Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
:nallears:

I do hope n4i comes back eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

pantslesswithwolves posted:

:tinfoil: if you call 201-622-3306 you get a recorded message from Q telling you where Hillary’s 33,000 deleted and acid washed emails are stored :tinfoil:

I’m assuming this is a literal true statement

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Waroduce posted:

Throwing War on the Rocks and Arms Control wonk podcasts into this recommendation

Bombshell is the superior War on the Rocks production

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also I wonder how that Turkish F-16 pilot who had Erdogan’s plane in his sights and didn’t fire during the 2016 coup attempt is feeling these days because I’m certainly not too happy with him.

He is either serving a life sentance in turkish prison or just had his head chopped off. When you do anything to oppose fascism, you either win or you die. :killing:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The US, easily having the capability to not murder civilians continues deliberately performing military actions that not just kill the occasional bystander, but wholesale extended families.

Yes we aren’t running up the high scholar count, and yes we paint that as a good thing. In either case our capacity to be moral and just means that our accidental indiscretions are heinous and cruel.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
“Just following orders” I say, as a hellfire levels a crowded tent. Was it a tent of insurgents or a wedding? Not my business.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Chichevache posted:

Its 2019. Even Bernie Sanders is pretty much a nazi.

By some arguments, maybe. Except we have real neo-nazis to compare against so that’s the stupidest straw man argument you could have posted. Maybe he’s a terrible man corrupted by years of politics, but at least he probably won’t shoot someone in their own home

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hey guys just to clarify that while Trump is indeed a bigoted, racist moron who is definitely owned by a foreign power, sanctions do not work.

Antivax opinion spotted

Soft power works

It takes actually having soft power though, something the Republicans have spent 12 years kneecapping.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

I don't know what it is but the way Maddow presents anything just grates on me.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

Abandoning our allies to defend Russian oil. What in tarnation...

In 11th dimensional chess we're guarding our oil

Its our oil because we have our tanks there.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://www.theonion.com/report-make-it-stop-1839364957

quote:

EVERYWHERE—Claiming that they just couldn’t stand this bullshit anymore, Americans across the country confirmed Friday that someone, anyone needs to please, just make it stop. “Please, please, please, we’re begging you here, just put an end to it immediately,” said sources, noting that it had all gone way, way too far and they would do almost anything for even a few glorious minutes of respite. “We’re on our hands and knees, pleading with you to make it all go away once and for all. What’s it going to take? Jesus Christ, just stop it! Stop it right now!” At press time, sources confirmed that they knew deep down it was never going to stop.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

RFC2324 posted:

Or maybe i should just get my own tiny car and drive it around the yard to relax.

They make them for exactly that reason, and they are universally garbage because they have to be made so toddlers can’t TBI themselves doing donuts on the grass

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Democratic Rep. Katie Hill of California on Sunday announced her resignation from Congress amid allegations she engaged in improper relationships with staffers in her office and on her congressional campaign.

Weak. Admit it and move on. In a post escalator world never resign or accept consequences willingly

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
This is what the ping sounds like as it echos

https://twitter.com/shrekpisssiave/status/1188828893442117632?s=21

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Vasudus posted:

nothing, but there's a high chance he'll get hosed for it because impeachments are a bipartisan thing in the sense that at some point in the future, republicans will want to impeach a democrat

you can only let so many flagrant violations of the ~norms~ and sometimes actual laws before you have to crack down

example: the current goober from state that tried to skip on appearing is going to get a court ruling against him, from a gwb appointed judge, and it's going to apply to any and all people currently in this legal limbo

Republicans are perfectly happy, both on the hill and from the base, to flagrantly violate norms as long as its republicans doing the violation. They will do the same thing in reverse when they want to impeach a democrat.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I feel like TF neglected to post a link to the thread when he offhandedly mentioned that Secret Santa is open

But GiP Secret Santa is open

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3902489&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

A Bad Poster posted:

Wait, is that in the White House? How do the Secret Service feel about him walking around with a loving compound bow?

You assume that the loyalists who remain actually care about little things like that.