Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Apparently Brenda wants to cut Bozo's head off or something.

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1178394011654148101

She's just asking in case of a Corbyn government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Liz redemption arc after 2 centuries of poshly eating the poor? I can't believe it!

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Does anyone have that Jo Swinson voting Tory picture where she outranks Jeremy hunt? I need it for my "Jo Swinson is a Tory so shut up Liberal" meme collection.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Posting early in the thread to predict that Brexit won’t happen on the 31st because hellworld has changed targets.

I’m going to read “tomorrow” here as “the 2nd of October”, and then I’m going to use my editorial powers to ensure that the 2nd of October doesn’t end until the House of Podliament ceases to sit by using the Lords time machine.

So, what I’m saying is, happy birthday, but with technicalities. :colbert:

Thanks!

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Shouldn't the entire no-mans-land be in Northern Ireland since it's the UKs making?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Young me worked with a Londoner years ago and I had no grasp of British politics.

The way he spoke of North and South Ireland the impression I got was that the country was split down the middle Korea style with the south being where all the fundie terrorist were while the North was the place where the peaceful Irish lived under the protection of England.

Turns out Northern Ireland is more like Northern cape Ireland.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Across the middle surely :colbert:

How would Ireland wear pants? Like this

or like this?`

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

That's not unrealistic. As long as there's Tory boot in 10 Libdems will have reasons to go there.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

How did Boris ever win Mayor of London anyway?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

mediadave posted:

I'm wary of 'attacking George Soros = antisemitism'. I mean, George Soros is a billionaire who has made his money in a variety of damaging ways, including betting against the Pound, and now uses that money to influence the politics of countries around the world. We don't like it when the Koch brothers or the Murdochs do it, and just because his politics are liberal doesn't mean we should be happy when he does it.

In a vacuum it's not antisemitism but people who bring up Soros tend to be antisemites in 12/10 cases.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Nettle Soup posted:

The british will do anything for a joke

I like how he put so much effort into those water cannons and May was like "lol nope!" and legislated them into uselessness. Wonder if he ever wanted vengeance for that.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Calico Heart posted:

!!!THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

I will be within spitting distance of the Queen tomorrow as she is visiting the council housing my parents live at and I'm visiting. It seems a waste to be within spitting distance of the queen and not spit on the queen, but it also might upset a bunch of old nurses and firefighters

This is like the trolley problem. By spitting on the queen you save Boris from the tower but by spitting you topple the monarchy.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

No idea what monster munch is but I once had a cadbury creme egg that I bought online just to try it.

What I expected was a kinder egg filled with egg liqueur.

What i got was a chocolate olive that contained some thick mixture of sugar and water.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

CyberPingu posted:

How on earth can you identify a kinder egg as an egg but not identify a creme egg as egg shaped

It was really tiny.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Ah so they are going with the "known rivalry" between Lenin and Trotsky https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1183753448459833345

yes

everyone thinks about Trotsky's rivalry with Lenin

Lenin is the rival we think of

Maybe Boris is just super well read and noted how Trotsky was falling out of favor with Lenin at the later parts of Lenins life while Stalin met with Lenin constantly and delivered his directives to the Politburo.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

WhatEvil posted:

Because what's to stop all the same people just going and protesting but not having XR banners or even mentioning the environment. People will still know exactly what it's about.

Police with batons.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

It's weird really. Young me was like "If I had tons of money I would buy this, and this, and my best friend would get this, and my mom would get this" And adult me is pretty much along the same lines.

Actual rich people meanwhile are more like "Today I think I'll fly over to the child sex slave island while I ponder how to kill off all the poor people"

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

It's cheating if you use a pound of butter.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I have a drinking game where I read Corbyns twitter and do shots every time a Tory responds with "Magic money tree"

2 shots whenever a centrist shows up and suggests Corbyn should resign and appoint an electable successor. You see these electable future PMs can't get elected to Labour leader in a leadership election because they are so super electable that they need Corbyn to appoint them.

I am dead. My blood is 130% alcohol. My blood alcohol has blood alcohol.

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 17, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Sanitary Naptime posted:

If the jobs these people are in are so precariously balanced on them never being late, then they’ve been one delayed train away from the sack the whole time.

Or maybe that did happen and recently and they got a warning for it and now they are late again.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Oh wow XR police and XR landlords are actually real.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Did you finally Brexit? Is it over?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

What about a peaceful annexation of the UK via Ireland by EU forces?

What's the royal navy going to do? rust and sink to block the path with its 5 remaining hulls?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

So these people pretending to be labour voters on twitter who think labour is just one leadership change away from a majority victory in a GE. Who is this magic PM candidate?

I've heard Jess Phillips thrown out there and she even said she would take the job but didn't try for it during the last 2 leadership elections?

Eschenique fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 17, 2019

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

Oh hey it's Diwali soon, and you know what that means?

The triumph of light over darkness? The casting, and casting out, of shadow? Sky full of fireworks, mouth full of sweets? People who aren't Jewish accusing people who aren't Hindu of antisemitism over trying to be inclusive?

:toot:

Any reason to believe this wasn't done for the sake of causing controversy to spread the name of the place?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

They're our joke party. Their historic platform includes building a giant ramp so you can coast from coast to coast and declaring war on Belgium because Tin Tin blew up a rhino in one of the older comics.

American candidates have won on less realistic promises.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

You know. Earlier this year it looked like Therese May was balancing on the knives edge to avoid a no-deal Brexit. But Boris has been ploughing head first towards no deal and it's like the world contorts its way around him to make him hit a brick wall. The system itself will get itself an extension.

Makes me wonder if May ever had the power to cause or avoid no deal in the first place.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Did you fuckers Brexit yet?

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

https://twitter.com/bathnesld/status/1189648562080112640?s=20

Siri zoom in

Rotate 90 degrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I'm pretty sure I know which poster he is, but I'm not gonna doxx anyone.

Graphically, one of these:

Seems way more easily grasped than the table.

UKIP was bigger than Labour?