybe that's the price that the French have to pay for having 5 riders in the top 10

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Apparently it was a good race. I didn't watch because fleche is a mickey mouse race.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
an honest, hardworking british rider winning it for Israel, absolutely heartfelming stuff

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Stutes posted:

Also the waterproof materials can’t necessarily be dyed the correct colors.

Dark jackets are easier to clean when the weather is poo poo so they last longer.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I still don't understand cycling tactics at all, but Uno X was leading the peloton for a good portion of the last 40k and I'm not sure why or what they hoped to accomplish. They did a good job catching the Alpecin breakaway rider for the rest of the teams I guess.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's ok neither do cyclist or anyone else involved in the sport.

Hutzpah
Nov 6, 2009
Fun Shoe
I did think "wow, look at this team with like 6 guys on the front. They're really going to dominate this race."

Then they were all gone at the start of the Mur de Huy.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They were trying to attack the bunch in the closing stages but I don't think any of their riders had it when it came to the Mur, so not much you can do about that with tactics.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think sometimes wildcard teams just go hogwild, particularly in lovely conditions, for the sheer hell of it. Cf. that one Gent-Wevelgem where Roompot went completely ballistic (and didn't win)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
UnoX are trying hard to make money in a tough world.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Hutzpah posted:

I did think "wow, look at this team with like 6 guys on the front. They're really going to dominate this race."

The gap only really came down when the Visma rider(s) got on the front. I don’t think Uno X have the budget to have powerhouses as regular domestiques.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
They're also getting a lot of coverage in the 'wow only UnoX got all their riders to the finish' narrative I've seen in a few places.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
KASIA NIEWIADOMA (just caught the replay)

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Pocket posted:

Never a good day when ipt win.

You know they’re not even owned by the Israeli state right? Can cheer for a plucky Welshman winning in his natural habitat, dogshit weather and a sharp climb.

Hutzpah posted:

They were the only team properly dressed from
the start, and better accustomed to poo poo weather than most. They were trying to make sure the other teams didn’t have time to slow / stop to get dressed properly and steal an advantage - but they’re not a world tour team.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1780884896052818261?t=ejO9gnfE8-wXR8WguWV-wQ&s=19

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

loving hell what a corner at the Alps.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Angryhead posted:

loving hell what a corner at the Alps.

https://twitter.com/lucasaganronald/status/1780944237288124653?t=xme_DVtJEA5ScerrrphhPw&s=19

CW: someone slamming head first into a street light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
What the gently caress is everyone on this year that they keep just loving up basic lines so bad?