Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

The worst part of grimdark Batman is it really limits what villains you can do. C’mon, make a serious Clock King movie I dare you.

The Batman animated series Clock King was a pretty creepy guy. Instead of a guy in clock pajamas who was obsessed with clocks, he's a probably-autistic man who is extremely punctual and organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Something I liked with Joker was that Phoenix's movements were very unreal, despite how his skeleton was clearly visible he somehow moved in a very boneless-feeling way, like he was hyperextending all his joints. It brought to mind the CG for the new Cats adaption.

Missed casting opportunity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1187044390633660416

People are also doing it at protests in Chile, Hong Kong, and other places.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Donnerberg posted:

That fateful meeting broke something in Alfred, and he later retreated into a fantasy world where he's a badass ex-SAS soldier who fights for justice. It'll all be explained in Joker 2: Alfred.

I hope they get Neil Gaiman to write it like he did the comic book version.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shazam and Birds of Prey also have lower budgets than typical comic book movies. It worked for Shazam since its worldwide gross would be a flop if it had the budget of a Captain America or Batman movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It broke the record for R rated movies as a whole, not just comic book movies. Although it broke that record too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It might also be the most profitable comic book movie ever.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can't confirm this but someone told me WB has followed Snyder on Twitter.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Roman posted:

think you meant this for the snyder thread? but i checked @wbpictures and nope

Oh, wrong thread.

What I meant to post here is that any news about a sequel that has been reported this week is apparently fake. Phillips never talked to WB about it, nor the other way round.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There is an actual DC villain named Sinestro and he used to be one of the good guys. They explained his name by making him left-handed.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder how the nerds who thinks Joker is an anti-SJW movie react to this.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's like 4 kids in Modern Family now, you have to be more specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Between this and Phoenix's speeches, MAGA chud fans of Joker are going to be really confused.

Disappointed that Ryan Reynolds is a Mayor Pete supporter though (as shown in a reply to that tweet).