Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Does Romo traditionally not announce Cowboys games? I would've figured he'd be assigned to Packers-Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The last three Bills-Titans games have each been decided by one point, jeez

Rivalry!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

fartknocker posted:

Romo is on CBS, which nominally carries AFC games. I think he’s only done one or two Cowboys as a broadcaster.

I've been streaming NFL games for so long I forgot about the FOX/CBS split. Thanks, that makes sense.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Most of these guys don't have the agility/footwork necessary to play line.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

FizFashizzle posted:

are you serious.

watch his feet.

He's staying still with a bit of a hop back to reposition weight? How does that translate to quickly moving to keep a rusher off the edge?

At the least, we know he won't get bowled over and he probably would be amazing in run blocking.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Vengarr posted:

Also--I can't believe I'm saying this, but-- pro football is probably healthier for you than sumo.

Active sumo wrestlers are actually in incredible shape even with all the fat they're carrying. It's only when they stop wrestling and start developing internal fat (as opposed to "external" fat) that it quickly becomes very unhealthy.

Having too much visceral fat is very very very very bad for you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

PupsOfWar posted:

a fun way to show people the difference in trends/expectations in football over the years is to point out that Andy Dalton, a thoroughly pedestrian modern quarterback, has stats that compare favorably to Joe Montana's in a lot of ways

That reminds me of this article I read this morning about the interception rate dropping off a cliff: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/02/nfl-interception-rate-decline

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Post in discord if you're going to talk about everything you coward

What

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Who was that one Bucs QB who had his spleen ruptured during a game?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Davante Adams and Jamaal Williams both out Sunday. Thanks for the killshot on Williams, Eagles.

Kevin King is doubtful.

I can't believe Barnett didn't even get fined.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

That he's out for only a month makes it sound like he probably just got a hairline fracture or something instead of a straight up snapped jaw.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

All of these houses look like poo poo except the first one. The first one looks like something Pablo Escobar would live in.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
CMC isn't a QB but he's basically the most important player in that Panthers offense by quite a margin right now ... which is the entire reason why QBs disproportionately get that award. I'd say he has to be an early favorite.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Penalties are bad

The NFL has more penalties this year