Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

mediaphage posted:

Is there a law preventing the sovereign from running for parliament

I'm pretty sure there is actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with a housemate not paying their bills? It's only £50 a month but they never loving pay and currently owe me a couple of hundred quid. I hate chasing it, I imagine they hate being asked, but I am getting really narked off. I know they're ignoring my emails and I think they're actively avoiding me as much as they can atm. If they said they were broke I could understand and work something out but total radio silence is infuriating.

You need to get rid of them. Either they move out or you do. I've been in this situation and so has my best friend, and it cost her thousands and the fucker will never pay her back. Get out of there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Niric posted:

I read this like you and your best friend lived together and you're the fucker who won't pay her back

Hahaha no, though I suppose that's what I WOULD say.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I fancy a Tizer now

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Living in Scotland is a good alternative for getting free prescriptions, because you don't even have to admit you are doley scum and get dirty looks from the pharmacy staff. Huzzah!

wtf if anyone at my pharmacy breathed a hint of judgement at anyone for their exemption reason they'd be fired so fast their feet wouldn't touch the floor

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

My friend you need to understand something; the English dominate, always have and always will, the union and if you can't grasp that this had had profoundly negative consequences on the rest of us who also inhabit this shell of a country then may I politely suggest that you aren't as observant as you would like to make yourself out to be.

For decades the Welsh have been gas lit by the English elite so I afford them some degree of understanding and empathy but the difference is that the English will continue to vote for a party that fucks us all over, time and time again and people are losing their patience with this poo poo so spare me your bullshit and explain why the rest of us have to suffer for a decision primarily made by the English, whom are intent on dragging us back into the boiling pot?

There is no loving difference between an English person and a Welsh person and an Irish person and a Scottish person except where they are from, do you think no English people are going to suffer in Brexit, or what? Your class solidarity is really loving weak here

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

It's not my fault we're on a sinking ship, love.

Condescension/sexism, my one weakness.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Ash is completely loving nuts when it comes to the English and its best not to engage with her

You're right. I was feeling punchy, I'll stop.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I just ate some roast beef Monster Munch and they were great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

mehall posted:

If anyone does want to suggest a tactical voting site to any friends, https://tactical.vote seems to be not full of poo poo, and displays the actual 2017 result alongside it's reccomendation.
You can also easily view the full A-Z list of constituencies, and is the easiest URL to remember.

I just can't do it. I can't vote Lib Dem. Uggh.