Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was darker than I expected. I didn’t expect the movie to be about class divides. It was a little heavy handed but that’s needed these days so whatever. I liked it and would like to see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Desperado Bones posted:

Like how dark are we talking here? Is there another movie that compares, just so I know what I might be getting to tomorrow...

Taxi Driver and King of Comedy dark. The movie seems to be obviously inspired by both.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Judakel posted:

It literally is just a Taxi Driver/ King of Comedy rip-off. Or at least it makes gestures towards being that type of film. It actually has nothing to say.

It’s probably not a coincidence that DeNiro was cast in this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

King of Comedy streaming anywhere? I haven’t seen it in a very long time and want to again now.

This movie wasn’t bad by any means but it did feel like a dumb guy’s idea of a smart movie at points.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Probably real. He lost like 50lbs for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I think this was my biggest issue with the movie. It tells too often when it has already shown

- Like you said, we can figure out his date scenes with Zazie Beats’ character were a fantasy. It should have stopped when she came in the apartment and it was clear she was afraid. We didn’t need Fight Club-esque flashbacks showing the fantasy scenes without her.
- Similarly, we saw Fleck reading the file about his mom and that he was adopted. We didn’t need a flashback asylum sequence with him literally leaning on the wall as a ghostly observer.

This is a movie for edgy couples that dress in Joker/Harley Halloween costumes. Those people absolutely need those scenes.