Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

moostaffa posted:

Oh hey new thread! How's this Brexit thing going?

Absolutely smashingly! We're getting on with it and securing a great deal to deliver the brexit the people demanded. All is well and Great Britain is thriving. Rule Britannia! send help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

XMNN posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LGBTCons/status/1179138916676505601

im having a great time down here at the empty club in my smart outdoor coat :what:

e: watched it agaiN on a bigger screen and she’s actually outside, but she doesnt look or sound any more enthusiastic

"10th anniversary" lol what a great forward-thinking party, you've had a lgbt group going back all the way to... 2009

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I use the "Shave-and-a-haircut" myself, crucially leaving off the "two bits" payoff, knowing it's almost physically impossible not to respond to it.

Are you canvassing in Toon Town

Ms Adequate posted:

Also whilst you could as a third party outline a long-term plan to rise in stature and prominence so that you one day become one of the big boys, the idea that you can jump from eighteen to an outright majority in a single election is so vastly lol that I can't find a :lol: big enough

They know nobody will trust them with being in coalition for another decade or two so i guess it's go big or go home. Sadly they decided to go big

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Sapozhnik posted:

some wank stain social media intern just got set for loving life didn't they

fucks sake

Love to Live In A Society where "if you do obnoxious things people might pay attention to you" is a valuable insight rewarded by those with access to resources and put into practice repeatedly for their benefit

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

making fun of the pork markets speech is now pro-trans rights praxis, I don't make the rules

https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1180585115652509696

e: a few days after she stood in front of a bar and pretended to care even, lol

https://twitter.com/LGBTCons/status/1179138916676505601

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

All music is bad except the music I personally listen to, which I will not disclose at this point

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

look I know we have very important news events to discuss these days, but I wanted to take a moment for a recent development which has shaken me to the core.

I just had a Chocolate Orange and the whole experience was distinctly underwhelming. Have they changed the recipe so that it no longer tastes of anything? Have I outgrown my childish love of chocolatey sweets? Has Miftan been embedding subliminal anti-Terryist messages into his forum posts? This is very disturbing. More research may be needed.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

now I'm as tired of the weetman discourse as everyone else but I just noticed she does the thing where you put two spaces at the end of every sentence and I just can't handle it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I feel like such a boomer for not knowing who the Weetman is.

It's less of a generational thing and more of an Extremely Online thing. Nobody has any remotely good reason to know or care who Frances Weetman is except the close friends and family of Frances Weetman. You should be proud you held out this long

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I wonder what excuse Good Morning Britain are going to use for keeping him on after pretending to care about this. Probably something about free speech and nothing to do with how it's caused record numbers of people to Engage with their Brand

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I miss baked bean pizzas

i had an irrational childhood hatred of pizzas and the baked bean pizza was how my parents convinced me to try them, so it did some good

I do get surprised by americans talking about beans on toast like it's some kind of abomination though. it's bread, tomato sauce, and some entirely inoffensive bits of protein. what are you expecting to go wrong here

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Ten Labour MPs have publicly declared for the deal. None of them have said anything about losing the whip or expecting any sanction for it.

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1185241744625098752

i haven't checked the working on the for and against figures, but at first glance "deal PASSES" is a strong statement to make when by your admission you have no idea how 37 people will vote and discounting them it's within 5

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I haven't been completely following the thread, did we manage to dedicate time to Theoretical Transgender Jeremy Corbyn? even if so i'll post it again anyway for those just tuning in

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1185184865429458946

https://twitter.com/helenlewis/status/1184756143052279808

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Actually, it's weird that there's no gender neutral aunt/uncle word like parent or sibling.

I'd go with ancle, because it sounds less provocative than 'unt.

I've heard "nibling" for a gender neutral word for niece/nephew, which is just adorable enough to break through my fiery hatred of all portmanteaus

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

baka kaba posted:

lmao imagine being theresa may

one morning, as baba kaba woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a Tory

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

sending the letter but not signing it is some real galaxy brain rules/decorum lawyering. backup plans were presumably saying he had his fingers crossed or claiming the UK cannot be subject to laws because it is technically a boat

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

gotta new pla nto Get Boris johnson. Parlmiant pass law making it Illegl to b ea Toatl Dingus. boris in prisn forevere. fuk him

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The economist is the magazine with the advertising campaign all about how smart you are if you read The Economist

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

big scary monsters posted:

Hello posting pals, I have been very busy the past couple weeks and the unread post count has grown too high for me ever to catch up. What's up with the thread title, what has happened to our righteous commissar, communism bitch?

he has been declared Counter-Revolutionary and must never be spoken of again he's just not an ik anymore because he's not as active these days, he seems fine with it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Hey, anyone remember those guys - you know, below Scotland, next to wales - those guys? The Angish or something? Ongish? Up north from France. Wish I would remember. Maybe if we had a day for it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

RockyB posted:

If anyone is feeling a burning need for escapism, the alcoholic communist amnesiac detective game is extremely good and I recommend it everyone.

The writing has actually got some genuine laughs from me in places, which is extraordinarily rare for a video game.

What game is this?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

look I know parliament cannot agree on much but surely we can get a majority for legally forcing the oct 31 brexit coins into circulation just for how hilarious that would be

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Well yeah, even debased metal will have its uses in the post-Brexit apocalypseconomy! :v:

finally vindication for half the thread's weird music tastes unlike the music I listen to which is objectively Correct and Normal

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

I think the 'easy mode available to all' policy needs to be applied to all walks of British life.

"You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference." - Conservative party policy on disability benefits, December 2019 election manifesto

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

How does one join a discord

Also what is a discord

it's like IRC if that guy who wrote the "smacks around with a wet trout" command was in charge of the entire user interface

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

If you need windows to not get mold in your bathroom then it wasn't built very well to begin with

Yes this is the uk thread

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

all these supposed back-and-forths about election dates and I haven't received a single phone call asking what day would be most convenient for me personally to stay up all night watching the election results. these out of touch politicians don't care about the people

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Borrovan posted:

Is there any day when you wouldn't do that?

Is this even a question?

well exactly, that's the problem. i want to be well refreshed in the mornings I have to do poo poo regardless of the bad news-watching life decisions I make the night previous. I refuse to experience consequences for my actions.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

My election prediction is that on December 13 I definitely will not go back and edit this post so that it looks like I predicted the result

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Johnson kicks off the Tory social media campaign by retweeting this, which kinda doesn't acknowledge that an election is even happening?

I mean voting for it to definitely happen is a form of "moving closer", yes technically

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I feel like it still counts as a UK politics thread for the purpose of his banishment, even if he is the OP

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

jBrereton posted:

PREVENT rear end posting

yes, i would like to prevent the rear end from posting

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

And I definitely won't point at this quote of your duplicity.

much more fun to let the people too stupid/hungover to look for the last edited timestamp out themselves

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

wocobob posted:

So what was the actual point of the FTPA?

the short-term gain of making it more difficult for the 2010 coalition to dissolve. they said it was about fairness and democracy and all that at the time but it was fairly transparent

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I hope the result of the election is somewhat good, and isn't bad

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

I think we can all agree that the best thing is that I personally will get £50 for unlocking and locking the doors at a polling station just in time for Christmas.

why bother with elaborate infrastructure projects as economic stimulus when we can just have five elections per week

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

i'd just like to thank you for the gangtag idea
i say, cackling madly

i'm afraid

e:oh lord i see what has been wrought

Angepain fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 30, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Vlex posted:

Oh boy oh boy, more managers to manage the...scores of Tory activists...?

You wouldn't want to give the tory campaigners any pleb campaign jobs, it'd be below them.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

after sending a long and detailed essay to jack about how everything is political really once you think about it, twitter advertising of any kind is banned forever. soon the company folds and nobody ever has to look at a tweet ever again. i am hailed as a hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

coffeetable posted:

getvoting.org

"The leading parties in all Scotland's seats are pro-European" ... including the Tory seats? Are you sure about this, website