Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Herstory Begins Now posted:

you just described nicotine addiction literally to a t, fyi.

yeah i'm p sure he's aware of the fact he has a nicotine addiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Herstory Begins Now posted:

reread what he wrote? where he says it's not the addiction

no he says "it's not just the addition". as in he's aware that he's addicted, but he believes some of the relaxation he attains from nicotine consumption is not addiction related. something I can agree with since smoking had a calming effect on me irrespective of addiction as well (I never truly got addicted)

you need to stop being lovely to people in thread cause you disagree with them

inkblottime posted:

The effects of nicotine addition last, I believe a week. So my figiting for 3 years while not smoking, not to mention my attention issues in school before I smoked have nothing to do with it. Truthfully, I should have been an anti-anxiety meds when I was teen. Probably would have prevented me from picking up the habit. I understand addition. I also have a good sense of self and what my own issues are. Please don't conflate my issues with an agenda.

I'm not sure how long the effects of nicotine addiction last, but psychological addiction to something lasts a lot longer than a week, and psychological addictions to something seem to form much more strongly when you use said thing to escape stress or negative situations in life. I've stopped smoking weed for over a year now because I was using it the way you use nicotine right now, and I still crave it from time to time, especially when my life gets bad. If vaping is helping you get through poo poo right now, that's fine but I'd suggest tapering it off and trying to find other ways of relaxing yourself. You mentioned that vaping is like a meditation ritual with drugs to you, so why don't you try actual meditation and see if it can help calm you down? It's something you have to practice a lot to start seeing results from (I've been practicing it nightly for the last two weeks, and I just now feel like I'm starting to see some effects from it), but if you keep at it I'm p sure it can help calm you and help you put the brakes on your thoughts when you're getting anxious

Condiv fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 7, 2019