Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jeez y'all she got convicted no need to wish further harm on her. Being a cop in jail is probably gonna be pretty loving unbearable, even without the guilt of having murdered an innocent man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I'll be convinced when she doesn't get the minimum sentence, isn't put in the best possible prison conditions, and isn't released the moment parole becomes available.

And what in the world makes you think she feels guilty for a moment? That she cried when she found out she would be punished?

I tend to think that most (almost all) people are capable of empathy, even if it doesn't necessarily shine through all their other personality defects / defense mechanisms. I'm no fan of cops, and certainly think that this sentence was justified, but I always feel a bit uncomfortable when people start celebrating the misery of others. Guess I'm just a big ol' softy.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

Do Flynn next!

Well people on this very board have discussed their love for General Flynn...

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

You're not a softy, you're dangerously naive.

Psychopathy has an incidence rate of less than 1% so I think I'm on pretty firm ground here but thanks for your suggestion!

I guess if you include Borderline Personality Disorder you'd be closer to ~2% but that's still most everyone. Not to mention that people with these conditions may still be able to comprehend or understand empathy, even if they don't act on it.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 1, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

colachute posted:

Buddy this is America. We got 1440 minute hate on Fox News every day.

As long as we're clear about which example you're emulating.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Bored As gently caress posted:

He led a heavily armed faction of largely poor Shia in Baghdad and elsewhere that caused a gently caress ton of trouble for the U.S. and killed a bunch of our guys, and he had a ton of support from Iran. He eventually got with the program either before or during the surge (can't remember now) and realized his best bet was to become a politician, so he leveraged all of his support and to elected to the Iraqi parliament. He's now one of many Iraqi politicians who are either equally loyal to, or more loyal to Iran due to the support they get.

I thought Sadr's primary platform was Iraq for Iraqis free from foreign influence, with specific emphasis on Iran and the USA as unwelcome influences within the country?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hunter also had a seat on the Amtrak board. He also had a direct commission into the US Navy Reserve, requiring an age waiver(he was 43). It also required a second waiver due to a previous drug charge. A month later he pissed hot for coke and was discharged.

He's basically a posterchild for nepotism.

See : any prominent politician's children

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Smiling Jack posted:

nobody cares. nobody cares. nobody loving cares

your average voter absolutely does not give a poo poo or just loves Strong Daddy Trump who is finally telling it like it is, the gop is stuffing barely literate cretins into federal judeships so they're happy, and the Democratic party couldn't manage to win an election if the fate of the country depended on it

I mean there is polling that suggests that the average voter does care about these issues and that this is a very serious and significant impeachment inquiry.

Do whatever you feel like you need to stay healthy. This whole impeachment thing is going to be a shitshow, though that seems pretty appropriate for a process that seeks to remove the elected head of our government.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Wow trump is too toxic for the dumbshit fox news set.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
uhh right...

This definitely feels like a low point for our Foreign Policy under the Trump admin, though its hard to keep track of all the loving winning

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Jesus I knew it was going to get worse but this poo poo is loving depressing. I think I'm gonna take a break from following the national news for a while.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Typically you don't get to fire someone and enforce a non-compete, so I doubt that will be an issue.

edit: huh he resigned. Belay my last.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The whole DoJ needs to be purged

MRC48B posted:

Everyone involved in the dumpster fire that was 2016 should go away forever.

Everyone

This too

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Give up the star, don't destroy GiP. Are you throwing a loving tantrum or something? Quit being a bitch

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
D'oh

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

Isn't this the show that a bunch of posters dismissed as being borderline white supremacist based on commercials alone?

The posters on this website are loving idiots

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Massive handwriting, oh no!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Nice to see the Republican house members hate our national security apparatus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Syrian Lannister posted:

How in the hell does she still have her position?

She's rich as hell! Anyone in a position to say poo poo about her conduct likely wants to stay on her and her massive pile of money's good side.