Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kalli posted:

Seriously, why is Romo doing Broncos @ Chargers? A televised execution is such a waste of his talents when he could be calling a gloriously dumb Falcons @ Texans or waxing melancholy about the QB's in a Bills @ Titans matchup, or give him the fun newbie QB's with Jaguars @ Panthers!

Not only that, but the other 4pm game is Packers/Cowboys. Absolutely no-one will be watching Broncos/Chargers unless they live in Denver or have family members on the Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Well, his scope of comparison includes Luke Falk, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Matt Barkley. I suppose they do look good viewed through that lens.

Not Colt McCoy though. Belichick was just including him to be polite.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

nah posted:

Sunday looks like the best day ever for RedZone but my drat wife has to go and give birth to another one of my drat kid this weekend. Divorce?

Most of those games look eminently skippable to me.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The Shadow Over Innsmouth was a well-hidden metaphor for the Patriots’ dynasty.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nice.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

FizFashizzle posted:

I still don't understand how NFL/College teams just don't go over to Eastern europe and offer to teach these guys how to play football.

I've thought this watching Sumo. You have a lot of Mongolians and Eastern Europe types in Sumo now, and they're beastly. They also have the footwork/hand fighting skills that your average powerlifter might not possess.

Also--I can't believe I'm saying this, but-- pro football is probably healthier for you than sumo.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Active sumo wrestlers are actually in incredible shape even with all the fat they're carrying. It's only when they stop wrestling and start developing internal fat (as opposed to "external" fat) that it quickly becomes very unhealthy.

Having too much visceral fat is very very very very bad for you.

I wasn't talking so much about the weight. Sumo have terrible chronic injury problems because of the short turnaround for tournaments, and even the CTE is pretty bad due to all the clashing heads on the tachi-ai. Not to mention the head-slaps.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who was that one Bucs QB who had his spleen ruptured during a game?

He had his spleen ruptured, rubbed some dirt on it, came back and finished the game.

Lost five pints of blood and almost died, but hey. You can’t be a Gruden Grinder without a little pain.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

sweet thursday posted:

Tell me again why/how the best dynasty the league has ever seen has received one of the easiest schedules that's ever been created, lol

For starters, they get to play all the teams in their division twice. So that's 6 free wins a season. Then they get to play the NFC North, which has exactly 1 good team (or 0 if you listen to Kawalimus), and the NFC East, which has maaaybe 2 depending on the day of the week, the alignment of the stars, and the pattern of the animal bones.

Only two games per season are determined by last years' results. Since they won their division last year, their last two games are against two division winners: the Chiefs (legit), and the Texans (frauds). Adding insult to injury, the Texans lost in the playoffs vs a team from their own division, which makes their divisional win turbo-fraudulent.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I’m Colt McCoy?”

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Zyla posted:

i wish there was football on saturdays, but alas

There’s a semi-pro league, but it’s probably going to shut down now that they have to pay their players.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Alaois posted:

like the entire point of the bill is to let players get payed for advertisements and likeness rights so the schools themselves don't have to pay them

It’s still early in the process, but I think that’s not how it’s going to work in practice. The compensation the players receive will largely be payments to attend rather than actual sponsorships and advertising. Certainly a few players will get some outsize deals, but the majority of payments will be inducements to play at a specific school. Maybe it won’t come directly from the colleges, but boosters or other hangers-on; regardless, it’ll be pay-for-play.

College sports are corrupt as hell and injecting more money into them is not going to fix the systemic problems. At least it will be more equitable.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Play posted:

Well, week 6 will bring us R******s/Dolphins so one of those teams will not remain

talk about a stoppable force meeting a movable object

A tie is eminently possible and would keep both of them winless.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's the Browns on MNF. They're not going to be missing anything.

I predict a final score of 13-9.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Leon Einstein posted:

Browns are solid though.

Irregardless. They don't play well on national TV, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

LabyaMynora posted:

The Dolphins sure picked a bad year to intentionally tank 'cuz it looks like there's teams out there who are tanking without even trying.

They picked a great year to intentionally tank. If they half-rear end their tanking, they might miss out on the #1 overall pick.