Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
Yeah, that felt shoehorned - but I really liked the rest of it.

Chuka Umana posted:

Also Joker in this movie is dumb as gently caress. I could only see him succeeding out of sheer luck
I don't know - he's already working on crazy plans in his notebook. Joker's crimes were always more about mayhem and theatrics than actual profit, right?

Going to watch Taxi Driver and King of Comedy now for comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Edit ^^^ Thanks, I got Prime to watch Undone, and it seems they have a site for my country now with more than just the made-for-Amazon shows that I got access to on Amazon.com. And yeah, King of Comedy is on it. :toot:

RBA Starblade posted:

How many times does Mr. Phoenix get noticeably erect
He does rise up to great applause from a society of clowns.

Wait, were you making a boner joke?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vir fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 4, 2019

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

I didn't mind those scenes. And you kind of need them to make clear that we're dealing with an unreliable narrator, otherwise we'd be swamped with people who didn't put two and two together for whatever reason.

But yes, it should have ended on the monitors, or the clown riots.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

golden bubble posted:

viewers that struggle to read text, let alone subtext.
And we can include in that some of the professional reviewers, who you sometimes wonder if even watched the movies they review write hot takes on their blogs about.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

There were uniformed cops at the AMC I went to.
I thought you weren't supposed to come in costume to this thing. That's it, I'm wearing my Gungan costume to the Cats premiere.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

It certainly had dark humor, but it was nice to see a movie take itself seriously enough to keep the tension. The apartment scenes were more frightening than any jumpscares could be.

Tart Kitty posted:

The Joker we see on the talk show feels like the Joker present in most Batman media, except... I'm not sure where it comes from.
I think it comes from watching the talk show itself, rehearsal, and from losing all his self-preservation. Acting out the resentment instead of just putting it in a notebook. That talk show host is the closest thing he had to a father figure or ideal, and the little dance he does seems to be a bit inspired by the host too. After having his comic dreams dashed by Murray and learning his mother's secret (whatever the actual truth may be), he feels betrayed by both and no longer cares what they think of him. As far as he's concerned, he's dead anyway - due to the murders and losing his job. All the energy he spent commiserating and holding himself back he can now focus outward. Then the last step is going from being suicidal to deciding that everyone else is the problem.

Vir fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 6, 2019

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

well why not posted:

Pretty sure. There’s sirens in the next scene.
It's ambiguous, but I don't think so. Those sirens pass by. In the last hallway scene in Arkham they're not exactly subtle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

I do like how the movie keeps both options open, in a way - in Joker fashion. Arthur could be Wayne's son, he could be adopted normally, or she might have adopted him as a substitute after having to have an abortion. I think it's leaning towards him being Wayne's son. But for those saying that it's unlikely that a single woman could adopt, that's true, but she might not have been single at the time she adopted.