Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Jeez y'all she got convicted no need to wish further harm on her. Being a cop in jail is probably gonna be pretty loving unbearable, even without the guilt of having murdered an innocent man.

guilt lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Probably just that almost everyone feels guilty when they kill someone, supposedly.

This is why we villainize the victims

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I tend to think that most (almost all) people are capable of empathy, even if it doesn't necessarily shine through all their other personality defects / defense mechanisms. I'm no fan of cops, and certainly think that this sentence was justified, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable when people start celebrating the misery of others. Guess I'm just a big ol' softy.

You're not a softy, you're dangerously naive.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

The Texas Rangers that did everything they could to make it so she wouldn't be charged and then continued to argue she didn't deserve to be charged should be facing obstruction of justice charges and an unemployment notice.

This is literally the entire purpose of the Texas Rangers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

So, lawyers. How close is this to actual obstruction of justice?

Isnt that up to the DoJ to decide lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
welp we're hosed, looking forward to every Trump family member getting 8 years

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

We really need to keep tugging on the NRA threads and see just how many people we can get wrapped up in money laundering and loving foreign agents

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

A coworker says his dad had stents put in and went back to work the next day, feeling way better once they were put in. If he quits, it'd be for optics, not health probably?

If thats all it is it really isn't a big deal but he might have to cut back on his insane schedule and campaign only as hard as the rest of the field.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'll vote for whoever supports the policies that I do and if Bernie drops out that is currently 0.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zamujasa posted:

Even beyond the presidential elections, there's a ton of work that needs to be done getting progressives into local and state governments, as well as the Senate.

The DNC and what passes for state parties are going to do everything possible to prevent this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
On that note, the Texas GOP in both national and state houses are retiring in droves. The GOP itself in Texas is having a small disaster where the moderate current House Speaker may or may not have encouraged a Tea Party group to go after fellow moderate Republicans in exchange for media credentials(wtf lol), and talked poo poo about those members. There is a recording of this that hasn't been released because neither side can actually figure out if its good or bad to do so. Our legislature meets for approximately 3 days every 2 years so we need special sessions to do anything and despite everyone wanting one so we can pretend to do something about gun violence, Abbott won't call one because they'd have to deal with this poo poo instead. Its not going to turn Texas purple, but there is now just enough resistance in the state from Democrats to force people not to just coast along election to election.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/politics/texas-retirements-gop-2020/index.html

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

orange juche posted:

If Bernie makes it to the finish line in the Democratic primary, then congrats, but if he drops out for some reason, and you decide not to vote, or write in Bernie anyways in protest, then you're part of the reason that the Republicans continue to win, because they can count on Democrats to internally bicker and tear each other apart while they have built a monolithic political machine to gently caress over poors and immigrants.

Yeah thats literally not why Democrats lose but thanks for playing

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

egyptian rat race posted:

Republicans will be just fine impeaching Trump if/when becomes politically necessary. Some of my chuddier friends are already talking about how it might just have been God's plan to give us three years of wandering in the desert before Pence ascends the throne

The base will revolt. The only way Trump leaves office is either losing an election, term limits or a resignation that is framed as him winning.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
DoJ is arguing that the President's personal, corporate and family finances are not Congress or a NY Grand Jury's business.

They are also arguing that the former Vice President's personal, corporate and family finances must be investigated.

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1179827025189769216

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its happened, we found the dumbest troop ever

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hunter also had a seat on the Amtrak board. He also had a direct commission into the US Navy Reserve, requiring an age waiver(he was 43). It also required a second waiver due to a previous drug charge. A month later he pissed hot for coke and was discharged.

He's basically a posterchild for nepotism.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I dont think many people disagree that biden used his political priviledge to get his son into good jobs, like everyone else does (and still doesn't make it right) but asking other governments to do it during an election, then GOING ON CAMERA AND ASKING MORE COUNTRIES is uhhhh bad

Trump's entire presidency is screaming the quiet parts and its made for wonderful drama

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel that the phrase "before being put in charge of everything nuclear in america" to describe Rick Perry's life is never going to get old.

he got a D in Meats

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Blame the loving media who don't push back when trump or republicans lie straight to their face, how they ignore the human costs of the lies and governance, how they candy coat what trump says to make him seem "normal".

Seriously, I think the media is more to blame for this situation than anything else.

The media built the monster and now whines incessantly that it doesn't play well with them. gently caress em.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

colachute posted:

If trump takes down Facebook, Twitter, and Joe Biden before he gets hauled out of the White House in cuffs, i would put him at the top of my “best presidents” list.

he already gets credit for killing the Bush and Clinton dynasties

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They'll still just ignore it because no one is going to jail

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

There are 23 republican senators are up for election in 2020. All but three of them come from R+5 states. Most of them are giant names that could actually say what ever about trump and still win such as Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham.

Plenty of republican senators can vote to remove from office without primary concerns because no one will remember in 2-4 years because our electorate is made of goldfish.

I live in Texas and people viscerally hate George W Bush and Jeb now because they didn't support Trump. Red state Senators will not vote to impeach Trump because they are far more worried about a primary than a general election loss. A Senate seat is worth a lifetime of graft and not a single one of them will risk that.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Except the Democrats havent done poo poo for the poor lately which is the entire reason we're here.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The last time the country decided to trust the Democratic party they gave them a generational majority which was promptly wasted on protecting the banks and passing a 1990s GOP healthcare plan so maybe people are well justified in not buying into the lesser of two evils bullshit any longer

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Non-winning electoral strategies: blaming the very loving people you've spent decades selling out because it helped your 401k

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

There’s gotta be some dirt in those returns given how hard he’s fought not to release them.

he's a real estate magnate. he's almost certainly helping someone launder money.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
just imagine still trusting the US in tyool 2019

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

I'm just surprised Erdogan was the first to start a war by exploiting Trump's willingness to agree to anything so long as you say hes the greatest.

Then again I guess the Saudis can do that with any american leader so

this has also been Israel's entire policy with Trump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hmm yes I too am shocked that the guy who did his best to make the Haditha Massacre go away didn't take some brave, principled stand.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
There is a very slim chance I'm going to see a not horrible President in my lifetime

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

no war but class war

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I can't even fathom the cognitive dissonance required to blame Hillary and her campaign's abject failures on Russian memes but ok

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
In case you thought things mattered because Botham Jean's murderer was found guilty, I have some bad news for you. His hallway neighbor and primary witness was murdered the other day, in what Dallas PD has determined was a major drug deal gone wrong.

Dallas PD is asserting that three men drove 4 hours to purchase drugs from Joshua Brown, who in turn murdered him, and did not take any drugs or cash.

https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/1181633348915142657

:allears:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

colachute posted:

The United States Government is the largest terrorist organization on earth.

There, I loving said it.

gently caress this stupid country.

lol you're not wrong

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The police really love busting young people for trivial amounts of drugs, threatening them with decades of prison time if they don't become a CI, and then sending them off to go make big drug buys which occasionally gets them killed. A couple CIs getting forced into this is far more plausible than driving 300 miles for weed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

EBB posted:

Oh and those two witnesses to Ukraine are deffo getting Epsteined

A very rough ride downtown

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Reminder that people who would later become instrumental in the founding of Israel spent the war doing terrorism against our allies, and the Palestinians.

some things never change

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
these guys odds of survival are very, very low, in or out of jail.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bored As gently caress posted:

Jesus loving Christ these people are so obviously and publicly corrupt it's sickening that most people don't give a gently caress.

THEY HAVE TO DO THIS TO FIGHT AGAINST OBAMA'S DEEP STATE

this is the argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Stravag posted:

How do these people get the private lines of these guys? Dont their staffs handle all their phones until its someone they know has bought access?

Their offices are staffed by the children of donors