Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ciampa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

and undisputed remains standing tall

OH poo poo

OH poo poo ITS CIAMPIA

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Pretty good little show. And now I’m excited to watch AEW. I’m cool with this being my weekly thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Goldy coming home.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey whats up sad thread

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Pretty good little show. And now I’m excited to watch AEW. I’m cool with this being my weekly thing.

"You're gonna be my regular Wednesday night thing"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

both shows were really good and i look forward to watching both each week. wrestling is in such an excellent place right now.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Big Huski Boi posted:

"You're gonna be my regular Wednesday night thing"
Get over here big huski boi. :gizz:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Hey whats up sad thread

:thumbsup:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

both shows were really good and i look forward to watching both each week. wrestling is in such an excellent place right now.

Yeah, I watched both side by side.

Was fun.

Wish Raw and Smackdown would put on a show as good as these two.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Finally starting on the Cole/Riddle match and this is a banger of a match. If NXT and AEW stay like this I'll be more than happy to finally stop watching Raw and SD hoping something good happens.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
The backstabber and the sequence right after is amazing. I'm not planning on 2 hour delay live posting NXT but drat this match is extremely strong.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spongeh posted:

The backstabber and the sequence right after is amazing. I'm not planning on 2 hour delay live posting NXT but drat this match is extremely strong.

That backstabber was super loving clean.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Vince is probably gonna take a more hands on approach to NXT sooner rather than later.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Armitage posted:

Vince is probably gonna take a more hands on approach to NXT sooner rather than later.

Maybe, but until then....

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Probably, but like all the morons posting negative Steam reviews of games with 1000 hours played, something bad happening in the future doesn't ruin the times I enjoyed in the moment.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1179581403782139904
God Riddle spiked Cole hard on that German

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

i was at work but wow that sequence is cool as hell

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

GOnna be honest I actually hate this

I hate it when wrestlers don't sell just to set up another spot

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They sell after the flurry. It’s a take on the fighting spirit from Japan.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I have to agree with you tbh.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you watched the G1 and saw Ishii this is all perfectly fine.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The_Rob posted:

They sell after the flurry. It’s a take on the fighting spirit from Japan.

The dude took an incredibly looking german suplex and immediately made it look worthless by getting up and hitting a vertical suplex backbreaker

Whats the point of doing an amazing move if you can't even let the dust settle

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The dude took an incredibly looking german suplex and immediately made it look worthless by getting up and hitting a vertical suplex backbreaker

Whats the point of doing an amazing move if you can't even let the dust settle

I mean if he sold it or not. It hurt like hell. So when the flurry is done both men collapse out of just pure pain. Just look at it like a quick adrenaline rush.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I mean if he sold it or not. It hurt like hell. So when the flurry is done both men collapse out of just pure pain. Just look at it like a quick adrenaline rush.

Yeah I can see that idea but the problem is that he doesn't even sell that he's fighting through the pain. Like, if he was a little wobbly or had to like scream to hype himself up before he hit it or something, sure.

It doesn't feel like adrenaline when he dude just Hawk sells the move

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lid posted:

If you watched the G1 and saw Ishii this is all perfectly fine.

Ishii sells it better though. They look like idiots flopping around like they do versus straight powering up to hit a move.

It's just lacking psychology compared to the G1 stuff.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I can see that idea but the problem is that he doesn't even sell that he's fighting through the pain. Like, if he was a little wobbly or had to like scream to hype himself up before he hit it or something, sure.

I mean honestly I don’t mind it because I don’t think anyone is being made to look bad with the no selling. Both men are working their asses off and taking hard hitting bumps to make each other look as good as possible. Like I said with the German. Selling it immediately or not you as a fan can register that it probably hurt like hell so if that means they sell after the flurry of painful moves I’m ok with it. I just see it as the two dudes trying to win the match as hard as possible. So to me it sells the match.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he got up wobby and hit it quickly out of desperation and then flopped into a pin attempt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
mel what were your thoughts on kenny vs pac

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

mel what were your thoughts on kenny vs pac

hold on lemme find my journal I keep of my thoughts on wrestling matches from a month ago

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

cte

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hold on lemme find my journal I keep of my thoughts on wrestling matches from a month ago

sorry you got a bad memory i guess i just wanted to know if your thoughts were similar with their similar selling in that match

ah

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

sorry you got a bad memory i guess i just wanted to know if your thoughts were similar with their similar selling in that match

Genuinely remember little of that match other than the finish but yeah if there were spots like that I probably also hated them

I remember the finish to Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Black for ROH's first PPV had a finish like that and it pissed me off so bad I never watched it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Genuinely remember little of that match other than the finish but yeah if there were spots like that I probably also hated them

I remember the finish to Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Black for ROH's first PPV had a finish like that and it pissed me off so bad I never watched it again

fair