Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I finished up nethergate resurrection, ending was kinda bleh but I enjoyed it up until then

Next game I tackle is either gonna be avernum 6, avadon 1, or teslagrad. Or maybe not any of those. I'll figure it out eventually.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I imagine if you don't like anime stuff then code vein will bug you a lot regardless of how much you like souls style stuff and souls style anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Semi-related but souls games should be sassier sometimes. One of the most memorable moments for me playing through king's field 3 was when my amulet that tells you about npcs you use it on tells me about how annoyed it is by this ghost bride who keeps sticking around and won't pass on and that she's just kind of annoying.

e: everybody post your favorite Sassy Souls momentS.

Basically post why Shalquoir owns

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 2, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:( Oh no

Their games were so good and charming too. I hope Nintendo is able to do something about it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did they put out a remake of 2? I know they remade 1 and 3 but I feel like most of what they were doing these past few years has been working on remakes. Did anyone here buy any of the remakes? How were the bonus side stories?

Also, blitties are amazing and the final boss music in Bowser's Inside Story is so good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Tag yourself

Kerrzhe posted:

oh hell yeah.

in response to feedback in the beta, Planet Zoo devs are introducing an offline version of the Franchise Mode (a mode where there's no story or scenarios, but you are still limited by money, research, etc. as opposed to career or sandbox modes). it will still have the challenge of zoo management without having to deal with server issues or trying to buy overpriced animals off the market from other players.

this is very refreshing to hear in the age of always-online bullshit and devs that refuse to make big changes to their precious games.

Have the planet zoo devs mentioned anything about having a dinosaur expansion pack or is that probably just not gonna happen because of the jurassic park game they made?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When's Quicksilver

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm still not exactly sure how you build a 'destiny-style' game with brawler mechanics unless all the avengers are going to get guns

how is loot even going to work

They already did random loot in previous marvel games like x-men legends, marvel ultimate alliance, and marvel avengers or whatever the diablo-like was called

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When I grow up, I wanna be a butzball

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Lisa is fantastic, the base game at least.

Hell yeah it is

Well, most of it is at least

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mr E posted:

I decided to play Shadow Hearts, Illbleed, and Pathologic 2 for spooky month. Shadow Hearts is still good and Illbleed is still weird and very Dreamcast. I haven't played much of Pathologic 2 but I absolutely love the atmosphere and music and can tell a lot of the people I'm talking to aren't going to make it.

You should consider Koudelka if you're up for a weird mishmash of flawed gameplay with very good or at least very interesting everything else.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
When it comes to knight bosses, do you prefer knights whose movesets are similar to what a player can do or knights whose movesets are very clearly supernatural and above and beyond what the player is capable of?

Like, comparing someone like Havel, Garl Vinland, or the dark souls 2 gank squad with bosses like Artorias, Lost Sinner, Alonne, or Lady Maria

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 6, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Freeing cheetah from the phantom zone

e: or not??? Weird, SA was saying cheetah had a phantom post

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i loved her late 90’s hit “bathbeating”

They punch me to the floor
And then I push myself back on my feet
I'm not staying flat on the floor

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you ever watch gameplay of super mario 64 randomizer? That poo poo's kinda crazy, I'm surprised how decently people run it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hi Regy Rusty, how are you doing tonight?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am watching videos online and reading one of the world of darkness books. Do you have any books or know of any vids you think you could read/watch to entertain yourself with?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Oooooh, which?

Promethean. I've been reading through and it's just amazing how much I relate to Promethean.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh huh, not what I expected! Is that a fiction book or you mean the rulebook? Promethean definitely have a cool angle.

I love WOD and all the various supplements, I haven't played a promethean but I played a vampire in a game where a friend was a promethean, very cool character.

I've also read a few of the V:TM fiction books but not any for other factions.

The source books mainly. Or rather, the stuff people have copied online. Not like pdfs but stuff like the fatal & friends rundowns.

Everything about Promethean is extremely me. A being of flesh given the power of life without having a soul, the entirety of reality rejecting you, feeling like you are a blight and seeing physical manifestations of the negative effects you cause just by existing, being ugly (well the galateans aren't specifically ugly but I don't identify with them so), and otherwise just feeling like a complete and utter monster whose only real options are to give up entirely or to keep trudging along on the pilgrimage in hopes of one day becoming what you can satisfyingly call a human being, something that is not inherently and objectively a broken sack of flesh given human form.

Barudak posted:

Ah poo poo, yeah Mage is fun too.

Basically just whatever you do dont read Changeling and absolutely 100% do not even touch a copy of Beast

What's wrong with Changeling? I've heard that Changeling is really good albeit also very depressing in how it successfully captures the essence of being a victim of abuse. Though I've heard that old Changeling is definitely something to be avoided but I don't know why.

I know what I've read of and heard from others about Beast that it is an interesting elevator pitch applied to the concept of "what if abuse victims were deserving, what if the abusers are really just doing the right thing, and what if those who oppose abuse are the real bad guys, all while every other monster likes you because they think you're cool." Which is a shame because when I first ever heard about Beast, I thought it was going to be like "you are a boogeyman" kind of thing, a creature who must feast on fear, but not let that cause too much trouble lest you start creating dream warriors of sorts to fight you back and potentially destroy your nightmare self, so a balancing act between being the monster in the closer/under the bed/at the end of the book and needing to maintain your humanity and find "positive" ways to inflict fear like by scaring people away from dangerous places for their protection or something. I dunno.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I, what?

Wow.

What exactly was the interesting part...?

The key phrase was "elevator pitch"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I also remember some people saying that despite how much of a trainwreck it should have been, the geist holocaust book ended up decent

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm never gonna play ff14 but I am glad that the alexander raid brought back alexander's inverse/alternate/opposite/whatever the word is, Ark.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish FF13 had used Ark since they were going with the whole transformer motif

Dad Jokes posted:

Very cute & silly game, but hoo boy do some of the challenge levels have random insane difficulty spikes. Precision aiming and goofy physics do not mix well at all.

That's what caused me to stop playing Omnibus. Omnibus was fun but at some point it stopped being funny and interesting and just became an exercise in frustration due to the rear end in a top hat physics not being designed for some of the precision they were expecting me to pull off.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's the one shakespeare work about a dude feeding a person a pie made of their own kid

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

King thought it was a good ending.

Whether king thinks something is good or not isn't a good litmus test :v:

exquisite tea posted:

That's Titus Andronicus. The 2000 movie with Anthony Hopkins is probably the best film adaptation of a Shakespeare play ever made.

I'm partial to Romeo + Juliet for how silly yet accurate it is and that's honestly my favorite adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. I've heard that Coriolanus is a really good adaptation too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just remembered there was a disney channel original movie adaptation of Twelfth Night but it was about a boy motocross racer injuring himself so his sister filled in for him by wearing the same helmet and outfit so nobody would be able to tell it wasn't him. I think it was called motocrossed or something with crossed in the title because crossdressing.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I think the mist live action ending is not a good ending in the same way that the film remember me's ending was silly because it seems more of like a "hah gotcha" kinda thing. There are plenty of movies that do that, come to think of it, and there are only a few times I can think of where the film going "gotcha" with what is happening worked 100% in its favor. Though the ending for The Mist isn't like objectively terrible or anything, it's just a preference thing and I think it comes across as more silly and trying too hard to be shocking.

A similar ending that I like is shaun of the dead's ending which showed just how much of the movie was the result of a fuckup that didn't need to happen, but I like it there because it feels like less of an attempt to shock people and more of a natural exploration of the poor decision making.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are some good uses for microtransactions

Like, specifically uses that are clearly not just original content lopped off or just nickel and diming people to be able to be better at the game but I don't mind costumes and stuff if it is a game that is either free that makes its money off of aesthetic stuff or if it is a game that is being supported for a long time after its initial release

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
From Software hd king's field series remaster when

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

King's field is too old and clunky, most people wouldn't like it. It'd have to be a full remake with souls combat in the king's field locations.

All they'd need to do is include an autosave function imo.

There is definitely a market for the kind of game King's Field is and that market is "some jackass on SA who will never forget King's Field"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
For those who played bloodborne, what did you do with Ludwig after defeating him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

i told him he's a good boy and not to worry about all the stupid poo poo he started

Did he start it? I know he was one of the first hunters but I thought the blood stuff was a thing before him.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Shoguy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I kinda doubt it'll happen but I hope the villagers in new animal crossing will have more dialogue. That's always been the thing that got me in the end, they had personalities but there wasn't much to actually do in terms of interacting with them that made them any different from any other villager of the same personality type. A lot of my favorite villagers ended up being whoever looked the best or whoever was the nicest and even then I just didn't have any real memorable interactions with any of them.

I know it isn't feasible to have them be anywhere near as diversified as the kinds of villagers you'd find in a harvest moon or hm-like game, but I can dream dammit.

Bob still owns though. Also I am convinced that Zell is gay as hell and that owns too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

FAK youll have to adjust to bi Zell because of an obscure quest that basically nobody without a guide ever did

Both Animal Crossing Zell and FF8 Zell are good but for different reasons.