Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
TNF: Rams @ Seahawks

1pm:

Vikings @ Giants
Jets @ Eagles
Bears @ Raiders
Patriots @ Washington
Cardinals @ Bengals
Falcons @ Texans
Buccaneers @ Saints
Bills @ Titans
Ravens @ Steelers
Jaguars @ Panthers

4pm:

Broncos @ Chargers - Tony Romo is calling this game because wasting talent is required
Packers @ Cowboys

SNF: Colts @ Chiefs

MNF: Browns @ 49ers - loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
RedZone this week is gonna own. Rest up those vocal cords, Scotty boy

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Will Packers-Cowboys draw away everybody?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Seriously, why is Romo doing Broncos @ Chargers? A televised execution is such a waste of his talents when he could be calling a gloriously dumb Falcons @ Texans or waxing melancholy about the QB's in a Bills @ Titans matchup, or give him the fun newbie QB's with Jaguars @ Panthers!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Quick Reads is out and looking at how badly the Patriots and Dolphins defenses are distorting numbers so far by making bad/good QB's looks nighmarishly bad/good.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-4-quick-reads

Best QB performance of the week? Of course it was Jameis Winston. Brady was 30th, sandwiched between both Washington QB's.

quote:

You know what's even easier than playing quarterback against the Dolphins? Playing running back against the Chiefs. Kansas City was hoping that a switch from Bob Sutton's 3-4 to Steve Spagnuolo's 4-3 would fix the run defense, but early results indicate they may have been running a 0-0 formation instead. The Chiefs are allowing opposing running backs to gain 5.78 yards per carry, nearly half a yard more than any other team. They are allowing running backs to gain successful yardage 59% of the time, they are allowing 1.80 second-level yards per carry, and they are stuffing opposing runners at or behind the line just 11% of the time; they are the worst defense in the NFL in all three categories. Kerryon Johnson had 26 carries against Kansas City on Sunday, which is the most anyone has had against the Chiefs this season. Other runners with double-digit carries include Mark Ingram, Leonard Fournette, and Josh Jacobs. In total, the 11 running backs who have carried the ball against the Chiefs have had 237 carries against other teams, and those carries have averaged 4.1 yards apiece, with a 48% success rate, 20% stuff rate, and 1.11 second-level yards per carry. This is an eminently mediocre group of running backs, but the Chiefs are making them look like Jim Brown in his prime.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Khalil Mack is going to end the entire Oakland Raiders franchise on Sunday

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Kalli posted:

Seriously, why is Romo doing Broncos @ Chargers? A televised execution is such a waste of his talents when he could be calling a gloriously dumb Falcons @ Texans or waxing melancholy about the QB's in a Bills @ Titans matchup, or give him the fun newbie QB's with Jaguars @ Panthers!

tbf, Broncos-Chargers also has the potential to be gloriously dumb

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kalli posted:

Not only that, but the other 4pm game is Packers/Cowboys. Absolutely no-one will be watching Broncos/Chargers unless they live in Denver or have family members on the Chargers.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'm sorry for anyone who watches the Colts get walloped in Primetime on Sunday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Reversal of Fortune

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1178757996580487168

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
When can they start flexing games? It can't happen soon enough

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't flex the TNF clownfest of Seahawks vs Rams that's coming up.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's no :lol: big enough for Patriots@Washington.

I'm surprised the NFL didn't get a Pee Wee team onto the Pats' schedule this year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There's no :lol: big enough for Patriots@Washington.

I'm surprised the NFL didn't get a Pee Wee team onto the Pats' schedule this year.

Miami game just happened

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nobody watch Bills titans tia

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Kalli posted:

Quick Reads is out and looking at how badly the Patriots and Dolphins defenses are distorting numbers so far by making bad/good QB's looks nighmarishly bad/good.

Best QB performance of the week? Of course it was Jameis Winston. Brady was 30th, sandwiched between both Washington QB's.

My favorite part about this early season adjustments is how a guy who rushes for 125 yards on 26 carries ends up with negative DYAR because that's just how bad the Chiefs run defense is.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1179072018949529602?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Keenan Allen REALLY likes Philip Rivers

https://twitter.com/Keenan13Allen/status/1179033751403155461?s=19

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/JPFinlayNBCS/status/1179019665206579200

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
Darnold was only cleared for 'light, noncontact football activities' which doesn't involve even solo weight lifting.

I'll probably end up just watching redzone this week with eagles on the 2nd monitor. Lotta bad games this week at 1.

Nov 6, 2002

Once you get mono are you immune?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Metapod posted:

Nobody watch Bills titans tia

It's all here... field goal kickin', low scorin'

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Well, his scope of comparison includes Luke Falk, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Matt Barkley. I suppose they do look good viewed through that lens.

Not Colt McCoy though. Belichick was just including him to be polite.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

It's all here... field goal kickin', low scorin'

Mariota is going to throw the ball away no less then two dozen times in this game.

Nov 6, 2002

I give Colt McCoy about three quarters before he is on IR.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The last three Bills-Titans games have each been decided by one point, jeez

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does Romo traditionally not announce Cowboys games? I would've figured he'd be assigned to Packers-Boys.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The last three Bills-Titans games have each been decided by one point, jeez

Rivalry!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Josh Allen is going to throw 9 touchdowns against the Titans

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Rams/Seahawks could be fun.

Is the rivalry between Buccs & Saints still a thing?

Bills/Titans could be ok clownball.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Kalli posted:

quote:

the poor Dolphins have been shredded by some of the league's best: Tom Brady, a future Hall of Famer; Philip Rivers and Lamar Jackson, former first-round draft picks; and Dak Prescott, current MVP candidate

Am I the only one that did a double take at how the middle two are lumped together

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/danwiederer/status/1179074263690743809

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nosre posted:

Am I the only one that did a double take at how the middle two are lumped together

I guess quick reads is on the Not a HoFer side for Rivers

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

OperaMouse posted:

Will Packers-Cowboys draw away everybody?

Probably, at least in Houston -
https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/1178764859317657600

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Matchup watchability thoughts:

1. MNF Browns @ 49ers. - A good game, between two pretty good teams that the football watching world hasn't seen much of yet. This should be really fun.

2. Packers @ Cowboys - Yeah, yeah, two overplayed teams, but they're both good.
3. Jaguars @ Panthers - Two unheralded newbie QB's who came out of nowhere to ride their sweet defenses to the playoffs. The next Tom Brady invitational matchup.

4. Buccaneers @ Saints Buccaneers are suddenly really feisty, and a kicker meltdown from being 3-1. Saints are a good team riding a game manager QB.
5. Ravens @ Steelers - The Steelers were left for dead two weeks ago, and they could be tied for the division lead after this game. Because the Ravens came down to earth and God hates us.

6. SNF: Colts @ Chiefs - Can the Colts do what the Lions couldn't? Probably not, but hey, I'll always watch Chiefs play offense.
7. Falcons @ Texans - The two talented teams best at shooting themselves in the leg. Holy poo poo is something wrong with the Falcons, and the Texans keep doing extremely Texans things, mostly involving trying to get Watson killed.
8. Bills @ Titans - A QB who makes a ton of poor decisions vs one who never makes a risky one, or one that'll pick up a first down, and two defenses that are going to punish the hell out of them for those mistakes. Will have zero offensive scoring plays appearing on redzone.

9. TNF: Rams @ Seahawks - The Rams just got dragged up and down the field by the Buccaneers, and on 3 days rest travel to Seattle, to lose to some bullshit Wilson does.
10. Bears @ Raiders - The defensive MVP is going to go sickhouse on his old team and it's going to be horrifying.
11. Vikings @ Giants - The Vikings offense works when they can run the ball, and the Giants can't play defense, but at least they're watchable after benching Eli.

12. Broncos @ Chargers - Uh, well Tony Romo is worth listening to.
13. Cardinals @ Bengals - At least it may be competitive?
14. Jets @ Eagles - Go outside instead
15. Patriots @ Washington - Do not watch this.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is the rivalry between Buccs & Saints still a thing?

Eh. Only in that they're in the same divison. Bucs don't really have any rivals at this point. Not like how Falcons/Saints is a rivalry anyway

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

Matchup watchability thoughts:

9. TNF: Rams @ Seahawks - The Rams just got dragged up and down the field by the Buccaneers, and on 3 days rest travel to Seattle, to lose to some bullshit Wilson does.

You should probably take a look at the last time the Rams played in Seattle...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Once you get mono are you immune?

I think so?

Never had it myself

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rams @ seahawks could be an escape goat game if the rams offense is truly figured out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
The real questions is are there any confirmed cases of mono from kissing titties?