Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Shinji2015 posted:

Well, now I'm a Green Bay fan.

Welcome aboard, comrade. :ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

It's hard enough to win when you're missing so many key players but then when your healthy stars are playing badly (Rivers), fumbling at the goal line (Ekeler, for the second time this year), or are incapable of getting going because you're dependent on the QB getting the ball to you (Keenan), it's almost impossible

I'm definitely not gonna deny that Rivers played like poo poo today, for sure; you're gonna have a bad game if you only throw for like 211 yards on 48 attempts and two picks. and that Ekeler fumble was horrible. But this team has a lot of problems outside of health right now, roster wise, and they all felt like they were easily correctable ones in the offseason.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Please make “What a bunch of hotdogs, showboaters and trash-talkers.” the Week 6 N/V thread title, thanks.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Skip is the best

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't know how you defend this.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1180901661134348289?s=20

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

It was a slot corner blitz with the safety making the choice to double cover some WR on the right side of the field instead of CMC vs a LB in space on the obvious blitz outlet read.

You defend it by having less lovely safeties and/or better coaching to double CMC

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
CMC is what people thought Reggie Bush would be when he was drafted

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i cannot stress enough how awesome it is to no longer have to root for the Chargers

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

FizFashizzle posted:

Minshew is for real.

It's crazy how good his footwork and mechanics are for a rookie.

I think the Jags finally have a QB only to see their defense drop off.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

not sure what happened to the Ravens downfield passing attack but it seems to be gone forever.

It's what happens when you base your entire passing offense around 3 big white TEs, two of which suck.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
I think a larger issue is that the line isn't strong enough to push around stronger defensive fronts, resulting in those teams not needing to overcommit resources to stopping the run and putting Jackson and the receivers in positions they aren't good enough to consistently escape from. The entire offense is predicated on that mindset, and I don't think the talent is there for them to try anything else.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

CMC is what people thought Reggie Bush would be when he was drafted

It's a shame his team is going to grind him into a fine powder.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The WRs are for sure not winning one on one match ups. I think you still need to put the ball up and give them a chance to do something sometimes. In theory Miles Boykin could prevail a lot in those sorts of situations. Of course that's exactly what Jackson did on that endzone shot in the late 4th quarter and the interception to Boyle.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

pasaluki posted:

It's crazy how good his footwork and mechanics are for a rookie.

I think the Jags finally have a QB only to see their defense drop off.

Fixing a defense quickly is much easier than getting a franchise QB.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's a shame his team is going to grind him into a fine powder.

The Panthers have two backups very similar to him who shredded in the preaseason

it makes no sense to keep running him up the gut 20 times a game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Arkhams Razor posted:

I think a larger issue is that the line isn't strong enough to push around stronger defensive fronts, resulting in those teams not needing to overcommit resources to stopping the run and putting Jackson and the receivers in positions they aren't good enough to consistently escape from. The entire offense is predicated on that mindset, and I don't think the talent is there for them to try anything else.

Jackson is getting swarmed on every passing play this is true. And it affected his ability to be a pocket passer in this game especially.

This team is not good and is not built very well.

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Jackson is getting swarmed on every passing play this is true. And it affected his ability to be a pocket passer in this game especially.

This team is not good and is not built very well.
I think it has a good idea of how it wants to be built, but is still in the process of transitioning, at least on offense. The biggest problem is the defense going to poo poo, which was supposed to make the current level of offensive output sufficient.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm convinced Al Riveron is actively tanking PI reviews out of spite

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Bills are officially the 2nd best team in the AFC

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Fire Cam Erving into the sun

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts have won a nationally televised regular season game that wasn't a garbage thursday night divisional game.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Austin Reiter and Cam Erving? What's with KC and failed Cleveland Centers?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Fixing a defense quickly is much easier than getting a franchise QB.

Especially if you're paying the rookie qb virutally nothing since he's a 6th rounder.

Unfortunately that nick foles contract is a huge albatross and limits the ability to spend in free agency. I do wonder if they'll try a brock osweiler esque salary dump of him to someone like the dolphins to try and free up cap space

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm convinced Al Riveron is actively tanking PI reviews out of spite

you're not alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JiwdDyXfo

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

That was a good rear end win by the Colts. Cam Erving is so incredibly loving bad and if they're not trading for Trent Williams tomorrow, Pat is probably gonna die before December.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So that's two weeks in a row where the Chiefs offense has looked...not like themselves. They looked bad but actually did ok against the Lions for various chunks of the game, they looked ok in the first half against the Colts with one bad turnover and like dogshit in the second.

Defense isn't going to get any better since I bet Chris Jones is going to be out for a while, they'll probably get everyone's favorite child abuser back next week but the O Line is getting worse and Mahomes got his ankle hurt again.

Texans next week, then TNF at the Broncos with all of the bullshit TNF brings, then Green Bay with a surprisingly rough defense. It's...a scary stretch with everyone getting hurt or already hurt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Deshaun is so loving cool

Grittybeard posted:

So that's two weeks in a row where the Chiefs offense has looked...not like themselves. They looked bad but actually did ok against the Lions for various chunks of the game, they looked ok in the first half against the Colts with one bad turnover and like dogshit in the second.

I hope it becomes three weeks in a row

Then they can go back to normal if they want

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

We probably lost Turay for the year which is not what we needed in defense. Still, we held KC to 13 points which is impressive. Part of that is Mahomes being very off after the ankle injury, but we also had key injuries so eh.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Mahomes still threw for 321 yards. Sure didn't feel like it.

Probably because the Chiefs rushed for 36 yards as a team.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Chiefs are starting to look like an answer to the question: 'What if you had an amazing QB and coach and nothing else?'

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The Niners and Pats are the last undefeated teams.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

better to lose now than after xmas

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chichevache posted:

:hfive:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

Give it a day, maybe.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chichevache posted:

And the Niners had a bye week already

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Flikken posted:

Give it a day, maybe.

Sure.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And the Niners had a bye week already

And the Pats have had 4.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

And the Pats have had 4.

I like that it's only 4 because somehow the Bills might be for real?

Like how did we end up here?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
frank clark being absolutely terrible should be a nationwide story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

I like that it's only 4 because somehow the Bills might be for real?

Like how did we end up here?

Steelers are frauds is even better.

Chromatic posted:

frank clark being absolutely terrible should be a nationwide story

I'd like to think that the Chiefs d is just so cursed it runs everyone who joins it. Like the antithesis of the offense.