Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I would like to note, for those of you who haven't watched The Grand Tour, that car is only available to buy by members of the CCP, and costs $600,000USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm guessing that the jury rightfully put themselves more in the shoes of the "person who opens the front door when someone knocks" than the "drunk and confused person with a gun and itchy trigger finger."

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Take him to Detroit!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Her being a cop is completely immaterial to the events that happened that night, aside from the fact that that's why she had a gun. She would have been a humongous piece of poo poo even without a badge, and would have done the same thing. If she wasn't a cop, nobody would be defending her at all, except for racists.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

McNally posted:

Maybe I didn't say it plainly enough.

SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT COPS

What if it's that one X-Files crossover episode?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

Today is also the second anniversary of the Las Vegas shooting.

We never got a confirmed motive for that one, did we?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Well, I mean I'd be OK if Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler all went down if it also sunk Donny. That's the whole point of a kamikaze attack.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Lmao that tattoo

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

At this point Donny's tax returns could be like opening the Ark of the Covenant of financial crime, or they could be something so mundane as he hasn't had more than $100 million in liquid assets in thirty years while still being rich as poo poo. His profound idiocy and narcissism make it a pretty even split between the two.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

BUG JUG posted:

Wasn't Max Uriarte in 3-1? Could this dude be the ur-boot he is always drawing?

No, this dude is definitely a prequel-verse Chongo.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Totally not going to talk about covering up any alleged crimes!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

"I will certainly be writing about this conversation, if that's what you mean."

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Strongly big man so firm on defense.

Bigly McLarge-Huge

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

But I thought he loved the generals, and that they looked like movie stars?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I'm shocked that 4/25 would do something stupid during a major training event.

This is the same unit where a BN CSM had to be ordered by a full bird colonel in charge of their part of the exercise that they weren't allowed to wear the notionally destroyed body armor, because this is a unit from loving Alaska that went down to Louisiana and had to deal with going from temperatures of 0°F to 90°F without taking humidity into account, and everyone would be a heat casualty, which was the whole point of them notionally destroying the things in the first place.

Edit: that was one of a litany of severe command issues with that unit while I was there. I could go on and on. loving ruined what should have been a 3 year paid vacation by trying everything possible to convince big Army not to draw down the Brigade to a Task Force.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 5, 2019

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Want someone to do a cost benefit analysis for airborne that also takes into account the lifetime payouts from VA disability.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Are those Statement By The President messages like, official correspondences? Like, he dictates them, and has them officially released? Is he using legit government communications channels when his tweets get too long and he can't be bothered to break them up?

That Twitter account is just a bot that automatically takes Donny's tweets and formats them like official White House correspondence.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

sharknado slashfic posted:

I saw Ukraine Clown Posse somewhere else

I like that, but even the ICP guys deserve better than to be at all tied to these scumbags.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1181044128655794178?s=19

RIP Syrian Kurds, learned too late about being partners with the US like the Iraqi Kurds

God drat it. Can't wait for the Turks to deny this impending genocide, too.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Oh boy, I really hope that boomers hoarding wealth like discount bin Smaugs craters the economy so bad that all of their retirement funds get rat hosed when the stock market implodes. Misery loves company :unsmigghh:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I saw a tweet this morning from a DOD official or something that the 50 troops there are still there and haven't gotten orders to leave yet

Can't wait for Turkey to "accidentally" kill a bunch of American special operations guys because they were doing their job and fighting with the Kurds. And then we'll do nothing about it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

"You can't give them all the evidence to our crimes, then they'll have the evidence to our crimes!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

These people seem to forget that they're the ones that people think are weird and gross for only making gently caress like once a year, missionary, through a hole in a sheet, after getting blessed by a priest.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

The House just subpoenaed Rick Perry.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Yup, that's me checking out of the news for the day. I really hope this guy goes to jail soon.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Waiting for the inevitable Lionel Hutz business card edit.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Oh, I really hope that leads to some obstruction of justice charges for those assholes.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I'd have to dig for the tweet, but it's likely not illegal. Donnie likely had an agreement that the bank got to take a look at them, but upon loan approval, he would get the returns back or that copy would be destroyed.

The tweet was of a Deutsche Bank employee basically saying "holy poo poo, that's not how we usually do things, but there are side agreements with clients sometimes". It's a pretty stupid/crooked bank already, so it makes sense, in a stupid/crooked way.

That kind of seems like bullshit. "We don't have the evidence you're asking for anymore because we were contractually obligated to destroy it. Don't blame us, those are just the rules!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Stravag posted:

First guy to EVA, Alexey Arkhipovich Leonov, died today.

RIP to a real one.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I am yet again reminded of The 1904 St. Louis Olympic marathon , not in small part due to the fact that I'm looking out the window at Francis Field where the race started right now.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nobody should give a poo poo about the founding fathers. Once you're dead, your opinion doesn't matter.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

Predator is an allegory for the Vietnam war. A group of American minorities and immigrants are drafted into a war on false pretenses, their overwhelming firepower is impotent against a foe that uses concealment and hit and run tactics to wear them down, and the conflict ends with the last survivors leaving a ruined jungle via helicopter, physically and emotionally shattered by the war.

The only difference being that we left Vietnam with a metaphorical mushroom cloud instead of a literal one.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Martin Luther King?

What I mean is you can use historical figures and their views as something to base your opinions on, but not in the context of "this is what they intended/would have wanted."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'll have you know that thanks to the library of congress my posting about star wars will live on for generations to come

With this notable exception. We need an in depth catalogue of every single person's opinions about Star Wars. A Library of Alexandria filled with arguments about the prequels, how Disney "ruined the series", and why the gently caress there isn't another Tie Fighter game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

When I was in Erbil, a Kurd I was speaking with said we should close Incirlik and move the base to Kurdistan. I don't think he was wrong.

This was my line of thought as well. Force the US to never abandon them again by making Kurdistan an immensely strategically valuable location. We could just carve out a chunk of northern Syria and call it Kurdistan. What is the Syrian government going to do, start a war with our allies there?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Good thing the US doesn't care about war crimes!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

And all of this is so that Russia can have one port in the Med for their lovely navy.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

But :decorum: !

Yes she was absolutely correct (if too generous) but everyone just kept playing along with the game they'd been playing for eight years:
"You liberals call me a racist for criticizing Obama's policies! Typical!" ::posts meme of Obama with bone through his nose::

Lately I've been seeing a lot more people just straight up using ethnic slurs when discussing gun stuff on Facebook. Usually in regards to things like "I'm good with my guns, if you goddamned liberals should be taking anyone's guns it should be from *insert racial slurs here*", completely missing the historical precedent that they're advocating. (or not missing it and that being the whole point [it is the whole point])

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Arc Light posted:

What up, HQ buddy?

We found a way to make quad slides dumber.

Our last quarter is for issues we want the colonel or general to look into more closely.

Naturally, we're directed to leave that blank by our captain, because we wouldn't want to imply that the captain can't handle all issues at his level.

So it's 45 slides worth of info in three sections, and then a blank quarter.

If that's the case then why do you need the colonel/general other than to just sign stuff?

I'm thinking that UCMJ should only apply in active combat zones so that anyone can walk up to their commander and tell them how loving stupid they are without repercussion when they do stuff like this.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/1184196900934815744

Not sure the veracity of the report but interesting reading the MOU between the regime and rebels

So, it I'm reading this right, Turkey just invaded Syria, and as much as the Kurds hate Assad they hate the Turks more, so now the people we have been fighting with for half a decade are now fighting against a NATO ally along with the people we have been helping them fight against for half a decade. Meanwhile the Turks are playing "I'm not touching you" with the US forces in the area because they know we won't do anything to them if some of our guys get smoked, because in the end Donny is a gigantic weakling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

imagine you volunteer to fight for rojava against ISIS and wind up killing turks alongside the lion assad and russian mercs

Given world history, there are very few people who wouldn't be happy killing a bunch of Turks.

Also, Nancy Pelosi just announced that they aren't going to hold an impeachment vote whooooo