Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
The Joker goes into complete “we live in a society” mode in the last 20 minutes.

Also Joker in this movie is dumb as gently caress. I could only see him succeeding out of sheer luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
How did the writers and director get away with stealing the plot to The King of Comedy.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Warner Brothers marketing strategy of making people think this movie would cause a wave of violence was really brilliant. Nothing brings people to the theaters more than when they think a film is “dangerous.”

Midnight showings are through and not a single disturbance.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Jared Leto’s Joker was really fitting for the Gen Z crowd.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Donovan Trip posted:

King of Comedy is fuckin fantastic and worth the few bucks on prime. But Imma go ahead with a hot take taxi driver as boring and overrated, and most notable for the time it came out. It had a big impact at the time, it ushered in a new era of character driven Cinema at a time Hollywood was out of ideas save for ballooning budgets on Westerns and franchises that were tiring the audience. Only time will tell but I'd sure love it if Joker pushed the current superhero movie the way taxi driver pushed Hollywood then.

That history of Hollywood is completely wrong, Mew Hollywood has been around since 1967. In fact Taxi Driver was really at the end of that era since Star Wars came out the next year and ruined movies by bringing in nerds.

IGN giving this film a 10 shows that we really need less reviewers whose two favorite films are Star Wars and Ghostbusters.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Vir posted:

I don't know - he's already working on crazy plans in his notebook. Joker's crimes were always more about mayhem and theatrics than actual profit, right?

Going to watch Taxi Driver and King of Comedy now for comparison.

I don't know how a man who can't spell "sense" right can outsmart manbat

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Question regarding Thomas Wayne: Why did he go see a movie with his family during a riot with no security detail when he's a mayoral candidate?

I think we got some bad writing here.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
It’s 58 on metacritic

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
How much money did Gary Glitter get from this movie?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I’m glad they featured Jackson C Frank in the movie. I was kinda shocked when I first heard his music.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I think the fact IGN have this movie a perfect score is the biggest evidence that it really is a “dumb person’s idea of a smart movie.”

The only character I felt any type of empathy towards was the British clown guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

mastershakeman posted:

Did Todd Phillips know about Bernie goetz or is this just a big coincidence

Phillips was trying to create a not white supremacist version of the Goetz shooting.

I find it ridiculous how it took so long to pin the shooting on Arthur. He got fired for having the gun on the same day of shooting. There was that woman on the bus on who was a witness and the people who saw him leave the the station.