Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It really was a fantastic game last night. Sometimes I just love football. Fall can be such a lovely time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
West coast, best coast. I'd be in heaven were it not for working Sundays destroying the value of 10 am football.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

vincentpricesboner posted:

it was an oddly long discussion after winning the coin toss. id imagine it was like

steelers: we want to go this way
ref : then you are kicking?
steelers: no, but we want this way
ref: so you are deferring?
steelers: I SAID WE WANT THIS SIDE

other teammate : did you just defer?
steeler : Wait? What? gently caress!

And it loving worked. Until it didn't. I'd call it Clownball but with the body count in this one it was more like Deathball.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Continuing a frightening trend, Kawalimus is right. Only one of those interceptions was anywhere near his fault but that one was 100% on him.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wow SB. Can't believe you'd stoop so low as to hack the forums to besmirch Fiz's good name.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is it maybe not a great idea to share with the world what you saw and were attempting to do against defenses post game? I'm sure the team you play watches tape, understands their own play calls, and when/how they fail, but sharing your insight into the process might reveal something of tendencies or general strategy to future opponents. I'm probably over thinking this. Still, this is a a league where the most successful team routinely provides warm Gatorade to visiting teams so maybe every possible edge counts.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Great reaction from the audience. We're in a life or death situation with this guy but he is a Bills fan so no urgency needed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
E:Wrong thread

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The WRs are for sure not winning one on one match ups. I think you still need to put the ball up and give them a chance to do something sometimes. In theory Miles Boykin could prevail a lot in those sorts of situations. Of course that's exactly what Jackson did on that endzone shot in the late 4th quarter and the interception to Boyle.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
All the reports say it was just a hellacious concussion. This is weirdly great news considering it looked like he died on the field at first.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Speaking as an engineer that has to do failure analysis a lot, "operator error" is code for either "I don't know and am too lazy to figure it out" or "the actual root cause is embarrassing."

Speaking as an operator whose work group is often thrown under the bus by lazy bosses, this sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Their own staff. The lady who has been the Ravens team doctor for at least a decade rode off the field with Tony Jefferson. Actually, they may have rode off in that same cart.