Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

I always get bummed about the Sunday night show because I can't stay up to watching the whole thing.

I can’t watch the Sunday show because of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Who Can Kill a Child?

(Rated R for creepy sex stuff)Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

The Seventh Curse

(Rated R for sex, nudity and gore)Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

The Hitchhiker

and finally...

Friday the 13th: The Series

Be there!

We are live in 30! (on twitch for the first feature due to technical issues

Join the Discord!

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

I’ve got my pizza ready! Thanks Lurdiak!

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Last night's stream was nuts. Who Can Kill a Child opens with about ten minutes of real footage of children suffering in wars, concentration camps, and famines, and it's really horrible. The movie itself has some pretty nutso moments, and by the end I think we were all just about recovered from the trauma of the opening scenes, just in time for the completely gonzo Indiana Jones adventure horror that is Seventh Curse.

As always, thanks to Lurdiak for putting it together.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Someone should have cut an hour out of Who Can Kill A Child, even if completely at random.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Saint Freak posted:

Someone should have cut an hour out of Who Can Kill A Child, even if completely at random.

Yeah, it would have been much better as an anthology segment.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Saint Freak posted:

Considering that like 90% of the film is slowly ambling from place to place in complete silence, I doubt randomly removing an hour's worth of chunks from that movie would even be noticeable plotwise.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think the movie would've been received a lot better if it didn't open with actual children dying and being herded into camps.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I think the movie would've been received a lot better if it didn't open with actual children dying and being herded into camps.

Should have made it a double feature with Salo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I thought for sure a twist was coming where the husband knew about and/or was allied with the kids for some reason and that's why he was denying everything and hiding evidence. But no he's just king dummy in a genre where the bar for protagonist smarts is already really low

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A longform Loss.jpg.

I might have missed parts of 7th Curse but it was one of the best movies we've ever watched.

smitster
Apr 9, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Last night's Stream was the first I've ever watched, after meaning to for two years. Thanks for putting it together, lotsa fun! And yeah. Seventh Curse was bonkers. Loved it.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Who Can Kill a Child? Tom Can Kill a Child; After the First One the Rest Are Easy

e: I kinda blanked early on but I kinda remember the wife basically calling abortion murder? Or was that just in response to him being pushy for an abortion when she didn't want one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

She used the word "kill" in reference to a past argument about aborting the baby, but it was a segue from talking about a movie where a man shoots his kids in the head, not really a stridently pro-life argument.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Jet needs to add some of those gifs in here. He's a stream treasure, documenting the history of the Scream Stream that will be known for years to come.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Jet needs to add some of those gifs in here. He's a stream treasure, documenting the history of the Scream Stream that will be known for years to come.

I was planning on posting a summary album at the end. Patience.

Fine, you can have a few.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I love that scene so much.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Hey everyone, there is going to be B-B-B-BONUS PIZZA contest this weekend. Myself and at least one other person are going to do a chili cook off, with the winner chili to be judged by the man himself, Lurdiak. Entries must be submitted by Saturday night. Winner will receive a pizza from me, using the same method Lurdiak does, that following Sunday. Given that Lurdiak is a Canadian, I assume the chili should be made out of an Indigenous Peoples’ Tears Broth, covered in gravy and cheese curds, with a chicken cordon bleu trying to declare independence from the pot. You do you, though, boo!

Edit: oh yeah, to be judged, post your entry with recipe and a pic or two into the recipe channel of the discord chat.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fr0id posted:

Hey everyone, there is going to be B-B-B-BONUS PIZZA contest this weekend. Myself and at least one other person are going to do a chili cook off, with the winner chili to be judged by the man himself, Lurdiak. Entries must be submitted by Saturday night. Winner will receive a pizza from me, using the same method Lurdiak does, that following Sunday. Given that Lurdiak is a Canadian, I assume the chili should be made out of an Indigenous Peoples’ Tears Broth, covered in gravy and cheese curds, with a chicken cordon bleu trying to declare independence from the pot. You do you, though, boo!

Edit: oh yeah, to be judged, post your entry with recipe and a pic or two into the recipe channel of the discord chat.

We gon' get spoopy with some chili, my friend.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat that sounds fun! And I wish I were free this weekend for it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Scream Stream this weekend. New job has me scheduled.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

M_Sinistrari posted:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Scream Stream this weekend. New job has me scheduled.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I know, I know. But I get to see free movies at the show.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are..

Viy, aka The Spirit of Evil

(Rated.... G? That can't be right. These certifications are pointless.) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Mystics in Bali

(Rated NC-16 for mild gore and disturbing imagery) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

The Hitchhiker

and finally...

Be there!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Viy is such a great movie . It’s got a short run time and the beginning can seem slow, but hang in there, the ending is great payoff

I haven’t seen the second movie but I’m liking this line up

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Can't watch tonight, kinda bummed I'm missing Mystics in Bali - seen it reviewed online a couple of places and it looks nuts.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I totally forgot to mention, tonight's your chance to win...

So tune in!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are..

Viy, aka The Spirit of Evil

(Rated.... G? That can't be right. These certifications are pointless.) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Mystics in Bali

(Rated NC-16 for mild gore and disturbing imagery) Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

The Hitchhiker

and finally...

Be there!

We are live in 30!

Join the Discord!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

New signature material.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just a reminder that tonight's movie Viy, is the movie of the month!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:thunk:

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hitchhiker is so bad.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Thanks to the chat I just listened to all 7 versions of The Monster gently caress. Still can't pick my favorite.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

weekly font posted:

Thanks to the chat I just listened to all 7 versions of The Monster gently caress. Still can't pick my favorite.

I think Scaroline breaking in Part 2 seals it for me.

Namirsolo
Jan 20, 2009

Like that, babe?

weekly font posted:

I think every year gets progressively better.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Timby posted:

I think Scaroline breaking in Part 2 seals it for me.

rip scaroline

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

weekly font posted:

:allears:

Now go listen to the episode where Andy Daly commits mass character suicide by having like a dozen of his characters jump out of a first floor window. It's amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Eyes Without A Face

(Rated 16+ for frightening scenes and moderate violence)Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

and...

Killer Condom

(Rated 18+ for violence, sexual content, profanity and excessive sleaze)Parental Guide information, may contain spoilers

followed by...

The Hitchhiker

and finally...

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Mods, rename me Excessive Sleaze