Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Hell of a photo, that

Yes, it's definitely his staff that's making him look like an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

orange juche posted:

He has a non-compete clause though so he won't be doing national news for quite a while.

IIRC, non-competes are tricky to enforce, and some states consider them illegal, so it mostly depends on what's in his full contract, and where he chooses to go to work.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was JFK that walleyed or is that some ye olde photoshop work

He's a little walleyed.

Kennedy was a weird-looking dude.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Time to spread a little cheer

shot + chaser
https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1183859889157726208

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/swamp_land/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Also the NYC Mayor also said n-word wops on live television today lol (the actual word)

He what now

Additionally-- IDK if this has been posted, but woo, this poo poo's surreal.

https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/1184027365170700289

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Defenestrategy posted:

Warrens last round of questions kinda made me sour on her. This means testing poo poo has got to end, and loling at Automation not being a significant contribution to a loss of jobs as I make money at a company whose job is literally program poo poo to make a lot of people redundant.

Felt more like 'ah gently caress I don't have an answer for that right now, so I'm gonna say something else.' I don't think she's said it's not a contributor, just that it's not the only one, and didn't do a good job of communicating that.

That, and I think she figured she could ride on a jobs guarantee/jobs training program (which I believe still has her support?) in conjunction w/ a GND, which, well, yeah. It's a good fallback position to some forms of automation, but it has to happen first.

So, yeah, wasn't a good answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Suicide Watch posted:

The tragedy isn't Deadspin, it's Clickhole and the Onion which are under the same ownership structure. It's okay though, the talent are brilliant enough that they can start anew (it's not like start-up costs for blogs are that high). That said, in the meantime, we'll all bear witness to the decline of quality satire :(

I have such fond memories of the Onion growing up, it's been great seeing how they've changed over the years. Makes this all pretty heartbreaking. It used to be that, when they moved to NY (at least, I think it was NY), you could still get print copies in Madison, WI for free.

Also used to be that when they were in town, a guy I dated knew a staff writer, so when he called the guy to say 'holy poo poo I was hit by a bus,' this happened.

EDIT: Seriously thought I was responding on the last page, lol, welp, time for bed I think.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 31, 2019