Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Neo Rasa posted:

The people that thought Harvey Dent was alive after Batman spears him off a building and then Batman and Gordon spend like five minutes standing over his corpse talking about how to handle the fact that he is dead.

I loving remember this being a thing. People are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's a movie that flat out says beating the poo poo out of cops and killing rich people is funny.

To be fair, the three rich people were killed in self defense. The only questionable scene is when Joker finishes off one of them after he was trying to get away.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marmaduke! posted:

Amazing that this film broke the worldwide record for comic book movies... do they not include the Avengers in those stats? I really like the movie myself, it's very uncomfortable and you could get rid of all the Wayne stuff and have the movie stronger for it.

The focus is on the R-Rating category. Its by no means the most successful comicbook movie overall, but it has done very well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The MSJ posted:

It might also be the most profitable comic book movie ever.

Am I misunderstanding something? Cause Avengers Endgame is sitting at $2,797,800,564.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

teagone posted:

Joker's production budget was only $55 million. Endgame's was $360 million.

That's fair! That is a pretty significant difference. I like hearing about low budget films like this becoming successfully profitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marenghi posted:

Was Get Shorty not a documentary.

I thought everyone knew Hollywood is essentially a large money laundering operations for criminal enterprises.

I didnt know this but I mean if you just told me this was a fact I would believe you without any further clarification or context.