Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Grittybeard posted:

I like that it's only 4 because somehow the Bills might be for real?

Like how did we end up here?

The first somewhat competent GM since John Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jay Gruden fired.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
shouldn't have counted out Touchdown Jacoby

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

BlindSite posted:

Jay Gruden fired.

And nothing of consequence will change for Synder's pile of poo poo.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Anyone who conciously decides to play for the team in Washington literally deserves the worst happening to them.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

If only the redskins had a common denominator that we could look to as responsible for them being perpetually mediocre and/or complete poo poo.

...if only...

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

adaz posted:

Especially if you're paying the rookie qb virutally nothing since he's a 6th rounder.

Unfortunately that nick foles contract is a huge albatross and limits the ability to spend in free agency. I do wonder if they'll try a brock osweiler esque salary dump of him to someone like the dolphins to try and free up cap space

Nick foles is going to get traded to the bears and win some Superbowls in Chicago, that'll solve Jacksonville's cap issues

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the team had Gruden come in at 5 am to fire him

Washington never changes

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

lol the team had Gruden come in at 5 am to fire him

Washington never changes

How you gonna get fired....on your day off?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Silly Burrito posted:

How you gonna get fired....on your day off?

What do you mean? Now every day is a day off! It's a real Christmas miracle.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Arkhams Razor posted:

I think it has a good idea of how it wants to be built, but is still in the process of transitioning, at least on offense. The biggest problem is the defense going to poo poo, which was supposed to make the current level of offensive output sufficient.

Fingers crossed!! The D definitely seems like a big oversight. They had to realize how much of an impact Weddle Mosley and Suggs all leaving at once might cause. And Zadarius Smith was apparently pretty strong of a player too. But seems like he took a big leap this season from what he was.

We just always have these problems with the offensive line. I have to think other teams have similar problems on the offensive line but still make things work. I don't imagine there's too many teams out there with 5 good players. Most have one or two duds that they just have to work around. At least I would think that. Maybe not accurate. So that's why I just don't like eternally using the excuse of the offensive line for not having our poo poo together.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1181179772505714688

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Too bad! Although I can't say for certain that his apparent ineffectiveness is the result of his own talent. I saw some analyst guy article headline say that it wasn't, but I didn't look into it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Its good we lost yesterday because it showed the team the margin of error for the remaining of the season

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It's cool that there have been multiple completely unnecessary helmet to helmet hits that cause significant injuries that only draw a flag

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's cool that there have been multiple completely unnecessary helmet to helmet hits that cause significant injuries that only draw a flag

It didn't even draw a flag until they saw it KO'ed him. Then the ref decided to throw it

Yet later another player was flagged later for grabbing the QB's feet as he threw the ball. Not even diving low, just grabbing them as Jackson threw and then he fell.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 7, 2019

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

I love this poo poo. Most players, QBs included, have to go back and review tape before they can give an analysis like this, but Watson is able to just spit it right out.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The only qb who wouldn't be able to do that is Goff

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah like I said he's not giving any secrets away but it's still so refreshing to have someone just talk a little football since no one does it for some reason.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tato posted:

Whether Carolina keeps Cam past this season depends on how he looks when he finally returns, but Kyle Allen sure as poo poo isn't his replacement.

CMC Is fantastic.

That was one of the two games I managed to watch yesterday after I got home from vacation, I thought he played pretty drat well? A few mistakes, and that fumbling thing hasn't even bit him yet but it will. Overall though good decisions and catchable balls

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe the most disturbing thing about the Ravens game was how after the Mason Rudolph injury, the cart wouldn't start. So they picked him up and had him walk off the field. I don't understand that. Do they not have a stretcher anywhere in the building they can't put him on and carry him out??

Was he just knocked out or did he have his neck hurt? They probably asked him if he wanted to walk or wait for another mode of conveyance and he agreed to walk because he could. There is a whiff of irresponsibility there though

Preferably, not with a linebacker.

Elephanthead posted:

Look if you want to jump 20 feet and land on your head I ain't gonna scoop your brains up.

The scary thing about that is how he kind of jams his neck into the ground. Probably it's just a bad concussion but god drat that's a really stupid thing to do, especially the way he did it. Nothing about that was ever going to work

Hot Diggity! posted:

Things that ruled the Packers / Cowboys game, in order: Aaron Jones, refball, Amari Cooper

Jaire Alexander got burned bad, but he's a good CB and should recover

But really the refs sucked poo poo. The phantom false start that took away a redzone int and the roughing the passer on Gary were terrible calls

Aaron Jones got a franchise record tying 4 TDs and owns

Lots of Packers injuries, including starting center Lindsey and starting FS Savage

Jerryworld is owned by Aaron Rodgers

This weekend was record-breaking in terms of players exceeding 40 fantasy points, with another ending with 39.7. McCaffrey, Deshaun Watson, Aaron Jones all got 40. Michael Thomas exceeded 40 in PPR scoring. Will Fuller (who I didn't start of course) had 39.7 standard scoring and 53.7 in PPR. Up to this point in the year only Russel Wilson has broken 40 points, which makes it very strange that so many players accomplished it this week.

Blitz7x posted:

nope, they're dumbasses until they prove otherwise. especially derek carr

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Was he just knocked out or did he have his neck hurt? They probably asked him if he wanted to walk or wait for another mode of conveyance and he agreed to walk because he could. There is a whiff of irresponsibility there though

I'm sure they wouldn't have moved him if they suspected a neck injury, but he was knocked into next week so it's not like asking him what he preferred was a good idea either.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
All the reports say it was just a hellacious concussion. This is weirdly great news considering it looked like he died on the field at first.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

These guys are pro-caliber athletes so there's probably a decent black knight-type streak in most of them. So that's why I think they should take every precaution in these types of situations. Rudolph looked like he was literally knocked silly after that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I love that the doctors were to lazy to follow protocol and just walked him off the field.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blitz7x posted:

I'm not convinced Trubisky could do that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I love that the doctors were to lazy to follow protocol and just walked him off the field.

It was actually operator error. The guy driving the cart didn't know what he was doing.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

MarshawnLynch.gif

You know the one.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Seriously.

Also, Pittsburgh is claiming the cart wouldn't start due to "operator error" which makes even stupider somehow

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Play posted:

Seriously.

Also, Pittsburgh is claiming the cart wouldn't start due to "operator error" which makes even stupider somehow

Look it's impossible to find enough strong people at a NFL football game to carry a spineboard/basket of any sort full of a couple hundred pounds of human being.

Nov 6, 2002

You'd think with like 200 people on each teams' sideline that someone would be able to figure out how to operate a glorified golf cart.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Didn't Pittsburgh used to have some bizarre rule about "no players on crutches on the sidelines" or something? What if some brainiac were like "hey i have an idea, let's have him walk off the field and build the legend for our new QB"

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 7, 2019

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Play posted:

Seriously.

Speaking as an engineer that has to do failure analysis a lot, "operator error" is code for either "I don't know and am too lazy to figure it out" or "the actual root cause is embarrassing."

Nov 6, 2002

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Speaking as an engineer that has to do failure analysis a lot, "operator error" is code for either "I don't know and am too lazy to figure it out" or "the actual root cause is embarrassing."

So it was outta gas?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Speaking as an operator whose work group is often thrown under the bus by lazy bosses, this sounds about right.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So it was outta gas?

Or they forgot to plug it into the charger. Running out of gas is something you can fix 5 minutes before kickoff. A dead battery isn't.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
There's still: immobilize his loving spine and put him on the drat stretcher. jfc they took the facemask off so they'd have easy access to his airway without having to move his neck.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

There's still: immobilize his loving spine and put him on the drat stretcher. jfc they took the facemask off so they'd have easy access to his airway without having to move his neck.

Yeah they clearly didn't know what to do and instead of thinking it through they panicked, knowing that they couldn't stop the game forever and ended up just letting him walk off when he should've been cared for the whole way and put in a stretcher

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CraigHoffman/status/1181268007814909952

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Bruuce allen's record as a GM is 42-75. That's basically 7 seasons of 6-10 , feels like they might be on to something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Chiefs traded a first and second round pick and paid 105M to acquire Frank Clark this offseason. Through five games he has one sack and six solo tackles

They let Dee Ford and Justin Houston go and spent their Chris Jones rainy day find to do it

You hate to see it