Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I really liked the part of the trial where they tried to use the castle doctrine to defend the invading murderer instead of the guy eating ice cream in his own place. That part was super loving cool. I get it as a part of the adversarial nature of our court system but holy gently caress that was some brazen bullshittery.

And for every rear end in a top hat bleating about how this will make cops afraid to "do their jobs" now; loving good. They should be afraid of murdering citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Deep state fake news. The leader of Best Korea wrote a very beautiful, novelty over sized letter to Dear Leader. He obviously wants to give up his nukes, it's just the obstructionist democrats getting in the way.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The fun part is we'll be in a recession and an administration full of toadies and yes men will lie about it because truth isn't truth.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Jacob Wohl really needs to fall down a deep, deep hole.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

I CANT FIND THE loving SHOE AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS

I don't see Hillary as a plane so I don't think it's there.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Now people are saying that Biden bragged about getting Ukraine to get some prosecutor fired to stop the investigation? What?

It doesn't make sense because it doesn't need to. Facts and reality are for the pre-escalator world. A good demonstration model here is Russian oligarchic rule with laughably pointless trappings of democracy nobody really believes in. Russian politics don't operate on making sense or seeking consensus of the governed. The surface level operates on bullshit, obfuscation and misinformation while underneath it's intimidation, assassination and control of power.

That is exactly the goal of the GOP now. Kick up a smoke screen with lies, distraction and bullshit until the average person tunes it all out as "just politics" or "too divisive" or whatever excuse satisfies them and then use the power of the state to attack political opposition. They've got the first part down to a science with the right wing media machine fog-horning their bullshit 24/7. The leadership is certainly trying for the second part. So far it seems the country is institutionally resisting the second part but that only lasts through so many purges right up until it doesn't.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Wasn't there stuff floating around about selling our nuclear info/tech to Saudi Arabia? DoE would have been a part of that wouldn't they?

Totally pulling that out of my rear end but hell, I'll take the shot in the dark.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, Republicans are immune to hypocrisy at this point. "My team good, other team bad" is all that matters.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Only part that interests me is how fast they can get this before judges to overcome the multiple insane bullshit justifications the White House legal team comes up with for Trump's stance of "gently caress you make me."

I would like to think that would be a very expedited situation but I'm not optimistic.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

I don’t see the Supreme Court reducing its own power by overturning United States v Nixon.

Probably not, I'm more worried about them vomiting bullshit justifications, stone-walling for months and months every time they come up with another excuse and turning it into another Mueller report arcane legal bickering match that nobody remembers anymore then dragging it out past the elections.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m sick of him calling the media the enemy of the people. That’s the language of petty tyrants.

Pretty on-brand for him then I'd say.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hot Karl Marx posted:

*accursed image*

Jesus gently caress man, NWS that poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nystral posted:

Is this government cheese?

Omellete MRE main course. I guarantee however bad you're thinking it is you need to go further. It was an astonishingly horrible "food".

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Juggalos and Furries, of all people, have been really solidly behind "Nah gently caress Nazis" so welp. somethingawful.com is ending up on the same side as some really strange allies because that's just the kind of poo poo that happens when the simulation glitches and Donald Trump becomes president.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'd be OK with the awkward childhood experience of having an alternate persona thing.

There would be problems when that starts to involve sex. Until they're an adult living on their own then I just wouldn't want to know about it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Obviously the president gets to appoint a supreme court nominee. It says so right in the constitution. How can noted Republican Mitch McConnel possibly gently caress with something so obvious?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just so everyone can hate our capitalist hellscape dystopia that little bit more:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...570535963810775

Jails don't like the pesky and expensive part of locking people up where you take care of those people. Bad for the bottom line, ya know? Medical care in this country is really expensive after all. The answer? "Medical Bond" among other euphemisms. Release them long enough to get the care they need, because when they're "free" it's someone else's cost, then when they're done they get re-arrested and brought back to keep that bed full and the numbers up.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

House just subpoenaed the Pentagon and OMB for documentation on withholding aid from Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-live-updates/2019/10/07/cec4666e-e873-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

How is this any different from all the other subpoenas Trump has used to wipe his rear end after his morning Twitter dump? There's a whoooooooole lot of those so far.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Here's Rubio's former General Counsel and a former Congressional/DOJ staffer with analysis of the letter:

https://twitter.com/greggnunziata/status/1181685021926662144?s=19

Absolutely everything in the White House is done to make Donnie happy and nothing more. The letter is complete nonsense and they're all hoping he survives by being himself.

Well, he's still the President so it's been a winning strategy this far.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Haha you guys just joking when I said Democrats are outlawed. Seriously not literally m i rite?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Every commander in chief fucks the Marines. If that poo poo was true she'd at least be doing it with the fun kind of toys.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He truly is the shrieking Id of his base given form.

"Terrorism? Eh whatever it's over there. Not 'Merucan terrorism, doesn't count. Frenchies and commies probably deserve it anyway."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I truly do not know how Daniel Dale can stare into the abyss as long as he does and not just crack ping his way into some kind of hard drug bender.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hope the loving turtle hates his life every time he picks up the phone and it's the doughy poo poo sack on the other end. Won't be even close to enough punishment but it's a start.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

loving gold mine in there.

quote:

In an effort to channel some of Trump's frustrations, campaign aides have scheduled a spate of campaign rallies over the next week, including one in Minnesota on Thursday and in Louisiana on Friday.

Baby needs his binky or he'll make a sad.

quote:

In private, Trump has vacillated between telling confidantes the impeachment effort will benefit him politically to complaining it will stain his legacy. As Trump reflexively reacts to each development, many Republican lawmakers and others who the White House relies upon to defend the President have gone silent.

Oh word you lashed yourself to the SS Narcissist and now there's no lifeboats on the ship? Get hosed, all of you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
loving hell, something got Rudy "ARE YOU THE PERSON I TELL ABOUT THE CRIMES?" Gulianni to shut up and refuse to comment?

....wow.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Is this what Infrastructure Week feels like?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

colachute posted:

I wish I could write the rules

Writing the rules is little people stuff. The 1%'s lawyers and accountants do the actual writing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A legion of Heritage Foundation approved morons granted lifetime appointments in the judiciary is the most damaging thing Trump has done in his entire Presidency

I don't even give Trump credit for that. That's entirely Turtle McFuckerstein's doing. He even says the Senate is a legislative graveyard, loudly and publicly. They give no fucks about doing anything right now, they're busy setting the country and it's legislation up to be controlled for the next thirty or forty years by the Republican party's un-elected and unstoppable judicial branch veto. The endless court based repeal efforts for the Affordable Care Act? Mother fucker you ain't seen *poo poo* yet.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm not gonna blame a single person when neighborhoods start saying they're police no-go zones and they'll take care of their own. I know Fox will poo poo itself in fury so whatever. If you're not a racist MAGA CHUD fucker it's completely understandable that they would want to not be murdered on the regular and I'm not seeing many better options.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pretty sure it's a joke guys, explained at this link.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pretty sure daddy dearest gave him the clearance anyway, he just had to amend his SF87 like fourteen times because he kept being asked about his crimes forgetting all the complex financial instruments he was involved in.

Which, ya know, that's totally cool to do and stuff. Not like you can get denied for amending that form too often because it's suspicious as all gently caress but hey rules are for little people.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

:siren::siren:THE TURKS ARE ROLLING ACROSS THE BORDER BECAUSE TRUMP GAVE THEM PERMISSION :siren::siren:

Just heard on NPR that Kurds are throwing their lot in with Assad, deal struck with him.

Edit: Here's CNN on it: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/14/middleeast/syria-turkey-kurds-civilians-isis-intl-hnk/index.html

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6094915136001

Some irish grandad pre-recorded a message to troll his own funeral like an absolute champion

Seems to be region locked, can't get the video to play.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FrozenVent posted:

What a loving idiot. Christ almighty how the gently caress did no one tell him this was a bad loving idea?

Because Bigly Strong Daddy has no bad ideas and if you say so you're fired via Twitter and unpersoned.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
He also knows how to play Donnie Goodbrain like a fiddle and get everything he wants, so why waste time with the lackeys?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Wtf is this "crack ping" thing all you jabronis keep saying??

It's the sound your brain makes when introduced to Donnie Goodbrain's latest Twitter-making GBS threads. Something goes "crack" and then pings off the wall.

(It's actually a meme from somewhere that got brought over to a different subforum here or something but, eh, just roll with it.)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's amazing how someone can take being 100% bitch-made loser that got rolled into gave up every single last thing in negotiations and spin it to gullible rubes that they're some kind of manly man's man alpha jock leader. Erdogan is literally throwing his letters in the trash because he rightly understands how completely spineless and brainless Donnie Dumbfuck is.

.....and it means absolutely nothing to his supporters because state run propaganda on the home front just keeps them all convinced that there are five lights and we've always been at war with Eurasia.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
"When the president does it, it's not illegal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

They're better equipped and outfitted than most militaries.

Overhead is lower when you don't have to use lobbyists and a political process to disguise that your purpose is to protect the monied interests.