Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
a bito o'reilly if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I saw that picture and the opening twang of Nobody Speak played in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milo and POTUS posted:

A whole bunch of computer scientists on the next level of the simulation are running around the room sized computer pulling their hair out because it's their rear end on the line if this thing goes bsod

Pfft, like we should be that lucky. We're probably just a forgotten demo unit that still happens to be running.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Buttcoin purse posted:

..while searching for a missing pistol!?

no, missing pistols are formed by the heat and pressure of two colliding helicopters, obviously

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

orange juche posted:

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1087670903540830208

current event, potatos are neat

I dont know why twitter insists on embedding the parent tweet

I used to bum around 3liza's house watching MTV Liquid Television and old marx bros cartoons when we were Moody Teens, she rules and we are lucky to have such a historian to document grover's crimes for internet posterity

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Internet Wizard posted:

What were the other members of Abney Park like

Robert is kind of an idiot and by all reports also a creeper. I haven't met most of them.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oyyy. If we start shooting at Turkey I don't think we're gonna get our nukes back.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I love diving.

The coldest dive I've ever done was Silfrá fissure in Iceland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silfra

They say "can be comfortably dived in a dry suit" by I say my rear end like hell, any human being gets an instant ice cream headache when they put their face in 36 degree water.

That said, totally worth it.

The coolest dive I've ever done: There are a few dive operators that offer "blackwater" dives where you go at night and dive in 5-10,000 foot deep water. Everyone is clipped to a series of lines hanging off the sides of the boat with a carabiner hooked to your BCD, so you're not about to get lost or anything unless you do something real dumb.

I've done it twice, and both times I spent the first couple of minutes sucking down half my air as I stared into the black infinity that surrounds our tiny lights and our little boat and try to get a grip on myself before I relax and find it mindblowingly cool. Though if you stare out into that black water too much you can feel the willies start billowing up again as your brain tries to find patterns in emptiness. The water and the stuff suspended in it absorbs what precious illumination you have, so you really get the impression that blackness is just sucking the light away. You feel very, very tiny, and you never know whether something at the very limits of your light's reach is a bit of trash, more plankton, a school of squid or pod of bottlenose dolphin, or something hungry.

Apparently t's not uncommon for big pelagics to get curious. They have even had threshers show up and start to behave aggressively, and everyone gets out of the water real drat quick when that happens. I've never been lucky/unlucky enough to have anything big come visit, but it's quite an experience without seeing any large animal life. Plus the plankton you see is sometimes quite large and truly surreal, alien stuff. The most defining aspect of it to me though is how vividly you can feel you mind looking for patterns in all that emptiness, and imagining monsters in every pale curdle in the dark.

11/10 I loving love cosmic horror, I'll do it a third time when I make it back to Kona.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

facialimpediment posted:

I thought this was loving fake, or old footage, and it's not.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1189173550768365569?s=19

This is like his third Halloween, how has he not learned how to do this yet?

He only knows how to take candy from babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

bulletsponge13 posted:

MCR announced they are doing a reunion thing.

My Chemical Romance?

...Is there a new album or is it just a tour?