Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

congratulations to game of the month Luigi's Mansion 3
That's not Disco Elysium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

And now they're totally catering to incel Neo-Nazis because clearly it is the transwomen who are wrong.

TERFs are dumb as gently caress, lesbian ones even more so.

It’s bizarre to try to sell to 4chan nerds. They always just leave lovely reviews after letting the game idle for a few minutes and then refund it. They only ever actually buy games made by other right wingers.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit:

I'm honestly not sure what I"m gonna do this month regarding Halloween. It's kinda always just passes. gently caress Inktober tho, bunch of rear end in a top hat artists come out the woodwork and are up their rear end when it comes to the "rules" of it.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 1, 2019

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Other than Destiny 2 I'm really looking forward to Crossniq+ coming out this week! I love a good arcade puzzle game and the look of it is great.

https://twitter.com/crossniq/status/1178725756387639299

Also I'll have you know that Devil May Cry 2 is already out on Switch, I should know I played a lot of it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

can't believe geoff is about to be killed by anita sarkeesian's car

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Y2K, huh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

so i've been playing some stuff on my new PS4, here are my instant reactions:

Tetris Effect VR: woah
Superhot VR: holy poo poo i feel like a badass
Shadow of the Colossus remake: very pretty
Bloodborne: i am sorry i can't get into these games.

i kinda feel bad, honestly. at different times I've bought Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and now Bloodborne, each time I go in to a bunch of hype from the broader internet as well as my cousin, who loves and is very good at these games, and i just can't get into it. It feels slow and unwieldy and obtuse and honestly kinda ugly, it's lots of browns and grotesque things and it's just decidedly not my bag. Do i suck and should keep at it, or should i just give up and say its not for me and move on to GoW or Spider-Man?

(now that it's Spooktober i would normally be starting up a replay of Bioshock but i think this year i'm gonna play through The Last of Us since I've got a PS4 now, but i'm gonna wait until I work later this week because I'm gonna play it on the big screen to really bring it all home)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

no sense in being miserable for 30 hours if you're miserable for the first couple of hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Play what you enjoy

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
help i reinstalled slay the spire now i'm trapped help

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It's ok to drop it if ain't your bag. If it don't click, it don't click.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Relax Or DIE posted:

help i reinstalled slay the spire now i'm trapped help

The 4th character is a lot more fun on the newest build. Enroll in the open beta and you can play it now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I think it has to do with that horny AI adventure game.

Which?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899320

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I was thinking about getting back into Slay the Spire... but Dicey Dungeons is even fresher and newer

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

To cross post from another thread:

It’s very wild to me that there’s a bunch of very twee anime watching lesbians who also react violently when you say, “Trans rights!” as if they aren’t just people whose asses could easily be kicked.

I can understand being made uncomfortable or disagreeing with modern pro trans discourse, but what a hill to die on.

Heartbeat was on the top sellers though, so doesn't exactly seem to have hurt them much.

Thought that might be the case. Good thing no games I'm even vaguely interested in other than Atelier are coming out this month, I can look at some older games now.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 1, 2019

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Propaganda Hour posted:

The 4th character is a lot more fun on the newest build. Enroll in the open beta and you can play it now.

I did! Without going into boring detail, I played 8-10 hours of it several months ago and thought it was good but was not what I needed at the time. Now I'm ready for it and it's a struggle to just not keeping playing. I'm here tempted to go get into bed and buy it on the Switch.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was thinking about getting back into Slay the Spire... but Dicey Dungeons is even fresher and newer

I like Dicey a lot too. It feels like it won't have the staying power of StS and it's easier to get totally blown up by just straight-up bad luck.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres an anime coming out soon about a noir detective with a gun for a head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBjBrM1AOE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired: Gun for a Head

Wired: MOTHER loving CHAINSAWS FOR HEAD AND ARMS THAT YOU CAN USE TO MURDER SICK rear end DEMONS FROM HELL

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it's a lot worse though

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reader beware! You choose the scare!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Play what you enjoy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
All these new and exciting games coming out and I choose to play loving Runescape, and later in the month Archeage.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DC Murderverse posted:

so i've been playing some stuff on my new PS4, here are my instant reactions:

Tetris Effect VR: woah
Superhot VR: holy poo poo i feel like a badass
Shadow of the Colossus remake: very pretty
Bloodborne: i am sorry i can't get into these games.

i kinda feel bad, honestly. at different times I've bought Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and now Bloodborne, each time I go in to a bunch of hype from the broader internet as well as my cousin, who loves and is very good at these games, and i just can't get into it. It feels slow and unwieldy and obtuse and honestly kinda ugly, it's lots of browns and grotesque things and it's just decidedly not my bag. Do i suck and should keep at it, or should i just give up and say its not for me and move on to GoW or Spider-Man?

I got further in Bloodborne than any out Souls game but I've never finished one. I agree with you about the aesthetics, I find them to be very ugly games that become kind of exhausting to look at after awhile. The new GoW and Spider-Man are very colorful however. Horizon Zero Dawn is another amazing game to look at.

May 8, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Reader beware! You choose the scare!

For my scare I choose: a world where Kirby never existed

May 8, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

All these new and exciting games coming out and I choose to play loving Runescape, and later in the month Archeage.

Internet Kraken, we don't really know each other, but please know that it comes from a place of sincere concern and well wishing when I say that you need to make better choices here

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Another month has come and gone and I’m still making my way through the ff14 story

It’s good! I’m still on stormblood!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/KinoKreations/status/1178808045754675200?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cuntellectual posted:

I can understand being made uncomfortable or disagreeing with modern pro trans discourse

:frogon:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Life sucks have a meme

https://twitter.com/attris/status/1178950634529120256

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs gently caress terfs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TERF is probably an outdated term now as most of these people aren't feminists, either.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just call transphobes transphobes, yo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All terfs are transphobes but not all transphobes are terfs, I guess

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Feminism Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Good month, gonna get John Wick, Disco Elysium and Outer Worlds

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I think encouraging people without the financial means to transition in a way they find satisfactory is irresponsible, as is the downplaying of the risks involved in things like SRS and breast implants, as a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Cuntellectual posted:

I think encouraging people without the financial means to transition in a way they find satisfactory is irresponsible

Your thought is wrong.