Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

España. Careful with the ñ lest you wish someone a happy achiever of anuses (feliz cumpleanos vs feliz cumpleaños)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Eschenique posted:

How would Ireland wear pants? Like this

or like this?`

134 counties

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I swear a couple piddly drops of rain fall on London and everything just breaks apart

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Guavanaut posted:

lmao

No you loving don't.

Look they didn't say which people ok, they're technically correct

WhatEvil posted:

https://twitter.com/Jasamgurlie/status/1179100779904425987?s=20

Has this been posted yet? Harry & Meghan suing Heil on Sunday.

Tag yourself I'm the inevitable incredibly aggressive attack pieces against Harry and Meghan that will mysteriously start appearing on the Heil from now on TOTAL COINCIDENCE EDITORIALLY INDEPENDENT I PROMISE

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Lol how do you even loving enforce this in actual reality and not tory wank fantasyland

Also rename Magilligan Point to Smuggler's Cove, has no one loving seen the area where there's only a mile of water separating them?

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 1, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Random Integer posted:

I dont own a home but I do get owned at home.

From each according to their horniness, to each according to their kink

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 1, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Noxville posted:

The video itself is great for poor persecuted Tory youth

https://twitter.com/telepolitics/status/1179054306013659139?s=21

Not a loving smidge of self-reflection it's amazing, from a scientific viewpoint

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Captain Fargle posted:

I swear to god I know this guy's face from somewhere. He might have done some poo poo like this before or maybe he's an actor of some kind?

Either way my first reaction was "Where the hell do I know him from?"

j/k Dagoth Ur had higher morals than any Tory

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ms Adequate posted:

Well now you're making the border sound like some awesome Dwarf Fort/Space Marine poo poo

Brexit and Boatmurdered share very many parallels, when you think about it.

The referendum was that lever, you know the one. There's one in every fort.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Communist Cosmonaut Corbyn Party

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Taear posted:

I'd really enjoy someone doing a poll of people that want no deal and asking them why.
I just can't get my head around it.

Racism + BRITAN RULES THE WAVES + young millennials gently caress you I got mine

e: f; b*2

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Bobstar posted:

When my company bought another company, one of the first things the CEO did was demand all the security cameras pointing at the employees were taken down, which was nice. I think they come as close as possible to fulfilling the whole "think of this company as one big family" thing (which is not very close because it's bollocks, but it could be much worse).

But I think by far the most beneficial cultural aspect is just letting people get on with their jobs and trusting people as adults. I feel like not doing that is responsible for a huge proportion of job-hating.

The thing with Big Brother levels of corporate monitoring is that:

- The usual lazy gently caress minority will just find a way to circumvent the system. They always loving do.
- The average productive workforce will hate it and you’ll lose out because they’ll start half-assing some things your new system makes harder for them
- Your most productive and expensive workers will just go somewhere else because there’s plenty of other employers willing to take them that don’t do Panopticon

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol loving called it the Heil is starting to pump out articles making Harry and Meghan look bad based on every single ridiculous thing that happens

1940: notable anti-landlord drunk bastard Churchill becomes PM. He would later be used to justify Plucky Britan Spirit foreverially

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 3, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Guavanaut posted:

Hey Pochoclo, do you know anything about Julio Cabrera?

I ask not because all Argentinians know each other but because he's supposedly a big modern Schopenhauerian, but that can mean anything from "studies pessimism and the ethics of reducing human suffering" to "is actual Third Reich leader Adolf Hitler in a wig" and I wanted to check that he's not beloved by fash in Argentina or something before I invest any time into investigating his views.

No, sorry, I am not familiar with him at all, but Argentinian fash don’t read philosophers, they just masturbate to the thought of the military dictatorships coming back and literally praise Hitler and are antisemitic and racist as all gently caress

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

:thunk: but it’s the supermassive black hole at the center of the galaxy swallowing the entire Virgo Supercluster

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Also what kind of poo poo rear end nonsensical concept is “anti-centrism”?

That’s like, everything else

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

DesperateDan posted:

LL I hope you stole everything of value before leaving

Good friend of mine gave his business a great start when he and everyone else at his factory got hosed over and made redundant- the entire staff cleaned that place out within hours with the explicit help of the in house security staff (who also got sacked at the same time) right down to pulling copper wiring out of the walls

I’d have thought a business firing everyone on the same day would at least hire an outside security firm for the Big Day. I guess they just didn’t give a gently caress?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Use of Weapons is really good, everyone should read it

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The Hangover films were unfunny garbage and I don’t have high hopes for anything that director can poo poo out, but this is Joaquin Phoenix so I’ll probably end up watching it when it’s on Netflix just to see him do Joker or something

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Imagine the loving cocaine markets they’d have to set up to supply No. 10 with all those centrists in power, that’d be a real economic stimulus

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Excellent idea, let's mix chewing small plastic loving bags in your mouth with drinking alcohol and getting piss drunk, I'm sure nothing bad can come of this

I'm hoping this is just some dumb "viral marketing" gimmick and not actually real, still dumb tho

PS gently caress the loving rear end in a top hat that was running around on the tube tracks and stopped the Victoria down to a halt, you poo poo, you made a poo poo weekend worse

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 6, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Guavanaut posted:

"Pick your own sex"
:negative:

Is this like those “pick your own produce” activities you can do at farms?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I have to say festivals like Glastonbury just seem like disgustingly crowded shitholes that would induce a dozen panic attacks on me because of all the crowds before it even started

Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to something like that I can't personally understand

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

lol of course blood is a major industry, you can't make this poo poo up

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Pretty drat sure some Sumerian satirist played a song on a gishgudi comparing a rich merchant to the contemporary equivalent of a vampire in their folklore back in 2000 BC, it's not a far-fetched allegory by any means

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Oh you can bet your rear end if Dracula is real and alive he's some kind of "social media consultant". That or a hedge fund manager.

Like in the 1958 film with Peter Cushing

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 6, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I guess it does make sense that mythical creatures in antiquity were just barely disguised forms of bigotry. I wonder what myths future generations will read from our current history. The Abominable Job-Stealing Immigrant? The Horrible Muslim? The Triggered Climate Change Fighter Millennial That Should Go Back To School?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I should clarify that as an immigrant from the misty unknowable Pampas I cannot cross water and therefore was transported here in a stone coffin adorned with heathen runes to guard me, also I can transform into a swarm of hamsters at will.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Pfft spare me with that Third Age poo poo, the Years of the Trees is where it's at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxfoa23skHg

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Steve2911 posted:

Like gently caress are you getting a Coke can through security.

You'd probably get them on a plane though if you disclosed them.

You can cram a bunch of 100ml whisky bottles in your hand baggage in airplanes already

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Strom Cuzewon posted:

del Toro has an entire wikipedia page dedicated to his incomplete projects, and every single one of them is absolute gold: At the Mountains of Madness

gently caress I really want that now.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

What drives a Tory MP to switch over to the Lib Dems? I mean if they were just able to keep grifting as they are, then I assume they'd stick with the Tories because it'd be easier to keep getting re-elected, so it must be either a) they think the Tories won't get elected again at their constituency, or perhaps b) their campaign donors are mostly pro-Remain, and it's getting hard to keep a pro-Remain view while in the Tories?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Dorrell's not even an MP, he "stood aside" in 2015 to spend more time with his accountants family.

Lmao what's even the point of making an announcement video like that then? It's centrist melt meaninglessness as gently caress

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Because I'd seen something like this before:

https://twitter.com/forgetcape/status/1113492306726916097

So yeah, if it costs that much to tour America per person, it's going to be pretty expensive to tour Europe post-Brexit for most bands

Pffft please who needs Europe when you can tour *checks map* Paddleswock-upon-Humber and... Chickensesterescester... with their energetic populations of... 80 year olds average

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Tomatoes are the best thing ever and it's the one silver lining of being a species of insane fucks that just went around eating poisonous things until we stopped dying from it

Same with coffee and spicy peppers, we just took something that nature made to keep us away and turned it into pleasure

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 7, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4g0a7LaUUI

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

winegums posted:

https://twitter.com/EmmaKennedy/status/1181589905589329922

Why do they all do this? Why chunter on about how many PhDs Merkel has? Every loving time

Racists: "We didn't fight the world war single handedly to let all these brown people come here from Poland."
The Centre: "hehe, so do you mean the first or second world war? You see I can count to two, dumb dumb. We didn't win the second world war single-handedly this was a combined effort of many allied countries including the Poles you so cruelly maligned. If you look here you can see a graph I made.... :words:"

This style of arguing seems to appeal to FBPEs uniquely, and thus they think everyone gets convinced by it. They love to pick up on technicalities, or appeals to authority, rather than any sort of convincing argument or narrative. I swear right-wing groups do this on purpose now just to get rage-responses and retweets.

Imagine being so loving extremely broke-brained that you can think "lol we WON WW2, it was a footy game after all, not the utmost horror mankind is capable of made manifest or anything like that no lol it's like ENGLAND - GERMANY LOL WE WON WE WON SUCK IT KRAUTS"

Like... what the gently caress is wrong with them, gently caress them

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Steve2911 posted:

You think there's a living, sentient being inside that husk?

It's just grease and millipedes.

"Trump", by Junji Ito

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Liz was a mechanic in WW2, pretty sure she can just smack him in the head with a wrench or better yet, that mace they've got in Parliament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Jose posted:

my mam sold a flat in london for £10k when she moved back up north and apparently due to its location and some peculiar features about it its now worth like £2m

Lol our generation will never own their own loving house will it