Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
N:

The Athletic posted:

Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey came to the sideline after missing a tackle on JuJu Smith-Schuster’s 35-yard touchdown catch late in the first quarter Sunday. Humphrey tried to punch the ball out of Smith-Schuster’s grasp rather than just wrapping him up with a form tackle, and safety DeShon Elliott had a message for him.

“DeShon is like, ‘Don’t you do that, bro. You’ve got to make that tackle,’” Humphrey said. “And I’m thinking in my head, ‘Nah, I’m going to do it again.’”

V: :lol: Marlon owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

It feels like there’s a lot more really awful teams this year.

There’s 4 winless teams and 4 one win teams after 5 weeks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

latinotwink1997 posted:

Also notable, half the NFL is either 2-3 or 3-2. 16 teams. A large contingent of middling teams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams are going to go 3-13, losing their next 12 games each by a single point

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

latinotwink1997 posted:

Thought same and apparently it is

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1181241014482329600

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well, week 6 will bring us R******s/Dolphins so one of those teams will not remain

talk about a stoppable force meeting a movable object

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Well, week 6 will bring us R******s/Dolphins so one of those teams will not remain

Don't worry we also get the Bengals vs the Dolphins, the Jets vs the Redskins and the Jets vs the Dolphins TWICE. :laffo:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jags lost, but Minshew still looked ok.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Randaconda posted:

Jags lost, but Minshew still looked ok.

He sure did. The battle of the "rookie" replacement quarterbacks was one of the games of the week. Who could've predicted such a thing at the start of the season? It's absurd and unbelievable

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

He sure did. The battle of the "rookie" replacement quarterbacks was one of the games of the week. Who could've predicted such a thing at the start of the season? It's absurd and unbelievable

Right? Hell, the Jags didn't get dominated in the lost or anything, unlike most of the losses last year.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

latinotwink1997 posted:

The NFL is very bad this year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What would the draft position tie breaker be between two 0-15-1 teams that tied 0-0 in their matchup? :thunk:

I’m still expecting the Dolphins to botch their tank due to AFC East clownball, though. A couple of Rosen’s dimes accidentally get caught and they beat Washington or the Bengals.

And also somehow beat the Pats so they can enrage everyone, even us Pats homers, with a terrible underdog narrative.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Zero_Grade posted:

It's very good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
"NFL is bad this year" is just TFF's version of "Are there more injuries this year than usual?"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Zero_Grade posted:

Kalli posted:

It's very good.

I keep going back and forth. Last week I thought the NFL was absolute garbage and I should stop watching so much

This week it seems cool and good again. I don't know what to think

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Play posted:

The first 0-0 game in 70 years?

Docjowles posted:

What would the draft position tie breaker be between two 0-15-1 teams that tied 0-0 in their matchup? :thunk:

Strength Weakness of schedule.

Sono fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 7, 2019

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Penalties are bad

The NFL has more penalties this year

Ergo,

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Docjowles posted:

I’m still expecting the Dolphins to botch their tank due to AFC East clownball, though. A couple of Rosen’s dimes accidentally get caught and they beat Washington or the Bengals.

And also somehow beat the Pats so they can enrage everyone, even us Pats homers, with a terrible underdog narrative.

There's a giant list of tiebreakers that the NFL has based on statistical performance. If all those fail, a literal coin flip.

I mean, there's no difference per se between two teams who go 8-8 and 1-1 head to head and two teams who go 0-15-1 and tied against each other in terms of overall and head to head record, so other tiebreaking procedures are needed.

iospace fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 7, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

Worst strength of schedule wins (er, loses, er, gets the higher pick), if there's a tie there I think it's a coin flip.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/michaelpRTD/status/1076496416963465216

give it about 40 seconds

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

He's on pace to break the record for total yards from scrimmage.

I imagine he would have to get the award if he pulled that off.

Of course he'll die in the process but that's just the price Ron is willing to pay to get to 7 or 9 wins.

I'm not going to google it so I'm probably wrong by Chris Johnson didn't get MVP when he got the record.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The plays are amazing. But the presentation is awful

Look, if you like Aikman and Buck rambling on between Ford commercials caused by soft flags that nullify great plays, then you know what? I don't like your opinions :colbert:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Docjowles posted:

The Dolphins play the Jets twice as well as the Bengals so they would have to be super extra bad to not win one game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Play posted:

There are rookie/backup qb battles I think just about every season, it's just that usually those players are terrible.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Play posted:

A tie is eminently possible and would keep both of them winless.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

There are rookie/backup qb battles I think just about every season, it's just that usually those players are terrible.

Yeah that's what I mean. Kyle Allen is a 2018 UDFA, Gardner Minshew is a sixth round draft pick from this year. Allen is undefeated and Minshew just threw for 374 yards in a loss. Both of them have quarterback ratings above 105 for the season, which is good for 4th and 6th in the NFL among QBs with significant attempts. That's ahead of such luminaries as uhhh... Tom Brady? Matt Ryan? Carson Wentz? Lamar Jackson? Phillip Rivers? AARON RODGERS???

The chances of that all happening are so incredibly slim

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The 49ers, fresh off the bright idea to use ticket scanners that don't loving work for game one (and ditching ones that worked for years), have made it so screenshots don't work on tickets. And no paper tickets. So now you'll have thousands of people trying to pull up their ticket on their phone at the same place at the same time. :lol: there are gonna be 20 people in the stadium at kickoff tonight (half the normal amount]

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's the Browns on MNF. They're not going to be missing anything.

I predict a final score of 13-9.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1181273049309614080

condition soon downgraded to dead

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Death by bunga bunga

Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

The 49ers, fresh off the bright idea to use ticket scanners that don't loving work for game one (and ditching ones that worked for years), have made it so screenshots don't work on tickets. And no paper tickets. So now you'll have thousands of people trying to pull up their ticket on their phone at the same place at the same time. :lol: there are gonna be 20 people in the stadium at kickoff tonight (half the normal amount]

In the games I've gone to most people already use the tickets on their phone. And the ticket apps store the barcode offline, no internet needed.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Vengarr posted:

It's the Browns on MNF. They're not going to be missing anything.

I predict a final score of 13-9.
Browns are solid though.

Boomers have a tough time with phone tickets. The Fiserv Forum went that route, and holy poo poo is there a mass of people outside the entrances looking at their phones with a mixture of fear and rage come gametime.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 7, 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

In the games I've gone to most people already use the tickets on their phone. And the ticket apps store the barcode offline, no internet needed.

Buddy lemme tell you about the poo poo show that is the Levi's stadium app because you think it would be this simple but it's not.

Nov 6, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Buddy lemme tell you about the poo poo show that is the Levi's stadium app because you think it would be this simple but it's not.

I'd assume most people are using their ticket vendor app (Ticketmaster, StubHub SeatGeek, etc). Are fans actually buying tickets through the stadium's app?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Leon Einstein posted:

Browns are solid though.

Irregardless. They don't play well on national TV, ever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'd assume most people are using their ticket vendor app (Ticketmaster, StubHub SeatGeek, etc). Are fans actually buying tickets through the stadium's app?

The season tickets are accessible through the app and via using a ticketed credential thing that (surprise) doesn't loving work.

You're operating under the assumption that the 49ers are a well-run organization and not the worst instincts of nfl owners colliding headlong into the worst instincts of silicon valley shitheads

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I get that the 49ers ownership sucks but you really need to open your eyes. The monopoly set up of the NFL combined with the "self made billionaire" mindset of every owner, especially the ones that inherited everything, makes absolute incompetence the norm for these things. The only real outlier I can think of is Dan Snyder. That dude is next level.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets tickets are accessible through the team app and it integrates with Apple Wallet. They don’t take any other form of hard tickets. Works well imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Sure are a lot of 0 win teams so far.

Also, wow AFC east.

Is it possible for all those teams to go 0-16? What's the theoretical maximum on that clown car scenario? How many teams can go 0-16 in the same season? Let's do it binches