Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

EBB posted:

i would not describe any 300-level course as "rigorous"

There are plenty of 300 level Comp Science courses that were "rigorous".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

I like that, but even the ICP guys deserve better than to be at all tied to these scumbags.

Yeah wasn't there a "Juggalos Unite gently caress the Alt Right" banner floating around from a rally in Detroit?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Buttcoin purse posted:

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but:

I assume that "we left in such a hurry that we couldn't bring our stuff out and had to blow it up instead" is probably unusual when you're not retreating, but there's probably no argument to be made that perhaps having to immediately comply with Trump's every whim is wasteful, because compared to the total amount of annual wastage by the armed forces this is nothing? I mean I would never say "oh poo poo I'm running late for my flight home, I'll just leave all my clothes in the hotel room and buy new ones when I get home" but I've heard stories about it not being a big deal when weapons go missing during exercises so I guess I'm just tight with my money :v:

The losing weapons thing is VERY wrong. There are two things that cause a huge scene and are painful for anyone involved, a missing weapon and missing classified material. However in the grand scheme of things, an abandoned FOB is a drop in the bucket of money wasted in Syria.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Mr. Nice! posted:

Erdogan is announcing a massive operation to drive out terrorists over the next 5 days with russian support for 20km across the entire border.

Who could have possibly predicted these unforeseen consequences?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lots of fake vets ITT. Us real American heroes joined before 9/11 due to a crumbling economy and a lack of upward socioeconomic mobility. We just got to pretend we were patriotic once the planes hit the towers.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress, I still struggle with what I'm gonna say to my kids when they are the age to choose that escape route from home. gently caress I don't even know what I'm gonna say about the military in general while they're growing up.

My son is almost sixteen and we've talked at length about the military. I told him I stayed in because I had nothing else going for me in life and it was a way to provide a decent lifestyle for him and his mom but that there were several points in my life where I asked myself if this was really worth it. He has my GI Bill and is setup to earn a degree in something he is passionate about. The only thing he can't do is enlist in the military because I wouldn't be able to live knowing I wasted my time in and he didn't benefit from it at all.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

What if he wants to go Coast Guard?

He can try to commission I guess but that means he'll have four years of college to think about it first.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell water alone will carry you pretty far from what I gather.

(I used the same strategy you did)

You know that in all likelihood your urine was never actually tested right? Only like ten percent of samples actually make it to the lab for testing because it's prohibitively expensive. The making everyone pee In a cup is mostly a deterrent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Flikken posted:

Hotmail is still a thing?

I still have a Hotmail account from 1998.