Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
Is there a law preventing the sovereign from running for parliament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Hmmmm. Out-of-date, outdated documents...where have I heard that before?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Irish border collie solution

Quoting cause I love border collies; no other reason

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

lmao but also ffs

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1179013539685654528?s=19

i know i mostly use twitter because insane galaxy brain takes make me hard but joe glenton is a genuinely good lad, ex squaddie who went AWOL for years because gently caress the british army, 10/10 follow

Oh but don’t you see affluenza is a terrible illness that leaves them unable to cope with such extremity. Switching to the low-thread count sheets alone will cause their skin to simply slough off, and how fair is that?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Did she ever come clean about what the gently caress that was really all about or did she stick with her original bullshit story until the bitter end.

I think she probably told the truth and was like drunk as gently caress and doesn’t want to admit it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

The telegraph politics twitter pic - I didn’t see whose account it was and totally thought that was some nazi regalia with the white /black / red theme and geometry.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Enallyniv posted:

It's someone who was especially distinguished at deploying "slammers" in the global 1990s craze, Pogging.

I bet I still have a pog in the basement somewhere

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

blunt posted:

For what it's worth, I, an early 30s person get political research calls from Populous on my mobile (and don't have a landline). Then again AFAIK they're one of the good ones.

Yes, despite what the internet thinks, mobile phones get called, too. In part because some of these dialers work by using a list of auto generated phone numbers, not actually a list from someplace.

Anyway I know it’s not new but I just came across this pasture of May and feel, much like the photo after Bojo’s parliamentary loss, it’s probably her most common expression when she reads the news.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Niric posted:

I agree Piers Morgan should have a health warning put on him

Should be forced to go around with photos stapled to him of the faces people make when they hear him

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Purple Prince posted:

Really don't think Tories should be

Overminty posted:

or see him

:discourse:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I know it’s reddit but a pharmacist is doing a slow AMA on his thoughts of brexits impact on meds:

quote:

We are already seeing problems across the board. HRT is difficult in particular. I gather there has been a lot of insulin fridge storage prepared in advance which should help. My advice is not to panic and stockpile. If we do that there will be big problems, just don't leave it to the last minute to get your prescriptions. Reorder at least 7-10 days in advance and accept some things may need to be changed.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Link please, that sounds interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/dc8vmb/third_generation_pharmacist_with_27_years/

Only the one answer so far, so not sure if things will pick up.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamfleming/status/1179400707436433408

Wonder if that’s why DUP seems so happy.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/kimwillsher1/status/1182347975063986176

lol shocking

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Pesky Splinter posted:

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1182339933199052802

Looking forward to the formation of TITs - The Independent Tories.

I was thinking more along the lines of the blue-blooded boobies.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

Every bourbon I have tried so far has a strong vanilla extract taste, is that by design?

It’s part of the process, anyway. Vanillin present in oak can be transferred as part of the barrel aging process. Combined with its sweetness and it really comes out in some varieties.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

In re bourbon chat, this is my current favourite:

https://www.kentuckybourbonwhiskey.com/the-whiskeys/noahs-mill/

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It's more that I think the yank mentality of "everyone needs to be armed to the teeth and ready to murder each other at a moment's notice because that's FREEDOM" sounds insane over here. It's not specifically the idea of banning guns but like, the idea that maximum murder capacity shouldn't be the basis of society, which I do think is a left/right split.

It's also worth pointing out within the larger context of the spread of right-wing ideologies, that this reconceptualizing the second amendment and gun worship is very modern and a successful invention of conservatives wanting to expand their power base. Not that there can't also be a fundamental disagreement on the issue between the two countries, but that a generation of conservative marketing is pretty powerful.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sarah Bellum posted:

The latter. Sir Bernard Jenkin is accusing him of favouring the other side of the house and says he's forming a committee to investigate the role of the speaker, right now.

Like he gives a gently caress, he's got ten days to retirement, right?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

namesake posted:

He's stepping down as speaker but what about his MP seat?

He'll go back to the Tory benches unless he immediately leaves the party lol.

Ah I thought it was both after the party let it out that they'd be challenging him (but that was obviously before he announced he'd be stepping down).

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

While there's a couple extremely rare congenital conditions that can make part of a human brain smooth I always assumed the term stemmed from the fact that reptiles and birds don't have brain folds.

I feel like it’s more likely an artifact of a belief that more wrinkles = smarter, and not anything more complicated.

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah all the conditions that cause brain smoothness in humans are generally fatal during infancy.

It's probably one of the few ways of calling someone a loving idiot moron cretin terrible thinker that isn't rooted in some old ablism.

Agreed.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

I’ve been waiting for birb chat....

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Reminds me of Trump visiting the Holocauast memorial in Israel and writing in the book basically "Wow! Cool poo poo - bigly interesting!!!" which people contrasted Obama's message talking about the darkness of history and the light of hope that those who survived could build anew.

This is the lens by which he understands literally anything. He’s never bothered going beyond his real estate grifts. Any transaction is judged by its ‘dealiness’ quotient. Any physical place is judged by size or surface complexity.

ronya posted:

the polling looks bad and Labour is nervous

On top of that guaranteeing a...no-no-deal...would probably enflame BPers more than they already are as regards pushing back the date.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Brexit party lot were hating this deal and know it’s still an option come Jan31st. The tories are at a much bigger loss to them come an election.

Yes, agree; I was unclear. I guess I meant that if Johnson were forced to tepidly forbid no-deal, it would make them even angrier and ratchet up the anti-tory rhetoric. Maybe they’re (BP) already at their ceiling, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

The hope is that Farage and his followers are egomaniacs enough not to stand down and actually contest seats against Tories. That would be amazing.

I really think it would take very little to convince him it’s necessary to run it hard.