Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It took like 5 years for people to realize Ledger’s joker was just a 1-1 Tom Waits impression, I’m excited for 2026 discourse to be all excited about the kid from Modern Family playing Joker and everyone realizing Phoenix’s Performance is just “Andy Kaufman”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The MSJ posted:

There's like 4 kids in Modern Family now, you have to be more specific.

Whichever poor bastard had to go through puberty on national TV while pretending Sofía Vergara was his loving mom. No way that dude doesn’t turn out a little unhinged

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sinteres posted:

They are, but in the case of the Scorcese movies the comparison is unfavorable to Joker. I mean falling short of peak Scorcese obviously isn't the end of the world, since almost everyone will, but having seen the other movies reduces the novelty of Joker for sure. As for Kaufman, I think Phoenix is good enough that pointing out any inspiration doesn't lessen what he did.

I genuinely think The Joker is a better movie than Taxi Driver, because I genuinely think that Phoenix is a better actor than De Niro.

I just watched The Dark Knight last night because I miss Heath Ledger and while his performance was just as amazing as I remember, I forgot how bad everyone in that movie is except for Oldman. Eckhart is just screaming RACHEL half the time and Bale, whose moves once seemed so powerful and cool, moves like he is wading through Molasses.

It’s good! I think it’s a great choice!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Film Critics and Cinema Twitter: This movie borrows HEAVILY from Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy

Literal Robert loving De Niro: Yeah, so?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

twerking on the railroad posted:

Hmmm

*Checks rap sheet*

Yep, checks out

LMAO a narc in the Joker thread smdh