Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The immense backlash against the government for the remainder of the year after brexit happens is going to be fascinating. They can't exactly blame anyone else, they've been in power for nine years.

It's all the EU's fault.

And if it's not, it isn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You voted for it.

Edit: Happy birthday Ms Adequate!

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

The Deleter posted:

The other four Mambos must not be played. The first one summons locusts, the second one turns water to blood, we never found where the test subjects we got to play the third one went, and the fourth one's just kind of sucks.

Guavanaut posted:

done :)

That sounds really medically useful but I keep playing it and it's not working. (Thanks for posting them CGI Stardust).

e: ^^^ :discourse: lol

Can you please stop? I'm trying to make tea and suddenly there's blood everywhere!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Eschenique posted:

What about a peaceful annexation of the UK via Ireland by EU forces?

What's the royal navy going to do? rust and sink to block the path with its 5 remaining hulls?

I hear there's a tunnel now. Makes you think.

Unless it costs 150 quid to use the british railways. Then we'll pass on invading.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

RabidWeasel posted:

Much like "no deal is better than a bad deal" it turns out that the brexitest, dumbest part of the electorate are really good at remembering slogans you made up just to score a few cheap points. "Die in a ditch" is going to do work I'm sure.

We have more or less actual prison slave labour in this country, I don't want to go into any detail of how I know about this but there are companies getting work done in prison workshops (at a tiny cost) which would be completely economically impossible otherwise. And this is in sectors where the alternatives are investing in expensive machinery or cutting edge research so it's a definite case of directly holding back the economy from becoming more productive.

E: I guess it's not really slave labour since I believe that the prisoners can decline to do it but the alternative is staying in a cell all day and they do get some pathetic amount of pay like a few quid a day, but it fucks up worker power just as badly

In the american system they do this and look at what the absolute minimum they are required by law to feed prisoners. Inmates can buy bread and rice at the prison store if they don't want to starve. No-one is "forced" to work. You're free to starve.