Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Hear me out on this...what if ARE TROOPS aren’t shooting at the migrants, just what they’re wearing instead? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bird cooch posted:

The optics of "very old guy who looks and acts very old had to go to the hospital for heart problems and have same day heart surgery" are not great.

Pretty fuckin bad even.

That’s how my dad went to the hospital, except they gave him a quadruple bypass. They had only planned on 3, but found another near-blockage while they were in there...so 4 it was. By that point he could barely walk fast, ride a bike, or shoot his bow for very long before being out of breath. I wish I still had the homecoming video when he got back, their big dog (Hooper, I’ve posted him a ton in the dog thread) was having anxiety issues while he was gone that all but disappeared after their reunion. Hoop was being best and keeping a close eye on my dad afterwards, too :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

How loving dare he :mad:

Nobody, and I mean nobody, deserves to have Nickleback sprung on them. Even being reminded of their existence should be against the 8th amendment and Geneva Convention.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What a Modest Proposal.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

One of my OCS classmates got bounced out for being a nazi (he even had the small glasses and German last name to go with it). This one is in the zone to be one of my classmates, looks like taking in anyone that could fog a mirror during the surge is going to have some fun after effects :haw:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Just put the dog thread somewhere safe before it all goes down in flames.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Because their ships always shrivel up in the cold water?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

A hernia, an abscess, a parasitic infection causing his balls to swell, and a bacterial infection as the cherry on top. Jfc :stonk:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He’ll be back to swinging a hammer for a charity by the end of the week.

god I hope so :ohdear:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He seems like the type that if that’s all he can do, then that’s exactly what he’s doing. The man didn’t stop for any kind of cancer before, he’ll die working on something for someone else.

Such a contrast to now :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BadOptics posted:

Goddammit can we have nothing good in this world? That was the state truck opener!

Ftfy

It’ll be popping open trucks in bridge heaven soon enough :unsmith:

e:
OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

NICE

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Scuba is my therapy, and the shop I used to work for was partnered with a non-profit to try and bring it to vets. This same non-profit did a bunch of other stuff (archery, curling, biking, surfing, etc) but it was really nice introducing people to the underwater world.

My current job pays me to try and save reefs by stabbing lionfish and hauling up marine debris. It’s dirty work, and the deco stresses I’m putting my body through will likely have some weird long-term effects...but it’s worth it to me. I feel like I’m making a positive difference, and underwater nobody can talk to say anything stupid :unsmith:

If I hadn’t gotten back into diving, I’m not sure where that downward spiral would’ve ended. I hear this music in my head every time I’m underwater.

https://youtu.be/TePyMT4ACfA

There’s a scuba thread in A/T if any of you have any questions about diving/want to see the gorgeous pics that other goons post.

e: scuba thread link.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3467420&perpage=40&pagenumber=155

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

post some sick lionfish kill videos

We don’t take videos on our work dives. A camera is just another piece of stuff to carry, beyond my 4 lift bags, a pole spear, and a zookeeper to keep dead lionfish in. If you want the Florida Man edition of lionfish killing, have at this one:

https://youtu.be/-1yM2wOGNE8

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BigDave posted:

Anyone ever have lionfish? Kinda curious if they taste good.

I have. They're tasty :) I cooked them up in vegetables and sauces/spices like a stir fry, but they're supposed to be really good in ceviche too. The intern I work with grinds them up and makes taco meat out of them, she says its really good. There was a place I drove by in Bonaire earlier this month that makes burgers out of them, but we didn't get there before closing any of the days I was there :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

orange juche posted:

Lionfish is supposed to be really tasty but I dunno if I want to eat lionfish when apparently they are a concentration point for ciguatera, which is pretty nasty.

They're not a vector for it in south FL. That's barracudas (which people here also eat :psyduck: ) If you're in the USVI/BVI, though...that's apparently where they're a vector for that.

https://coastalscience.noaa.gov/news/determining-ciguatera-risk-in-invasive-lionfish/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Goodboi needs to become a national bark ranger somewhere in the PNW. Dude’s earned his right to have the zoomies in some nice forests :unsmith: