Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Are you, a man who supports a club who has an “Official Leisure Headwear Partner of Manchester United” just now discovering the principal of brand cachet?

I mean I'm aware that "boring generic poo poo with SUPREME written on it" is something people are literally killing each other over, but I'm surprised
Lingard thinks JLINGZ works the same way. But maybe I shouldn't be.

E: and I'll have you know the Official Leisure Headwear Partner Merchandise(tm) for Manchester United PLC is not cheap tat but merchandise of the highest quality manufactured by the good people of *checks papers* New Era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

guardian posted:

If you missed this, affable Real Madrid malcontent Gareth Bale gave an interview to the Daily Telegraph this week, in which he revealed: “I don’t even know who the prime minister is any more. I haven’t got a clue.”

Such a blissful life

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm skeptical he ever knew who the prime minister was

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

Such a blissful life

Why is this in the PL thread?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Why is this in the PL thread?

Well, he’s not playing in Spain! (Drumroll)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A bunch of journos on Twitter running the story that Smalling's loan deal is being made permanent for around 15 million. Whether that is euros or pounds, opinions are conflicted.

I guess he's doing OK in Italy then.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Der Shovel posted:

A bunch of journos on Twitter running the story that Smalling's loan deal is being made permanent for around 15 million. Whether that is euros or pounds, opinions are conflicted.

I guess he's doing OK in Italy then.

He scored a goal last week and actually looked quite good stats-wise (not so much on the pitch imo), but Roma fans seem to be happy about it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The news (or wild rumours) keep coming. Some Saudi guy who is apparently connected to their government somehow announced on LinkedIn that a group of Saudi investors purchased Manchester United yesterday, and it will be announced officially by the club shortly.

There's been rumours that a group of Saudi investors (the House of Saud, really) were trying to buy United for a while now so this isn't coming completely out of the blue, but I still don't buy it, unless the guy means "an agreement was reached yesterday and will be ratified shortly" because I would imagine this is something the Glazers and the Club would have to announce to shareholders immediately, not in a day or two.

But why would a guy make this up with his own name attached to it?

E: to clarify: "connected to the government" == the head of PR for the Royal Princess of the House of Saud. So I guess he would know, and I'm at a loss as to why he'd make it up.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 1, 2019

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Mancchester United's official bone saw partner

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Official Unmarked Mass Grave For Foreign Workers Digging Partner of Manchester United

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Der Shovel posted:

The news (or wild rumours) keep coming. Some Saudi guy who is apparently connected to their government somehow announced on LinkedIn that a group of Saudi investors purchased Manchester United yesterday, and it will be announced officially by the club shortly.

There's been rumours that a group of Saudi investors (the House of Saud, really) were trying to buy United for a while now so this isn't coming completely out of the blue, but I still don't buy it, unless the guy means "an agreement was reached yesterday and will be ratified shortly" because I would imagine this is something the Glazers and the Club would have to announce to shareholders immediately, not in a day or two.

But why would a guy make this up with his own name attached to it?

E: to clarify: "connected to the government" == the head of PR for the Royal Princess of the House of Saud. So I guess he would know, and I'm at a loss as to why he'd make it up.

you should google midhat kidwai

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

fat gay nonce posted:

Mancchester United's official bone saw partner

:mensch:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

you should google midhat kidwai

I’m still hitting f5

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I’m still hitting f5

it was absurd in retrospect, but also really funny

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Some people on Twitter now saying that nothing has been filed with the SEC which would make the whole thing "someone's going to federal jail" level illegal, even if it was a "they agreed a deal which will be ratified and finalized in the coming days" type of thing.

Ie. bullshit, but I can't figure out why the gently caress some guy on that level would just make poo poo up on his public, job-related Linkedin page.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 1, 2019

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

Some people on Twitter now saying that nothing has been filed with the SEC which would make the whole thing "someone's going to federal jail" level illegal, even if it was a "they agreed a deal which will be ratified and finalized in the coming days" type of thing.

Ie. bullshit, but I can't figure out why the gently caress some guy on that level would just make poo poo up on his public, job-related Linkedin page.

Well you probably also wouldn't think Jen Chang would track down a spoof blogger and personally threaten him for making jokes, and yet

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

vyelkin posted:

Well you probably also wouldn't think Jen Chang would track down a spoof blogger and personally threaten him for making jokes, and yet

That really was an amazing time to be alive.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
stop falling for made up poo poo you see once

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

hadji murad posted:

stop falling for made up poo poo you see once

It’s the Der Shovel brand

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Maybe Der Shovel will get his wish and United will finally jump from third to first in worldwide net spend.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

blue footed boobie posted:

Maybe Der Shovel will get his wish and United will finally jump from third to first in worldwide net spend.

heads will roll when that happens

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Some fans already sportswashing themselves, over some probably fake rumour. Maybe the Saudi royal family can tell us all what the United way actually is.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 4, 2019

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the #saudipromise is that for every tweet a man united fan makes defending genocide in yemen, the saudi government will contribute £1 to man united's next big signing

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i’m stoked at the thought of the people who kidnapped 20 wwe wrestlers over the weekend using those kind of tactics s on Man U

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
now I haven't been to any muslim weddings to confirm, but I'm pretty sure the image of the devil is forbidden by islam, so what the hell is going to happen to fred the red when the saudis take charge?!?!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

now I haven't been to any muslim weddings to confirm, but I'm pretty sure the image of the devil is forbidden by islam, so what the hell is going to happen to fred the red when the saudis take charge?!?!

Same thing that happened to Cardiff when that Taiwanese (?) guy took over.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

They change the kits to some poo poo red abomination and we get relegated?

When did they buy us? :confused:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Bundy posted:

They change the kits to some poo poo red abomination and we get relegated?

When did they buy us? :confused:

They also changed the logo. Because the owner didn't think that a bird was Welsh enough and wanted it changed to a dragon.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Malaysian guy iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It's November. post here about liverpool and maybe other teams too sometimes