Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Figured this was pretty rare:

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1179979297924272128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Deshaun's after game press conferences are good.

https://twitter.com/aaronjreiss/status/1180955848220270592

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FAT BATMAN posted:

Who was it that I briefly saw on Redzone get knocked silly, completely unconscious, and when he woke up and was carried off, looked like he had no idea where he was?

Mason Rudolph possibly?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

This one feels a little weak because lol it's the falcons.

I think I just enjoy that it's not coach speak or whatever. He's not giving any secrets away or saying anything too mind shattering, but he goes through some basic football stuff which almost no one ever does.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm probably over thinking this.

I think you are kinda, the only information he's actually conveying is he's capable of reading coverage shells and basic rush schemes.

On the other hand yeah the dumb 'everything is an advantage!' might make BoB or someone tell him to stop doing that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LabyaMynora posted:

Refs tried so hard to fix that game. Whether they were angling for a Cowboys win or just to cover the spread, there was some real shitfuckery right there.

They really were just bad all around. They weren't competent enough to be trying to fix anything.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So that's two weeks in a row where the Chiefs offense has looked...not like themselves. They looked bad but actually did ok against the Lions for various chunks of the game, they looked ok in the first half against the Colts with one bad turnover and like dogshit in the second.

Defense isn't going to get any better since I bet Chris Jones is going to be out for a while, they'll probably get everyone's favorite child abuser back next week but the O Line is getting worse and Mahomes got his ankle hurt again.

Texans next week, then TNF at the Broncos with all of the bullshit TNF brings, then Green Bay with a surprisingly rough defense. It's...a scary stretch with everyone getting hurt or already hurt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Mahomes still threw for 321 yards. Sure didn't feel like it.

Probably because the Chiefs rushed for 36 yards as a team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

And the Pats have had 4.

I like that it's only 4 because somehow the Bills might be for real?

Like how did we end up here?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The only qb who wouldn't be able to do that is Goff

Yeah like I said he's not giving any secrets away but it's still so refreshing to have someone just talk a little football since no one does it for some reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Was he just knocked out or did he have his neck hurt? They probably asked him if he wanted to walk or wait for another mode of conveyance and he agreed to walk because he could. There is a whiff of irresponsibility there though

I'm sure they wouldn't have moved him if they suspected a neck injury, but he was knocked into next week so it's not like asking him what he preferred was a good idea either.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The Chiefs traded a first and second round pick and paid 105M to acquire Frank Clark this offseason. Through five games he has one sack and six solo tackles

They let Dee Ford and Justin Houston go and spent their Chris Jones rainy day find to do it

You hate to see it

I'm not convinced the defense would be better with Ford, although the pass rush would be better.

Somehow that hasn't been the problem even though the pass rush sucks. Houston would definitely have helped though.

e: It should also be noted that no matter how bad the run defense is and time of possession and all of that if the Chiefs score 13 points the Chiefs aren't winning. Maaaaaaaybe in a really weird game against the Dolphins or something but probably not then either.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

Translate for the rest of us please?

ANY/A is Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt. The Steelers are strangely awesome defensively is the point of the tweet.

quote:

ANY/A - adjusted net yards per passing attempt: (pass yards + 20*(pass TD) - 45*(interceptions thrown) - sack yards)/(passing attempts + sacks). See AY/A. Note that we are now using 20 yards per TD instead of 10, because of research by Chase Stuart at the p-f-r blog.

A bunch of math but basically green good red bad gray in the middle.

e: the Jags offense actually being awesome by that metric is surprising too.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 7, 2019