Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I mean Gronk has said he's not worried about CTE because it can be reversed by taking weed pills. Players have repeatedly shown that they have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to the dangers of the game.

Except the ones who bail out and retire at like 23 I guess. Didn't some dude on the 9ers do that a few years ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

It takes awhile for preseason / week 1 narratives to fade away and for people to realize, oh huh, the Lions and Buccaneers are actually playing pretty good, and the Browns had a horrificially bad month but are still 2-2, and even the Steelers' nightmare month leaves them only 1 game back right now.

Also holy poo poo there's only 3 teams in the AFC with a winning record currently.

Raiders on there is the surprise to me, I think most of us would have said they were the "favorite" for last place in the AFCW, followed by Denver. The entire Chargers' roster dying has really given them an opening.

But also it's only been 4 weeks so this is all kind of meaningless wanking anyway :pseudo:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wtf

He hasn't been himself this year but I didn't think he was actually dead. The Pats have only had 2 kickers through my entire adult life

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It owns that Cincinnati, Washington, and the Jets all play Miami this year. Really ups the chances that the Dolphins botch their tank and only get like the third pick after intentionally “building” one of the worst rosters in history.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Running backs get an MVP once every 10 years or so so it’s still probably Mahomes.

Russell Wilson is also totally balling out this year. If the Seahawks make a deep playoff run and/or Mahomes has some down games due to his ankle I could see a case for him.

CMC should absolutely be in the conversation but as you said he's not a QB so probably not gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What would the draft position tie breaker be between two 0-15-1 teams that tied 0-0 in their matchup? :thunk:

I’m still expecting the Dolphins to botch their tank due to AFC East clownball, though. A couple of Rosen’s dimes accidentally get caught and they beat Washington or the Bengals.

And also somehow beat the Pats so they can enrage everyone, even us Pats homers, with a terrible underdog narrative.