Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think this was my biggest issue with the movie. It tells too often when it has already shown

- Like you said, we can figure out his date scenes with Zazie Beats’ character were a fantasy. It should have stopped when she came in the apartment and it was clear she was afraid. We didn’t need Fight Club-esque flashbacks showing the fantasy scenes without her.
- Similarly, we saw Fleck reading the file about his mom and that he was adopted. We didn’t need a flashback asylum sequence with him literally leaning on the wall as a ghostly observer.

I think you are vastly overestimating the average comic-book movie-goer. A more niche movie can afford to respect the audience. But a movie that is projected to hit > $80 million on the first weekend has to account for thousands of viewers that struggle to read text, let alone subtext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU