Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shocked we even made it to this thread, quite frankly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Devastated that I didn't even make the list of 10 shitpostiest shitposters for September. Efforts must be increased.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That thread title though :vince:

Yes, I could have put this in the last post but these are the kind of moves you need to make when your reputation is on the line.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy Birthday MsA, you're one of the all time greats :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You'd better all be this nice to me on my birthday, by the way :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I read a page of that Braincels thread and my brain has dribbled out of my ears, send help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

When is it?

19th so mark it down in your diaries now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yo Guav, can we get the UKMT discord link put in the OP on the regular please?

Or am I being dense and just not seeing it (this is very possible)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

I'd need to know what the UKMT discord link is before I can do that :shobon:

Should be this, I think?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThomasPaine posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: TWEETMAN GALAXY BRAIN TAKE ALERT. DO NOT CLICK WITHOUT 05 APPROVAL. KETER CLASS COGNITOHAZARD :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1179013129268793345?s=19

This is a cry for help

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I feel like I'm in loving Groundhog Day here. Every 3 months the Tories bring up the same plan they had 3 months ago and the entire press shits itself while it forgets that they've ever heard this idea before. Can someone please just call them out on this bullshit cause it's so clear they've got absolutely loving nothing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThomasPaine posted:

:circlefap: beans up the backside is an antisemitic trope, typical labour racism, and furthermore :downswords: :circlefap:

The centrism is coming from inside the thread!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True fact: I have to watch this video any time I remember the Count exists

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pochoclo posted:

From each according to his horniness, to each according to his kink

Think we need to exclude from Ms A from this or she won't leave any horniness for the rest of us :thunkher:

e: Seb! :argh:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Oct 1, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Down with Ms Adequate! All praise Solefald, our new birthday monarch! :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

:negative:

Rarity more like Judas Iscararioty

You had your turn, it's time to share :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

I AM SHARING I EVEN EXPRESSED GREAT JOY OVER SHARING A BDAY WITH A VERY GOOD POSTER

Bad Ms A! Bad! Back in your box!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The entire political media industry is a creaking dinosaur that has failed to adapt to new technology and survives purely off the 50+ demographic so I don't know why people expect polling companies to be any different

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

baka kaba posted:

Yeah but there are only 5 people posting in this thread :ninja:

Can confirm that I am also Angepain, Miftan, Tesseraction and ronya.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mediadave posted:

C'mon guys, discussion (in the debate and discussion forum) isn't concern trolling.

It is when everyone who does it refuses to engage with the point that the media's problem is the politics and not the person

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

They're all comrades.

This is vanilla ice cream erasure

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

How has 'poggers' crossed over into non-twitch related things :psyduck:

So according to Google poggers is an alt-right thing?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched Owen Jones at the Tory conference and it's just full of withering husks of people. Also quite interesting that all the young Tories at least seemed aware of how the wider public sees BoJo while all the older ones were fully on board with his absolute madness.

Also felt quite sad for the one woman who said she couldn't count the number of men who had made unwanted advances on her and thought it was normal :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tarnop posted:

Just calling this list of landlines at 10am on a Monday to get a highly representative sample of voters

What do you mean that no one under 40 has a landline any more? Don't think it matters, we've got a fair view of the populace

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:honk: if you're horny

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think you understand Pratchett mate

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

radmonger posted:

Probably more relevant Is that on current standings, if Labour a run a more effective campaign than 2017 _and_ the polls are wronger than they were then, that means that Labour will be perhaps be able to limit the loss of seats to two digits. There is a reason the Tories are keen on the early election that all opposition parties are trying to delay.

Optimism is useful, but you have to base your optimism on reality to avoid it becoming delusion.

Basing thoughts on reality is a good idea and you should try it some time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just had a letter from WOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHH Thangam Debbonaire pointing out that she's up for reselection soon :getin:

Guavanaut posted:

McVey on some of the new innovations in housing.
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1178658836779024385

I guess she thinks that until recently everyone lived in flats :dadjoke:

Designing buildings on a computer. The loving future-forward genius thinking on display here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

radmonger posted:

When you buy a new pair of boots, you know that eventually the soles will wear out. The relevant word is ‘eventually’; you can get some walking in between now and then.

Oh my god just shut the gently caress up you relentless idiot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RockyB posted:

Marina Hyde still one of the only decent parts of the guardian.

Isn't she transphobic or is that just Hadley Freeman?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tarnop posted:

I'm going to try to go to our next local canvassing meeting, but last time I tried I had a panic attack at my own front door and blacked out so who knows

Makes me feel like poo poo that I can't get out there and help

Priority #1 is taking care of yourself. If you can't get to a meeting because you need to deal with your own poo poo then that is the most important activism you can do.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There was talk of boundary reforms during May's premiereship and they were scrapped without much hassle. It's not the kind of thing you can push through when you've got a weak majority.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

Total number of seats - 650
Working Government Majority - 0

I was talking about May's majority but yes, also this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ahahahahaha this is amazing. Aw bless, at least they're actually trying with this one. Maybe there's hope for them yet.

Please do not post horny in the UKMT without warning me first

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Arguably having a lodger isn't the same as renting out a 2nd property as you're giving up your right to complete privacy in your own home and the use of a spare room for visitors. J Corbs has had lodgers and I don't recall the thread getting all outraged at that.

There's also hugely messed up power dynamics of living with lodgers which are wide open to abuse. Obviously not all or even most live-in landlords do this but we shouldn't just give them a blanket pass.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord of the Llamas posted:

We don't know how reasonable or unreasonably the £400 a month is. The £436 payment on a 30 year term suggests a mortgage of around £90,000 which may or may not be a large proportion of the value. And as already stated it's possible that includes bills too. I just don't agree with the "it would be morally superior to leave the spare room empty than ever rent it out" logic going on here.

Even then she's still profiting from the wealth equity gain on the house as it increases in value.

Not sure why 'profiting off another human's basic need for shelter' is such a difficult concept for you to grasp.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

She's presumably charging that because its the going rate in the area for a room.

Other people profiting by being shitbirds does not give you a free pass to do the same.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That Italian Guy posted:

Would it be ethical to rent a room at 1/2 the price of the average in your area if you have a two bedroom apartment and you only need one to sleep? Or would the only UKMT acceptable solution be to host someone for free? Maybe bills?

Their share of bills/council tax is generally considered the ethical option.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThomasPaine posted:

Weetman posted an incredible galaxy brain take and I resisted linking it.

One day at a time. Recovery is a slow process.

We're all here to support you, bud. You're doing great :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I guess we don't have to worry about losing our jobs to robots if tech has already turned us into robots