Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Two people I don’t care about vs two of the very best on USA having a match.

The biggest thing AEW is going to struggle with is lack of notoriety of their wrestlers to the common fan, let alone someone who follows wrestling closely.

They should have strapped a rocket to Britt Baker, Tannille, or anyone else who is known to the regular fan. I’d be giving AEW a shot right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

on second thought those dives were really weak

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Candice And Shayna aren’t really known to a regular fan either. Regular fans only know of them because NXT has been on longer.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

on second thought those dives were really weak

I really think wwe tells people to do bad dives. Candice’s dives were always highlights in the indies.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm so tired of Shayna

Just have Dakota beat her.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm so tired of Shayna

But she was a mediocre MMA fighter! She's LEGIT~!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do really like that they're keeping up with the Shayna can hit the choke from anywhere finish

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dsriggs posted:

But she was a mediocre MMA fighter! She's LEGIT~!

so was shibata. you sayin shibata isnt legit???? he will gently caress you up!!!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm so tired of Shayna

Yeah its either Dakota or Rhea who are taking that title imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I really think wwe tells people to do bad dives. Candice’s dives were always highlights in the indies.

i think its more that the ring is higher off the ground and they cant dive into the crowd like they could on the indies, so they're getting a more downward nosedive angle on impact as opposed to just darting themselves straight across

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

walter vs kushida should be dope

pete dunne!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think its more that the ring is higher off the ground and they cant dive into the crowd like they could on the indies, so they're getting a more downward nosedive angle on impact as opposed to just darting themselves straight across

But like Moxley Was in NJPW for one match and his dives improved immediately, and NJPW rings tend to be around the same height as wwe I believe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This should be a cool match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This match has been really good. I love hard hitting matches

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just two british mean dudes beatin each other up this is great

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

just two british mean dudes beatin each other up this is great

And really it’s all I want out of life.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Third rate jay white sucks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh nice punishment martinez

okay that was cheesy but still cool.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NXT looks like the cool underdog, AEW show has been hella corny, and their women’s division can’t hold a candle to NXt/WWE

I want both to succeed but I’m taping nxt and watching aew live, next week ill probably do the opposite

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Lmao at NXT looking like the underdog. Ok dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Cool entrance for the raw hype men.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah this a great entrance

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Lmao at NXT looking like the underdog. Ok dude.

They are going for that look, obviously look =\= reality, we know wwe isn’t the underdog but it’s obvious they want to be cool and underground in appearance.

Jeez the defensiveness towards anything positive about WWE is a lot, I’m not trying to get anyone real mad over wrestling.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this entrance is really cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

NXT looks like the cool underdog, AEW show has been hella corny, and their women’s division can’t hold a candle to NXt/WWE

I want both to succeed but I’m taping nxt and watching aew live, next week ill probably do the opposite

AEW usually holds a replay after the movie that follows it

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

The_Rob posted:

Candice And Shayna aren’t really known to a regular fan either. Regular fans only know of them because NXT has been on longer.

Part of it but I also had a working knowledge of both. Shayna because she’s a “pioneer” of WMMA and got KOed by Bethe :laugh: and Candace because she’s had some sort of presence since when she was pretending to be Canadian.

I don’t think I’m a “regular” fan where I try to follow outside WWE as time allows. I know the basics of who Nyla Rose is and had no clue who she was wrestling tonight.

This is where AEW is going to struggle.

I would have watched AEW if NXT wasn’t head to head. But, there is only so much time in a week to watch wrestling. The established product always wins.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wrong thread. I was never

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Part of it but I also had a working knowledge of both. Shayna because she’s a “pioneer” of WMMA and got KOed by Bethe :laugh: and Candace because she’s had some sort of presence since when she was pretending to be Canadian.

I don’t think I’m a “regular” fan where I try to follow outside WWE as time allows. I know the basics of who Nyla Rose is and had no clue who she was wrestling tonight.

This is where AEW is going to struggle.

I would have watched AEW if NXT wasn’t head to head. But, there is only so much time in a week to watch wrestling. The established product always wins.

But if you watch the new product you will get to know the talent you don’t know yet.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1179572444874641408

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

They are going for that look, obviously look =\= reality, we know wwe isn’t the underdog but it’s obvious they want to be cool and underground in appearance.

Jeez the defensiveness towards anything positive about WWE is a lot, I’m not trying to get anyone real mad over wrestling.

Yeah of course they want to be cool and underground in appearance and there’s nothing more embarrassing than the billion dollar company trying to be cool and underground.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

The_Rob posted:

But if you watch the new product you will get to know the talent you don’t know yet.

I get that but I have a product I already like live on one channel, and I devote enough time to raw, smackdown, and ppvs, let alone squeezing in NXT on weekends. Time commitment is a huge thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
This match is good but there have been too many commercials.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m glad they’re just allowing Dawkins to do big guy moves.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

This match is good but there have been too many commercials.

fish and o'reilly have been great forever

oh man what a kneedrop into kneebar

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this match is great

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
gently caress that had to gently caress his ankles up. Jesus.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Really good drat match. RedDragon will always be good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Oh poo poo Ciampa’s back.