Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

They aren’t right wing movies, there’s definitely a sense that Batman is a bad person for using his wealth to fight poor people instead of investing into the city. But what they are is very much liberal centrist kinda stories that favour reform rather than revolution.

Bruce thinks Gotham can be saved while his enemies think it needs to be burned to the ground for its corruption.

If the movies were right wing they wouldn’t have ended with Bruce giving away all his wealth and using the last of his resources in his will to create an orphanage for the disenfranchised and giving his tech to a young man to continue his legacy but seeing as Batman never actually starts a true revolution in Gotham and in many ways just tried to reform the status quo and seeing as he actively stops those who do start revolutions I can’t see the films as being truly leftist -> just spinelessly liberal.

Liberalism is a right-wing ideology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Putting Maron in that part means you lose out on the King of Comedy role reversal. Doesn't matter whether De Niro is or isn't suited for it, Phillips wanted that obvious homage.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

ruddiger posted:

Yo Sleeveless, you going to comment on that Zizek review or what?

I can't speak for Sleeveless but will go ahead and speak for myself by telling you to gently caress off.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

ruddiger posted:

It’s called Cinema Discusso, not Cinema Shitpost and runaway like a coward.

The only way you know whether he's seen your post of the Zizek review is if he posts in the thread, and he hasn't, so send a PM or quit being a weirdo.

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Donovan Trip posted:

The lengths by which people will go to say they hated this movie, my goodness

Can't believe some people didn't like a movie!