Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens won, but it feels like we lost.

born on a buy you posted:

Bbbbiiiiiirrrrddddgaaaaaang wooooo we finally got a w.

Not gonna lie though I would have loved a tie

I love the contrast of these two posts and bird avatars appearing back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I love the contrast of these two posts and bird avatars appearing back to back.

Basically the reason is because "we won" will be used to excuse what was a horrid performance by the team and a near loss to a backup and a 3rd string QB. We found what we were looking for in the mess this week. But it's only a matter of time before we don't, and then drop a game to the 0-5 Bengals or something to that degree.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

BILLS BICTH

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

vincentpricesboner posted:

it was an oddly long discussion after winning the coin toss. id imagine it was like

steelers: we want to go this way
ref : then you are kicking?
steelers: no, but we want this way
ref: so you are deferring?
steelers: I SAID WE WANT THIS SIDE

other teammate : did you just defer?
steeler : Wait? What? gently caress!

And it loving worked. Until it didn't. I'd call it Clownball but with the body count in this one it was more like Deathball.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Titans have a good D but their offense is poorly arranged

Mariota doesn’t have any turnovers because they scheme him to play scared

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Maybe the most disturbing thing about the Ravens game was how after the Mason Rudolph injury, the cart wouldn't start. So they picked him up and had him walk off the field. I don't understand that. Do they not have a stretcher anywhere in the building they can't put him on and carry him out??

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The first one looked like we should have tried to challenge for PI. The third one was Boyle being useless and not making a catch he got both his hands on. The second one was admittedly an awful pass and decision by Jackson.

Yeah the first one wasn't Lamar's fault, I didn't see the other two

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Continuing a frightening trend, Kawalimus is right. Only one of those interceptions was anywhere near his fault but that one was 100% on him.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Yeah the first one wasn't Lamar's fault, I didn't see the other two

The third one was particularly stupid. It was a decent throw to nick boyle in a tough spot that he got both his hands on while going backwards and falling down but he bobbled it. and the steelers player grabbed it. But the thing was, the ball hit the ground while it was in the Steeler guy's hand, AND MOVED!! This was clear on the replay. BUT THEY DID NOT OVERTURN IT! Just the stupidest thing. The rules guy came on and basically said yeah I can't understand for the life of me why that was upheld, it was clearly an incomplete pass.

So basically Nick Boyle being useless as usual as well as the refs making a baffling decision to not overturn a ball that clearly hit the ground and bounced up in the guy's arm.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CMC with another huge game.

Lot of haters talked poo poo about that pick, but I always believed.

Haters vacate, this is CMC's world now. Only thing that can stop him are electrolyte imbalances.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Saints are 4-1, which is a great place to be, Brees or no Brees.

Not only that, but I can't see any flukiness to this win.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You dont have the chance to take a risk when the defense is in your face immediately

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Whether Carolina keeps Cam past this season depends on how he looks when he finally returns, but Kyle Allen sure as poo poo isn't his replacement.

CMC Is fantastic.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

Basically the reason is because "we won" will be used to excuse what was a horrid performance by the team and a near loss to a backup and a 3rd string QB. We found what we were looking for in the mess this week. But it's only a matter of time before we don't, and then drop a game to the 0-5 Bengals or something to that degree.

Winning ugly is more fun than losing when playing well don't @ me

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm honestly shocked cmc worked out as well as he has , I figured white rb with pro dad would instantly flame out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Intruder posted:

I'm atting ya! And it can be. It depends on the context. Like if we're playing well week to week but we have one lousy game and we come out of it? That's ok with me and I'm not worried about it. But if we've been looking shaky and we have a game like this then yeah I'm still frustrated. I feel like we are regressing offensively each week. And it's early in the season. So these problems are going to get worse if we don't do something about it.

If we have a tough loss where we look generally good and still have a strong record then I wouldn't worry about that.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And even stranger, no sacks

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Metapod posted:

You dont have the chance to take a risk when the defense is in your face immediately

Yeah. Every single dude on the line played like poo poo through the whole first half. Second half wasn’t as bad but this was a total embarrassment. I feel bad for our defense

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Haters vacate, this is CMC's world now. Only thing that can stop him are electrolyte imbalances.

I don't think so Tim.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818639&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=27

FizFashizzle posted:

gently caress you

gently caress your dad

gently caress stanford

gently caress your acl that's about to rip in half

To be fair, we were all wrong about him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Metapod posted:

Checks out

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sometimes a pick that seems so bad is actually good. Like Ed Reed in Baltimore. Seemed like exactly the wrong pick when we made it. But turned out to be a beloved Hall of Famer.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

I will remember this insult to the Shew from the Panthers :mad:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wow SB. Can't believe you'd stoop so low as to hack the forums to besmirch Fiz's good name.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Intruder posted:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

more like billy belichick's flying school

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fake news.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Titans are very unpredictable and never easy to beat.

Bills coaching pretty good again. I don't hate them for going for it on fourth. Great game plan for Allen to get him settled down.

Also after all the crap I took in the AFC East thread for suggesting Jordan Phillips was going to be good I would just like to say: suck it!

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/raiders/status/1180963075844902913?s=21
oh my god gruden

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Deshaun's after game press conferences are good.

https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1180955848220270592

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

This one feels a little weak because lol it's the falcons.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Who was it that I briefly saw on Redzone get knocked silly, completely unconscious, and when he woke up and was carried off, looked like he had no idea where he was?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FAT BATMAN posted:

Who was it that I briefly saw on Redzone get knocked silly, completely unconscious, and when he woke up and was carried off, looked like he had no idea where he was?

Mason Rudolph possibly?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

FAT BATMAN posted:

Probably Mason Rudolph. He was totally out of it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Maybe this guy.

https://twitter.com/420beachdad/status/1180899474333474817?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

This one feels a little weak because lol it's the falcons.

I think I just enjoy that it's not coach speak or whatever. He's not giving any secrets away or saying anything too mind shattering, but he goes through some basic football stuff which almost no one ever does.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

I think I just enjoy that it's not coach speak or whatever. He's not giving any secrets away or saying anything too mind shattering, but he goes through some basic football stuff which almost no one ever does.

Nah, I'm just loving around, it's cool and also kinda nice that every QB in the AFC South is cool and as far as I know not a rapist or a kiddy-kisser. More a slam on the Falcons than Deshaun for sure.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is it maybe not a great idea to share with the world what you saw and were attempting to do against defenses post game? I'm sure the team you play watches tape, understands their own play calls, and when/how they fail, but sharing your insight into the process might reveal something of tendencies or general strategy to future opponents. I'm probably over thinking this. Still, this is a a league where the most successful team routinely provides warm Gatorade to visiting teams so maybe every possible edge counts.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/dannydeltoid/status/1180922522570809346?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm probably over thinking this.

I think you are kinda, the only information he's actually conveying is he's capable of reading coverage shells and basic rush schemes.

On the other hand yeah the dumb 'everything is an advantage!' might make BoB or someone tell him to stop doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What a waste of money Zeke already is