Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'd be up for a goon league, I also think 3P would probably be better.

Concerning events: I always try to keep my strength up, but it happens that I fall behind and get hit by the bad side of strength events I played myself. Kinda sucks, but every game I've shied away from playing events out of fear of getting hit, I regret it post-game because not knowing what's coming and thus being unable to react to the events is still worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I saved all the defence cards I could, I think I only needed a topdecked defence once to keep me safe from both of you. I definitely got lucky I kept drawing them to be secure enough to neglect my military, though I'm not sure I needed/wanted to win that Historic Territory 2.

I like throwing in events so I know what's coming, that Dark Ages was mine and indeed excellently timed. I think if it went one round longer, I'd not have bid on the colonies to protect against a war and I wouldn't have had the dudes to push myself much ahead with buildings.

Most games I'm continuously struggling for rocks, then there's a game like this where I manage coal/oil and the last few turns aren't a decision of what to build, but of how to most efficiently spend my hoard of rocks.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I'd have to check on PC, because gently caress scrolling through the log on my phone, but I think I had the defence cards already in hand pre-revolt.