Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/tliou/status/1179059677528764416?s=21

Motherfucking finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1179055524500905984

When the Democrats don’t do poo poo about this, you can go ahead and forget impeachment.

(Go ahead and forget it)

E: I’ve been saying that everything congress does when it comes to interviewing people, getting testimony, hearings, etc etc are all a dog and pony show and they don’t mean poo poo. Time to find out if I’m right or just jaded.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Probably just that almost everyone feels guilty when they kill someone, supposedly.

Her actions when a man that she shot was laying there dying next to her indicate that she doesn’t feel guilty she killed a man. She feels guilty that she’s going to prison.

There are people who don’t feel guilty about trafficking children for sex. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that an entitled white woman feels no guilt for killing a black man.

colachute fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 1, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I tend to think that most (almost all) people are capable of empathy, even if it doesn't necessarily shine through all their other personality defects / defense mechanisms. I'm no fan of cops, and certainly think that this sentence was justified, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable when people start celebrating the misery of others. Guess I'm just a big ol' softy.

Yeah won’t someone think of her misery brought on by walking into an apartment and shooting someone.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think we should change the subject because this won’t go anywhere worth it.

https://twitter.com/peteralexander/status/1179042978200993792?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Put all rich white people in Southside Chicago since they want to constantly use it as a prop for authoritarianism. But call it SS Chicago since they might be intrigued that way.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Nice two minute hate

Buddy this is America. We got 1440 minute hate on Fox News every day.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hey cole can we have monty

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope the “when does it end” texter loses their job.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

EBB posted:

His Escobar-style prison is gonna be lit af

That’s called the White House

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Unless he’s got a stellar VP, a heart attack would be enough for me to vote for someone else.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

For people who rage against globalization, republicans seem to have no problem outsourcing our intel community to other countries, for the purpose of investigating our own intel agencies.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Flying_Crab posted:

IMO Bernie dropping could almost cement a Warren victory.

Warren is going to turn out to be as electable as Hillary Clinton.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Casimir Radon posted:

NO ONE WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS PURE SAINT BERNIE. GUYS I DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO VOTE NOW.

I’ll vote for a wet paper bag against Trump. That doesn’t mean I’m voting for a good candidate. It just means they clear the extremely tough bar of “not Donald Trump.”

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Are we allowed to be critical of a presidential candidate? Asking for a friend.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i thought he was wearing a white suit for a sec in that clip
Imagine the controversy

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Requesting name change to “out of control fire hose filled with blood” please.

By way of an actual contribution, Facebook looks to be content with disinformation and lying, but only if you’re paying them a lot to publish it.

https://popular.info/p/facebook-says-trump-can-lie-in-his

When I was 14 and played football I took a huge hit to my kidney and bruised the gently caress out of it. Let me tell you about an out of control fire hose filled with blood.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Icon Of Sin posted:

What a Modest Proposal.

If it was written in 2019 everyone would take it as 100% serious.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

Why are these fuckups still pretending that republicans aren’t what they openly say they are

Because that’s life. You’re fighting an unstoppable force with an immovable object, except the immovable object is made of cardboard and just wants you to think it’s strong.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

By the time they get around to actually voting on impeachment, it’ll be so normal to hit up foreign leaders for bribes since he’s doing it on tv/Twitter every day that people will forget what he’s being impeached for and vote no.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

We are getting to the point where I’m going to need to take a break from politics again. So in light of how bummed politics makes me, I have a serious question that will maybe help me get a perspective I don’t have, which is sorely needed:

Why should I honestly believe anything will be done about Donald Trump? What is going on that will make me believe he won’t continue doing whatever the gently caress he wants without recourse until the election? I believe Democrats were stalling on impeachment because they were waiting for the election to solve the problem, and that’s all the effort they actually want to give.

I’m not trying to be snarky or cynical (though I am cynical). These are legitimate questions that I need to ask, and I’m sure someone else needs to hear it as well. I personally don’t think there’s much hope, which is a lovely loving feeling that I would like to shake.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If trump takes down Facebook, Twitter, and Joe Biden before he gets hauled out of the White House in cuffs, i would put him at the top of my “best presidents” list.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

How can we mass organize people to follow trump around and blow a whistle

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

What happened to that dumbass who broke his back on a jump or some poo poo and was like “can’t wait to do summadatgruntshit and jump again!” while he was still healing?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Maybe they were burning the last of FY2018 budget so that they’ll get enough money to have to do this exact same panic spending next year.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Mr. Nice! posted:

Excuse me, i forgot the double hyphen. The president called Mitt Romney an “rear end.”

I’m not reading his tweets but I would be willing to bet $5 that he capitalized rear end. Not because I’m certain but because there’s a legit 50/50 shot I’m right.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

Our revolution will be forks taped to brooms. Pitchforks are pretty rare these days.

Our revolution will be taking pictures of forks taped to brooms and posted on Instagram with the hashtag #ImReadyForTheRevolution before the fork gets put back in the silverware drawer.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Lol I know you are but what am I

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Hexyflexy posted:

I've read a lot of reports from soldiers on exactly how bad that thing is, I'd almost consider it a form of torture to feed that thing to people.

They update the *~*menu*~* every so often I guess and they take things out so I’m thinking they kept it in there as a joke or tradition.

Or blackmail or something. That poo poo is horrible.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

bird food bathtub posted:

Juggalos and Furries, of all people, have been really solidly behind "Nah gently caress Nazis" so welp. somethingawful.com is ending up on the same side as some really strange allies because that's just the kind of poo poo that happens when the simulation glitches and Donald Trump becomes president.

They’re good people, bront.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If you think the long term effects of 9/11 were bad lmaooooo can’t wait for trump to make post-9/11 to be a goddamn utopia. I would fully expect everyone to have to carry citizenship papers regardless of race. Borders? Locked the gently caress down. Cages full of kids? Suddenly empty for all the new brown people we are throwing in them.

It’ll be bad y’all.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Did you expect Mattis to like, actually tell Trump what to do or,

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I don’t think this is really worth getting excited over. This will get tied up in courts and no one will see them before he gets out of office.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

I think it's been well established by now that he doesn't have to comply with this because our system of checks and balances is completely toothless.

He doesn’t have to comply with anything. The accounting firm has to comply. If they don’t, they risk losing licensure which would effectively make them stop existing as an accounting firm.

That said, somehow or another noncompliance will happen and nobody will give a poo poo.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Wait when did Trump become the Emperor of China?

Ask him and I’m sure he will tell you.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

this has also been Israel's entire policy with Trump

When NK starts flinging missiles at actual people Trump is gonna remember the big beautiful letter KJU sent him.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

And that’s that.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

It would’ve been helpful if he had more to say on the subject than “it would be inappropriate for me to say anything about my time with the presidency.” Instead, he just hosed off with his paycheck.

What difference would it make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Victor Vermis posted:

He seemingly prevented this from happening a year ago. Watch any interview with Mattis post-military & pre-appointment. He is very clear about the importance of "being faithful to our allies" (and, in full disclosure, "gently caress Iran").

I don't know what to make of his "honorable" silence post-resignation, and everything went to poo poo anyways, but if he had stuck around and forced the President to fire him over the Kurds things may have been slightly less lovely overall.

I get it. But he isn’t secdef anymore. Anything he says at this point is irrelevant. Maybe it’ll make you feel better for a moment but it’s not going to decrease the chances of the Kurds getting slaughtered.

Tangent, kind of towards you but more in general of how I’ve been feeling lately: all of these tweets and statements and poo poo mean nothing. I’m so loving sick of politicians posting on Twitter like it makes a goddamn difference. The statements that get released about how lovely trump is make no difference.

I wish they would just shut the gently caress up and get to work. Less words, more loving action. Screw a statement, do something of loving substance or gently caress off.

End of my tangent. Again this wasn’t directed towards anyone in particular, this in particular is just what sent me on this tangent. That’s why I don’t care about a statement from Mattis. It’s just words on a paper/screen/however you ingest it. It doesn’t do poo poo meaningful.