Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, wouldn't have expected this:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1179112329952280576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im doing an american football crash course with pizza and alcohol tomorrow for my Japanese coworkers. Im limited in games from the last week I can show them, so im going with Ravens/Browns as its kind of close for the first half and then becomes a points bonanza. I feel like thats a good way to show how it all works.

Thoughts?

Chiefs Lions is kinda fun if you can get that one. Slowish start to explain some basics, full clownball in the third quarter so they get a taste of that, then an exciting finish.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Finger Prince posted:

For added effect, big up the Lions so they can root for them only to watch the crushing failure of the 4th quarter, for maximum Lions experience.

Plenty of chances to whine about the refs too, which is part of the experience.

It is a very odd feeling to be on the right (wrong) side of these complaints by the way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chris Borland

Glen Coffee too a while before that.

He might have been crazy though, or just crazy on religion, I didn't keep up with the story.

e: looked him up, he tried to come back and got cut before the season, now he's apparently on Nick Saban's staff at Bama. Or was in 2017 at least.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sweet thursday posted:

Or the lack of guaranteed contracts

I remember a few baseball players who were stars but not absolutely top of the game guys sitting out for over a year with concussions. Hockey too although that was Crosby who was like the biggest star they had.

What's the longest anyone who didn't retire because of it sat out with concussion symptoms in the NFL?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I mean you know Gordon or Ekeler is gonna go down this week

I'd tell you to give up on the team that left you but I know you won't because of Rivers reasons. I also think you're being sent a message in some fashion over and over again and it's just going to get worse from here on out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This was seriously beautiful even if it made me do the surrender cobra watching the game. There's a better view from behind Stafford out there somewhere where you can see exactly how tight the window was.

e: oops it's probably in there, I just glanced at the first few seconds.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Ahaha you thought

I feel like you brought this on personally.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1179731012676456449

If so, good. Also he's going to somehow be nails for them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Here's a video of Barry Sanders dunking

https://twitter.com/WillBlackmon/status/1179730386064150528

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Barudak posted:

Im suddenly dissapointed I didnt get to live in the universe where Barry Sanders is like a foot taller and just obliterates defenders to their composite atoms inside the paint.

He was such a ripped little dude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Diggs is on a pretty nice 5/$55m deal going forward and is in his year 26 season. He’s worth at least a 1st rounder in trade, right?

The Chiefs have absolutely no real need of him and I'd be ok with doing this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Minshew to Diggs, all day

This is not a terrible idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Professor Funk posted:

Why? If his spleen is fine, and his conditioning is fine, why wait? From all accounts he's been totally normal for over a week and had a pretty mild case symptoms wise. Granted Gase hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt for his decision making, but if the doctors say he's good to go, let him play.

General proximity to the Mets has me sure that whatever the wrong decision is the Jets doctors will make it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You can't trust doctors remotely affiliated with an NFL team

Source: literally every former player, the entire Washington roster

I mean they probably do want to avoid immediate death.

They just don't care if you die 5 years later from a decision they made today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Edit: Also this title makes it seem like he was loving his sister when he got the call wtf

https://old.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/dd8kxd/gardner_minshew_ii_was_playing_cornhole_with_his/

It's always funny when people are introduced to the term cornhole.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

10 early games tomorrow. 2 late games.

gently caress the nfl.

They do that to try to create marquee matchups or something and it's always like the Cowboys playing the Giants in the afternoon and it has sucked for sooooooo long.

I typed that before I looked at the schedule and of course the Cowboys are one of those games tomorrow. I mean that's actually a half decent matchup with the Packers but there are years and years full of weeks where that wasn't the case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Jonathan Martin avoided jail time for that instagram post where he threatened to kill a bunch of people including Richie Incognito partially because Incognito went to bat for him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1181161623458701313

What could go wrong?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

The Chiefs just put up the worst offensive performance of Mahomes's career and he still threw for 312 yards, 1 TD, no INT.

Jags last year was the worst pretty easily, it's just easy to forget because Bortles threw every interception that day. And that was still 313 with 2 picks.

e: oops misread you, that was Mahomes personal worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

What would the draft position tie breaker be between two 0-15-1 teams that tied 0-0 in their matchup? :thunk:

Worst strength of schedule wins (er, loses, er, gets the higher pick), if there's a tie there I think it's a coin flip.