Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
News:
https://twitter.com/TheRealWeisGuy/status/1179087560724885504?s=19
Views:
:yosnice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

This sounds like one of those vague situations where someone is having psych problems.

While denying the car version of the story, they said that he had been absent because he "hadn't been acting like himself," which couldn't be much clear as to what its referring to

I hope that he gets whatever help he needs

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nice.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

*pushes up glasses*

It's actually 69.421%

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

*pushes up glasses*

It's actually 69.421%

Shut the gently caress up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

why would Kahlil Mack be angry and wanting revenge against the raiders when they did him a huge favor?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Would the Orlando Apollos beat the Dolphins?

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Elephanthead posted:

Would the Orlando Apollos beat the Dolphins?

yes

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

NFL.com journalism is bad

"Beyond the Chiefs and Patriots (yes, we see you, too, undefeated Niners operation), the landscape morphs into a dotting of in-process teams still figuring it out; they lick their wounds after a loss one week, then prance about seven days later, post-victory, thinking they're the bee's knees.

A generous swath of clubs feel half-baked, but five NFL cities burn bright on our radar after Sunday performances that altered perceptions and pointed to spicy campaigns ahead"

okay google what is modern day hip slang with the kids

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

edit* lmao watch the entire panthers defense react immediately on the WR pass play

https://gfycat.com/thirdlonelycuckoo

This is beautiful. They move like a rugby defense line.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

sweet thursday posted:

"Beyond the Chiefs and Patriots (yes, we see you, too, undefeated Niners operation), the landscape morphs into a dotting of in-process teams still figuring it out; they lick their wounds after a loss one week, then prance about seven days later, post-victory, thinking they're the bee's knees.

A generous swath of clubs feel half-baked, but five NFL cities burn bright on our radar after Sunday performances that altered perceptions and pointed to spicy campaigns ahead"

I like Sessler, but even if you don’t I don’t really see how he’s trying to be ‘hip with the kids’ in that quote

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah Mahomes bailed too early on that pocket. It’s clever how there was a QB spy waiting for him to roll out, I wonder if teams will do that more often. Assuming he was a spy and not just sitting in a zone

I mean they’ve been putting spies on Russell Wilson since 2013 with limited results. We’ll see if that keeps Mahones down for long

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 2, 2019

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Is the rivalry between Buccs & Saints still a thing?

As others have said, not really. We both like pointing out to our NFC South brethren that we are the only two teams in the NFC that are undefeated in Super Bowls, though. The Bucs play well at times against the Saints and pull some crazy wins out their rear end (see Fitzmagic last year!), so we definitely show them the proper respect.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

sweet thursday posted:

1. You just don't get Sessler.

2. Why the gently caress are you reading NFL.com?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Are you ready for the playoffs?

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1179199356680970241?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, wouldn't have expected this:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1179112329952280576

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Why do the Niners get the division lead when we have the same amount of wins?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

The Saints with a #2 seed seems like an impossible miracle.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

Why do the Niners get the division lead when we have the same amount of wins?

Better winning percentage

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Jameis thinking is the problem.....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Arians is a wizard.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

wandler20 posted:

Arians is a wizard.

A grand one?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I would be fine with this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Arians took the job because he felt offensive black coaches didn't get a fair shake, as well as hiring the first women coaches in the NFL, so despite knowing this was a joke, am going to scold you!

You are cancelled, you will never have a hit CBS comedy show in this town buster.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kalli posted:

MNF: Browns @ 49ers - loving rules.

When was the last time this was genuinely said about a Browns-Niners game by someone who wasn't a fan of either team? Was it even this century?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When was the last time this was genuinely said about a Browns-Niners game by someone who wasn't a fan of either team? Was it even this century?

2007, final game of the year, the Browns were 9-6 and had a chance to make the playoffs with a win and a loss by the Titans. The Browns won but so did the Titans.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

nah posted:

2007, final game of the year, the Browns were 9-6 and had a chance to make the playoffs with a win and a loss by the Titans. The Browns won but so did the Titans.

They also could have wrapped up a playoff spot with a win against the Bengals the week before, but uhhh

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200712230cin.htm

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im doing an american football crash course with pizza and alcohol tomorrow for my Japanese coworkers. Im limited in games from the last week I can show them, so im going with Ravens/Browns as its kind of close for the first half and then becomes a points bonanza. I feel like thats a good way to show how it all works.

Thoughts?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im doing an american football crash course with pizza and alcohol tomorrow for my Japanese coworkers. Im limited in games from the last week I can show them, so im going with Ravens/Browns as its kind of close for the first half and then becomes a points bonanza. I feel like thats a good way to show how it all works.

Thoughts?

Chiefs Lions is kinda fun if you can get that one. Slowish start to explain some basics, full clownball in the third quarter so they get a taste of that, then an exciting finish.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Chiefs Lions is kinda fun if you can get that one. Slowish start to explain some basics, full clownball in the third quarter so they get a taste of that, then an exciting finish.

For added effect, big up the Lions so they can root for them only to watch the crushing failure of the 4th quarter, for maximum Lions experience.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Finger Prince posted:

For added effect, big up the Lions so they can root for them only to watch the crushing failure of the 4th quarter, for maximum Lions experience.

Plenty of chances to whine about the refs too, which is part of the experience.

It is a very odd feeling to be on the right (wrong) side of these complaints by the way.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yup hope you all feel like poo poo for bullying a good soul

https://twitter.com/BairNBCS/status/1179379783236538368

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So is the other guy's skull.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Mega64 posted:

So is the other guy's skull.

https://twitter.com/matthewkawahara/status/1178454166789857281

:iiam:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

Yup hope you all feel like poo poo for bullying a good soul

https://twitter.com/BairNBCS/status/1179379783236538368

Good. Bye bitch :woop:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Is it so hard for you to understand that just because this hit didn't obliterate a dude, doesn't make what Burfict tried to do ok?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I mean Gronk has said he's not worried about CTE because it can be reversed by taking weed pills. Players have repeatedly shown that they have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to the dangers of the game.

Except the ones who bail out and retire at like 23 I guess. Didn't some dude on the 9ers do that a few years ago?

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Gronk reversed his CTE. Now it's the much more manageable ETC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Literally never trust a player about their own injuries. They will downplay it hard