Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1181301310710325248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

at first I read this as "Sterling Shepard's back is in the concussion protocol" :hmmyes:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ben Watson cut.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The NFL feels more top heavy this year, with very few middling teams that could make a wild card run.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

seiferguy posted:

The NFL feels more top heavy this year, with very few middling teams that could make a wild card run.

I feel like I can make a reasonable argument that the following teams could make the playoffs right now:

East:
Patriots
Bills

North:
Ravens
Browns

South:
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans

West:
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants

North:
Packers
Vikings
bears
Lions

South:
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

West:
Seahawks
49ers
Rams

I mean there are definitely some long shots in that group but that's still a good group of folks with their playoff hopes alive.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
E: ^ Yeah

seiferguy posted:

Colts beat the undefeated Chiefs last night on the road. The NFC West has 3 teams that have reasonably shown themselves to be in the top 10 of the league. The Bills have only lost to the lone remaining undefeated team in the AFC. Also, it's week 5. It's not about how anyone is playing now, but how they'll play in December and beyond.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Maybe in actual terms, but in record half the teams in the league are either 2-3 or 3-2. If teams can be either 0-5, 1-4, 2-3, 3-2, 4-1 or 5-0 then logically 2/5ths of teams should have those records rather than 1/2

thats probably how math works anyways

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's not.

Also, the difference between 2/5 and 1/2 in the NFL is three teams. It's not a huge difference.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spoeank posted:

The season tickets are accessible through the app and via using a ticketed credential thing that (surprise) doesn't loving work.

You're operating under the assumption that the 49ers are a well-run organization and not the worst instincts of nfl owners colliding headlong into the worst instincts of silicon valley shitheads

Nothing against younger 49ers fans but y'all are still burning off DeBartolo karma

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strobe posted:

It's not.

Also, the difference between 2/5 and 1/2 in the NFL is three teams. It's not a huge difference.

That's ~ten percent of the NFL!! my maths are flawless

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Is it possible for all those teams to go 0-16? What's the theoretical maximum on that clown car scenario? How many teams can go 0-16 in the same season? Let's do it binches

Max here is 2: The Bengals and Washington if they lose to the Dolphins and Jets.

Theoretically, you could have 4 - 2 per conference in divisions that don't play each other. If the Saints and Chiefs were winless this year, they could join the Bengals and Washington at 0-16.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Dolphins sure picked a bad year to intentionally tank 'cuz it looks like there's teams out there who are tanking without even trying.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I dont think the Bills are that good, but their schedule is amazing so them making the playoffs can happen.

They lose in the playoffs by 47 points.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Mickey Loomis is probably already on the phone.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I get that the 49ers ownership sucks but you really need to open your eyes. The monopoly set up of the NFL combined with the "self made billionaire" mindset of every owner, especially the ones that inherited everything, makes absolute incompetence the norm for these things. The only real outlier I can think of is Dan Snyder. That dude is next level.

I'll have you know that the Texans and Seahawks both have good billionaire owners [spoiler]in that they're dead[/spoiler

Athanatos posted:

I dont think the Bills are that good, but their schedule is amazing so them making the playoffs can happen.

They lose in the playoffs by 47 points.

I'm gonna say it. The Bills are good! Their defense is stifling and Josh Allen is beefy enough to win them games. I've been impressed.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

LabyaMynora posted:

The Dolphins sure picked a bad year to intentionally tank 'cuz it looks like there's teams out there who are tanking without even trying.

They picked a great year to intentionally tank. If they half-rear end their tanking, they might miss out on the #1 overall pick.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Vengarr posted:

They picked a great year to intentionally tank. If they half-rear end their tanking, they might miss out on the #1 overall pick.

Were just lucky we’re playing guys who are bad as well

We can give Cleveland a W. We can give Jets TWO

Play
Apr 25, 2006

gameday thread?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
are you ready for some football

well you'll have to settle for this

e: wrong thread but I stand by my post 100%

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Play posted:

gameday thread?

yeah where it be

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens just signed a guy named Jihad

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

adaz posted:

I feel like I can make a reasonable argument that the following teams could make the playoffs right now:

East:
Patriots
Bills

North:
Ravens
Browns

South:
Texans
Colts
Jaguars
Titans

West:
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers

East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants

North:
Packers
Vikings
bears
Lions

South:
Saints
Panthers
Bucs

West:
Seahawks
49ers
Rams

I mean there are definitely some long shots in that group but that's still a good group of folks with their playoff hopes alive

I think the division thats been the most interesting to me this year is the AFC South.
There is so much volatility in it, and the teams are very different, but all four teams in that division are dark horses.

Tennessee is very physical and tough and late in the season when injuries start to mount for other teams they could grind out enough to make a run.

Houston has elite talent at several key positions.

Indianapolis is the "team of destiny."
They have by far the best 'story' of any team.

And at the center of it all.... the ultimate wildcard.

Gardner Minshew.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
No way the Titans are making the playoffs guy

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

titans are the team of 9-7 destiny which could very well win that division depending on how things break

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd say the Steelers are very much still in it. AFCN is so weak and could easily see a team with a losing record win the division this year.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/cmain7/status/1181390105082245121?s=19

Hello enemies of The Run

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I'd say the Steelers are very much still in it. AFCN is so weak and could easily see a team with a losing record win the division this year.

1-4 on your third string qb isn't a path to success.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm still convinced that Paxton Lynch is going to have a better NFL career than Drew Lock. Him going 7-4 and the Steelers limping into the playoffs would just piss everybody off so it must happen.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Browns

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

congrats 49ers tho

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dehumanize yourself and face the Week 6 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900693&pagenumber=1#lastpost