Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Victory to the proletariat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Or something:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-latest-brexit-today-no-deal-general-election-a9125916.html

Joris Bonson news - live: PM 'will be dismissed by Queen' if he refuses to request Brexit delay after failing to get deal, as he faces groping allegations

This would legit be the funniest outcome, because that would mean the queen is a remain traitor and half the country would immediately join sinn fein :v:

350 seat sinn fein majority next election, leading to an absolute labour government because they still won't take their seats.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 1, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Happy birthday also Ms A, forgot to say earlier.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Boris is going to rebuild the maginot line across the northern irish border.

Except it's all built out of cladding.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lord spam op corbyn nerf plx

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I haven't been to sleep yet because I actually woke up about eight last night :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Christ Owly you're worse than I am, I usually get up between 4 and 5 :v:

I do try to keep more reasonable hours but once it goes it goes hard. Eight at night is actually not bad for me cos I can usually work at five in the morning if needs be.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rigel posted:

Hey, checking in from America, was your government and/or your spies involved in a massive multi-nation conspiracy with Australia, Italy, Hillary, and Obama to either defeat Trump or delegitimize his victory? No? OK, well our stupid president is beginning to rope you all into his latest fever dream.

Carry on.

I mean, probably, they've done basically every other hairbrained scheme so that doesn't sound much stupider.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As ever though, there's a reason the EU council agrees on stuff and it's because they can all gently caress each other up if any of them start playing silly buggers.

So whether Orban wants to put his position in the EU at risk to please Boris if the rest of the council thinks otherwise, is another question.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

superLINUS posted:

Birthday Adders

Multiple venomous live snakes are probably not an appropriate gift.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Kind of up in the air tbh, I'm sure he's gonna try but parliament seems quite set on loving him up and we might see a caretaker government.

Though we really want him to be have to do it himself, because that's gonna gently caress up his brexit party support.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Don't shag your girlfriend in the ear.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

pitch a fitness posted:

Customs zones at an equitable 5 & 10 miles back from the border

Pros: Much easier to draw the border
Cons: Cant think of any so far

The west tyrone pocket is looking ripe for encirclement, cut off army group center, unify the island by christmas.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

People have the memory of goldfishes, it's already been shown that they can turn things around massively over the course of an election campaign because people believe the last thing they heard.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't even think it's "fair" reporting as much as he knows how to announce a polcy, the press report on it and say "oh my god how terrible" and everyone else goes "actually that sounds alright to me". It's reporting full stop, because the press can't not report poo poo. It's silence that kills the labour party more than anything.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I hope also the climate protests might have got a few more young voters in, which polls typically ignore.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean anecdotal or not kids do not usually bunk off from school to go to mass protests so uh, it certainly suggests they're getting a lot more political.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

If we do lower the voting age to 16 I think the Tories will piss themselves inside out.

We should definitely lower the voting age to 16.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's the revolution that's supposed to be permanent not your priapism.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"Tomorrow" is a fluid term because from my perspective it happens at pretty arbitrary times of the day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CGI Stardust posted:

Technically written by Cuban bandleader Dámaso Pérez Prado, much like the original Mambo No. 5! (before Lou Bega nicked its riffs for a poo poo song)

couldn't find recordings of 1,3,4, but still...

Mambo No. 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JNq9FCfXNA

Original Mambo No. 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKuvJ7zG9LI

Mambo No. 8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Qnsk56_g4

Mambo number 6 is actually the prequel to the movie sunshine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R11SC3Pb-s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The seqel to the film sunshine is, of course, lenny kravitz' fly away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-iFr9q1I8

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanitary Naptime posted:

There’s an Instant Regret video for every conversation, isn’t there.

The instant regret playlist is more effective than antidepressants tbh.

On that note, the labour party should remake vine but nationalize it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sanitary Naptime posted:

It really is. The memes of my dreams.

Nationalise tiktok and make it just this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TdPBB9Z_cs

Yes, but replace the music with mister sandman man me a sand.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

The TERFs have now managed to logic themselves into a genius position where if you are a male and are not actively transphobic and RTing TERF takes at all times then you are not only anti woman but on the dangerous path to becoming a bearded trans trying to poke your peen into true natal lesbians.

It's mostly reminded me that I need to trim my beard.

My beard is bigger than all of them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

lmao what's Braincels? I'm guessing from the name that it's incels who are convinced that the reason that they are incels is that they are "too smart, and sapiosexual, and women are dumb bitches amirite?"

Fairly sure yeah.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I forget how incels feel about volcels, I think they are utterly incensed by them?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Apropos of nothing I listened to "The Man From The Daily Mail" for the first time and 1. it's maddeningly catchy and 2. is 100% applicable to today 3. is funny as poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ok which one of you is actually jo swinson because I know she's clearly a labour sleeper agent.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

mediadave posted:

I imagine this won't go down well*, but I actually think this would be a good idea:

https://twitter.com/sunny_hundal/status/1178988200561381376

Sunny is right, this would the ideal time and way to establish a young successor to Corbyn clean of baggage.

*Especially because of the debate yesterday, where I was apparently an #FBPE because I argued that Labour should have an explicitly pro-Brexit policy...

No he's not and no it isn't, and you're still a pillock.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You know what would be the ideal time to start faffing about with the labour leadership? Right before an election, brilliant idea.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The labour position is mutual aid masturbation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I am morbidly curious to see how boris is going to do an election campaign because he can't go anywhere without someone telling him he's a fuckwit. Which I'm not sure will go better or worse than may's attempt to do a general election campaign without talking to anyone.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The other problem with anyone younger than him is that he's singularly dull for an MP, like no weird sex scandals or monstrous hobbies or anything. No history of voting for evil poo poo.

So you're left with people from the blair years who all have a right lovely past, or people my age who all have twitter histories and if you think the press have made a meal of corbyn's past to great effect you have no idea how they'd do with the online generations. That will become less of a problem as the left becomes more radical (and more online themselves) but right now I really don't think there is anyone better than corbyn, which is all the more reason we need some good lefty MPs in this election.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

To be honest, if it were possible for Corbyn to step down and be replaced by someone like Laura Pidcock or Rebecca Long-Bailey quickly and without drama, I would say we should definitely do that. But it would absolutely not be without drama, there’s a not terribly low chance it would end with Blairites seizing control, and it would take forever, with an election due in a couple of months.

It also ignores that a lot of the labour party like him, they voted for him, and the chance to have him be PM is a significant motivator for people to put in the groundwork. You aren't just selling a labour leader to the public, the labour leader is the locus of a lot of the party's energy, they motivate people to be active party members.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

pictured: a disinterested dog watches a man plead for attention

It's almost like they're trained specifically not to do that :v:

E: guide dogs, not tories.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ThomasPaine posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: TWEETMAN GALAXY BRAIN TAKE ALERT. DO NOT CLICK WITHOUT 05 APPROVAL. KETER CLASS COGNITOHAZARD :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/francesweetman/status/1179013129268793345?s=19

That's barely even a euclid, come on.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

Big tweet thread on the 'new' BoJo border proposals:

https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1178760377678618626?s=20

(Hint: it's loving madness and will never be accepted and is technologically unfeasible and mad)

I was being serious earlier in that a network of positons over a 5-15 mile depth from the border is literally how the maginot line was laid out :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The customs clearance center is a 16 inch gun battery, it can clear customs over a 20 mile radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Fargle posted:

I swear to god I know this guy's face from somewhere. He might have done some poo poo like this before or maybe he's an actor of some kind?

Either way my first reaction was "Where the hell do I know him from?"

Right wing youth have that particular look, like someone who aspires to be born 50 years old.