Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

Michigan Flynn

please keep this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

facialimpediment posted:

I sentence Michael Flynn to

FOUR YEARS IN GRAND RAPIDS

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"whiskey and cocaine will melt your brain" - PSA Narrator, v/o freeze frame of rudy just having threatened to sue a swamp via text message

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr. Nice! posted:

US manufacturing and agricultural sectors are already in a recession and it continues to get worse.

yeah I saw a headline yesterday that was like"stocks slump on worst manufacturing data in a decade"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange bitch should turn on his monitor

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Wasabi the J posted:

So what's this mean if I got a house and I want to get a home improvement loan?

Well, the loan offer will be calculated against the value of the house, which is presumably inflated right now. That doesn't mean you take all of it of course, but a) the interest rate on it is probably gonna be real competitive and b) a reduction in the value of your house might cause the bank to get weird about collateral, if your mortgage is still more than what the house gets devalued to.

If you plan on selling it's best to do it as fast as you can, I guess.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slim Pickens posted:

A coworker says his dad had stents put in and went back to work the next day, feeling way better once they were put in. If he quits, it'd be for optics, not health probably?

granted a stent placement is generally something that doesn't require much convalescing afterwards, but a presidential campaign is by all accounts insanely taxing on a person.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

colachute posted:

Are we allowed to be critical of a presidential candidate? Asking for a friend.

sure, just don't get all weepy when someone points out it's hard to call a 30-year veteran of congress and the senate a revolutionary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DAS Super! posted:

If there was only a vast swath of untapped voters...

if only they showed up in the primary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McNally posted:

It's because someone beat you to it, not because I'm a mod.

Neither, they reported someone for showing that they had Professor Bling on ignore.

lol did they take the whole "don't post about posters" poo poo to heart

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Suicide Watch posted:

Doesn't this harm his golf course in Scotland?

funny news about that today

they denied permission for him to expand that golf course

https://twitter.com/TheScotsman/status/1179504734400651264?s=19

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That Works posted:

Minutes before the tarrif announcement?

Looks pretty close.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I guess it's just barely possible that they might vote their conscience on an open and shut case of seeking foreign intervention, but I'll believe that when I see it

???

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Institute for the Study of War (ISW) has a new podcast. Their newsletter is really good, too.

Link to their podcast:

http://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/isws-overwatch-podcast-series

what's the gorka ratio on this pod

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bored As gently caress posted:

0?

They have actual academics and experts in their fields, who do actual research, as opposed to assholes with fake degrees, lovely facial hair, and mid life crisis mobiles with horrendous vanity plates.

That's cool as hell then, thanks for posting it!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Milo and POTUS posted:

So I know a coherent answer is almost certainly off the table but what exactly is Trump suggesting Trump and Son did?

e: I meant Biden but you know what, I'll let it stand.

basically he's claiming Hunter Biden used the family name and daddy's influence to get on the board of a Ukrainian energy company and also a Chinese hedge fund. The Ukrainian company had some corruption poo poo going on but the prosecutor was also corrupt and got removed after basically everyone including the GOP demanded it.

Biden by that time had been on the house counsel for MBNA for like idk 5 years, gotten into hedge fund management and lobbying after that, and was part of a broader effort by Burisima (the Ukrainian company) to draw high profile Westerners to their advisory board with a focus on transparency and good PR. Biden's lobbying chops and family name would of course fit well for that but it looks gross because Joe was VP at the time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Hunter also had a seat on the Amtrak board. He also had a direct commission into the US Navy Reserve, requiring an age waiver(he was 43). It also required a second waiver due to a previous drug charge. A month later he pissed hot for coke and was discharged.

He's basically a posterchild for nepotism.

Yeah he's more or less the bumbling junkie of the family but raked in millions by virtue of being a Biden. Presumably he'd still be rich as hell with a Yale law degree, just not as rich.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

so uh

'bout those crimes

E: also lol that they're using the Agency font from Freelancer.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Oh are we allowed to post images of horror from beyond sanity?

nice hiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

oh that's the vietnam era 4 fingers of death one

was that the one that came with the .410 shotgun/flaregun?