Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fall has begun and the scary season is upon us...shorter days, longer nights, survival horror and walking sims, tis the season. whats on everyone's plate for the scary month? im gonna start playing the Shadow Hearts games, i really like koudelka even though it was pretty rough and im curious to see how they expand it. maybe Ill try a Fatal Frame game too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thread Theme Song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53aDI5K49F4

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

holiday gaming this year is going to be the RE4 hedge maze for my drat wallet.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fortnute br halloween special, apex legends Halloween premium outfit event, destiny 2 Halloween event, gears 5 sensual Dom Zombie space marine limited costume in gears 5 br mode, rdr2 online All cuckless Eve in New Assholvania event where your horses testicles (expanding) are replaced by jackolanterns (
You get 2 initial jacklantern face drops but more can be earned in game randomly when you stumble over a log or by spending premium buckaroo bucks)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Fortnute br halloween special, apex legends Halloween premium outfit event, destiny 2 Halloween event, gears 5 sensual Dom Zombie space marine limited costume in gears 5 br mode, rdr2 online All cuckless Eve in New Assholvania event where your horses testicles (expanding) are replaced by jackolanterns (
You get 2 initial jacklantern face drops but more can be earned in game randomly when you stumble over a log or by spending premium buckaroo bucks)

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

remember to use all of your horse jackofflanterns, they begin to rot at the end of the month (realistically)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lkfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Motherfuckin October Scary gaming lets GO. hell yes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think I’ve said in each iteration of this thread for the last 3 years that this October I’ll finally put some real time into Darkest Dungeon and Alien: Isolation, but I’ve been on a big horror kick recently even though I’ve never really been into the genre previously so I think 2019 might be the year I actually do it. I also have Observer_ and SOMA for scary walking sims to get to.

If anyone knows any cool ghost or demon-themed horror games give me a tip, looks like all I’ve got is sci-fi horror, which is cool but I’ve been in a ghostly mood after watching a few movies about evil spirits the past couple days

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Getting real Stardew Valley moods with the leaves changing so maybe start a new file in that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I think I’ve said in each iteration of this thread for the last 3 years that this October I’ll finally put some real time into Darkest Dungeon and Alien: Isolation, but I’ve been on a big horror kick recently even though I’ve never really been into the genre previously so I think 2019 might be the year I actually do it. I also have Observer_ and SOMA for scary walking sims to get to.

If anyone knows any cool ghost or demon-themed horror games give me a tip, looks like all I’ve got is sci-fi horror, which is cool but I’ve been in a ghostly mood after watching a few movies about evil spirits the past couple days

https://store.steampowered.com/app/356670/Spookys_Jump_Scare_Mansion/

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Im going to play motherfuckin uhhhhhh resident evil 5 maybe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
best time of the year for a gamer

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

lmao

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
oh dude.. ever since china reversed its ban on western holidays/jackolanterns, the gacha games are fuckin FIRE this time of year. i mean honestly, like i didnt already have enough witch and devil costumes for the girls, right? fuckin mobile gamer feels right there lol. barely got time to grind out the oktoberfest waifus before theyre steamrolling ya with sexy mummy girls, you know?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably gonna replay RE2 and try to beat all the special modes

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Getting real Stardew Valley moods with the leaves changing so maybe start a new file in that

hmm this is a good idea..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

It's October, which means it's time for my yearly attempt at playing/completing Silent Hill 2. My estimation is that I'll get a solid 40 minutes of gameplay in this year, broken up into four separate attempts, of course.

Horror games are simultaneously my favorite and the thing that I absolutely can't stand playing. I love horror movies, but they don't get to me at all. Meanwhile, I'm shrieking in terror after 10 minutes of Silent Hill 1. I still haven't finished Claire B in REmake 2, and I have a half-finished playthrough of REmake 1. But now I have re-re-re-repurchased it and RE4 on Switch, so I might restart on Switch, since I game way more in handheld mode.

Outside of pure survival horror, I'd like to get on some thematic vibes gameplay. Maybe something like SMT Nocturne, which I have on PS3, just have to hook it up. I did start a Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow run earlier this year, and it might be time to revisit that.

october gaming hoiiiiiiiiiipe

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

shadow hearts is real good op

maybe i'll finally try to play blood omen after i play evil within 2 and the second run of RE2

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

im clicking the store button but nothings happening???

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Thank You

FactsAreUseless posted:

Maybe I’ll do that too, that game does such a great job evoking each season

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Thinking of trying out that Observation game, seems pretty spooky

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTN93XKHV7E

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Gonna finally play and finish Alien Isolation this month too. I have gotten an hour or two in a few times but I've never even met the alien, I just get scared by the luggage carousel or something and check my phone for an hour.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Absolutely terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6S6-coF1E

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i always forget about that part until someone mentions it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Shilling Soma this year as per usual.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Shilling Soma this year as per usual.

That’s a good game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Gonna finally play and finish Alien Isolation this month too. I have gotten an hour or two in a few times but I've never even met the alien, I just get scared by the luggage carousel or something and check my phone for an hour.

It’s such a good game

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s such a good game

Very excited to play it in 10 min bursts. I love Alien so much even the bad ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008